Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Requesting!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Thea.

Thea.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Can you translate 'Ai Ore' ?
Or..wait-
do you only do manhwa? ._.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
We don't have anyone that speaks japanese. I don't even know where to buy japanese manga...

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Try to recruit someone who can translate japanese; say they can earn money translating then they will come
Also i want some one to translate Yamada Tarou Monogatari or Freezing i think that one is a manwha
...Don't ban me again.

Thea.

Thea.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
So you only do manhwa, right?

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
It's not that we're not open to manga or manhua, its just that currently, we only have Korean translators.  If that changes, we might consider picking up other series that arn't manhwa but right now we can only do manhwa.
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
like i said not that many people want to work for free. they probably wont even come to the site. wave a little money around it works on prostitutes strippers.

Also translate Demon King again
...Don't ban me again.

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
tat's not tru..
lots of scanlating sites are volunteer based :D
we just have to make this site more popular,

1. have more webtoons/ manhwas
2. advertise the one we have.

we can do the first if we have more translators *cough cough :D

Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Have any of you ever read [glow=green,2,300][shadow=red,left]Demon King[/shadow][/glow] it is [glow=blue,2,300]awesome[/glow]
...Don't ban me again.

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
it's licensed lol
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
WHAT!!!

How about Freezing
...Don't ban me again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
We aren't gonna do any active series. So don't bother asking them... and stop making annoying posts with gigantic fonts.

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
it has been a year since freezing was last translated also i am gonna do a sentence with a large font then i am gonna stop
...Don't ban me again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

it has been a year since freezing was last translated also i am gonna do a sentence with a large font then i am gonna stop

You really don't know where to keep track of these stuff... do you? freezing's active. Last release was on 12th of this month.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
Lol, Grumpy is right... I've been following Freezing ever since it started up again.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Tigerocket

Tigerocket

Potato Spud

• The Company (inactive)
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA
how about aflame inferno...is that still active? it hasnt for a while i think...?

also i have no idea what it meant by licensed...you mean licensed by american companies?

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
Copyright probably XD
not sure tho. just basically means we don't have the right to use it.
Posted Image

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
By "licensed" in scanlation, we usually refer to license bought by american company to redistribute it in English. This stage prevents scanlators for two reasons. 1. Out of respect and hope for their success in business. If scanlations continue, they can't do business because we'd be competing with them but ours would be free. So, they would have a horrible time. 2. Because they have a higher probability of sending cease and decease order. This basically means legally telling us to stop. It is not a stage of a law suit, so it's still safe but some want to avoid the entire process to begin with.

Copyright is an international protection. The moment the original author wrote the comic, copyright was established. The rights were then sold to the publisher. We never had the right to use them for what we do. You should know better Haruki, your assignment is on it. :P

Oh and aflame inferno is scanlated to the latest volume.

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
oh well XD
Posted Image

Crossxover

Crossxover

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
What about projects in which the American company that licensed it and eventually went under or lost the rights. Meaning that at least the ongoing and current releases are no longer bound.

A number of companies that did any korean manga publications to the US exactly had that problem. Also a lot of licenses for Tokyo pop and other companies actually ran out.

I have no specific requests currently, but was curious to your standpoint on that.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
If the license was lost by the English company, we would be willing to take it. But, would prefer some sort of proof that they no longer have the license rather than just a suspicion under claims of no release for x period of time.

My reason for preferably not taking a licensed series is purely for hopes of them continuing business. As for any legal matters, when they send us C&D order, we'll just stop. And it is just a preference, it's not really a must not scanlate a licensed series. Another group joining the fray of scanlating naruto for example wouldn't hurt anyone's business anymore than it's already doing. Not that we would actually be willing to do naruto...