Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is Gantz getting worse?

Gantz Worse question

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
Hello everyone

i caught up with Gantz a while ago and Liked it EXTREMELY mutch

But is it because i now have to wait for chapters to come out or is gantz making less and less sense?
The story Also seems to be progressing very very slow

ps: sorry for bad english

Nolonar

Nolonar

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
I've got the same impression, to be honest.

The story kinda drags on for far too long (for my taste) and those pest-like creatures that live among the civilized aliens seem to be much stronger than the civilized aliens themselves (even when equipped).
If we humans couldn't even kill the rats or cockroaches living among us, we'd never have survived for this long.

So yeah, if Gantz seems to make less sense than before, it's definitely not just your imagination.

Ghurab

Ghurab

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I've been reading gantz for more than 3 years.
and for me, i think that gantz has gotten better. there is a plot atleast now.

You get that impresion after u read lots of chapters at the same time, and then u change to a chapter a week
and in gantz case, the chapter has so littel dialog, u will read it too fast and end up with the " wtf just happend " expresion !

Im not saying that they are not streching and draging. but come on, this has always been the case with gantz
so i'd say its atleast still on the same lvl it started with

and btw, when the hell did gantz make sense ? it has never made any!

@Nolonar
Imagine a intaligent pest, equip with an ak47, and had survived 0.01% survival rate training camp ,and was fighting creaturs even stronger than you
i'd say, your avrage soldier couldnt win against that pest

ravenblitz

ravenblitz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGetting there...
hmm yeah it got worse but not on an "Air Gear" level

i hate when Oku-sensei had Reika died..
Posted Image

alcaray

alcaray

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth Am
In my humble opinion:

1) No, Gantz is not getting worse. It is getting bigger, and moving its plot along. Every event that happens in a show will have its fans and haters. But the show seems to be making the same sorts of choices it was making from the very beginning.
Also, origin stories have a certain magic associated with their newness. The problem is, that magic has to end as the story goes beyond the opening.

2) @Nolonar: "...those pest-like creatures that live among the civilized aliens". I do not believe that these are pests. I believe that this is a specific place they created and filled with the strongest things they found as they explored the galaxy. They very specifically sent the Gantz crews to this place so they could fight/be defeated by the things there. I doubt very much that they sent them to some random sewer or space between the walls in their house.

keymaster21

keymaster21

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Yeah sure there's a plot now. but it's too 'forced' imo.
And also the chapters are too dragging, it sometimes move at a slower rate than naruto.
So for me, it's getting worse 'cause the plot is hardly being explained and is hardly making sense right now, aside from the fact that they are in a war.
haha, I can't word it properly now, but anyway for me it really did get worse.

eorgeburns7

eorgeburns7

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
so i have a question is there anybody in the serize that doesn't die?

Edited by eorgeburns7, 22 February 2012 - 04:32 AM.

so can i ask all the beautiful people  out there to check out my new blog http://alahme.com/ and give me new ideas on how to improve.

alcaray

alcaray

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNorth Am
Death in the gantz universe does not mean the same thing that it does to you or me.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA
The last 6 chapters could have been two .

Wendy

Wendy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Location77th Floor
i think the transition from reading a batch to reading a chapter week in week out does make a difference with gantz. the plot of gantz is abstract so reading it bit by bit might be tough for some folks. to another subject, i dont believe gantz has gotten worse. i believe like some have mentioned, it has gotten more fame so its story has moved on to a bigger scene and introducing bigger battles as well. from what it looks like, the author and the story of gantz is drawing closer to the end so i think the author is trying to go out with a bang.
Posted Image

AL-chan

AL-chan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMalaysia ipoh
who care Gantz getting worsen for all i care is gantz better than Medaka Box and Air gear thats all man ps for bad eng.

Edited by AL-chan, 26 February 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Ozen

Ozen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts
I honestly can't tell if it's gotten slower. The story's definitely gotten bigger (though presumably it was this big to start with), so it's harder to keep track of everything than it was in the beginning, when things were comparatively simple. So I'm sure the story is going somewhere. Can't pass judgment yet on whether the series has gotten worse.

Of course it does seem to have gotten slower, but I attribute that to my having discovered Gantz when issue 355 came out. I read the whole thing in four days, and in the following three months barely any new chapters have been released. Speaking of which, what the hell? Had the release schedule always been this slow, Oku would've had to start the series in the 18th century.

Zaraf

Zaraf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Don't complain cause this series is still released faster than Berserk lol

Scruff

Scruff

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNEW WORLD!
Its not getting worse.. its just.. getting nowhere

EterPuralis

EterPuralis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSweden
Pff, you people have no patience. Try following a fantasy series for the most part of your life. (no, not Harry Potter). THAT'S time consuming. And then the damn author had to go and die... *sigh* I think this is developing nicely :P

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Gantz failed the moment ***** died. I lost my last incentive for reading, it's all pointless now.

Edited by fistsofrage, 08 March 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Ozen

Ozen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 207 posts

Gantz failed the moment ***** died. I lost my last incentive for reading, it's all pointless now.

Spoiler

MrMleczko

MrMleczko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Is gantz getting worse now? NO
It got worse long time a go. Plot don’t make sense there is hole on the another one, and the biggest one is whole alien invasion, just like some day author/editor got brilliant idea “-I want alien invasion. -But that doesn’t make sense! –doesn’t matter it will look awesome –yea I guess you are right lets do this!” and I won’t even write about the rest missing links , lack of logic or plain idiotism.

ku4eto

ku4eto

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBulgaria,Sofia
It never went worse ( for me atleast ). There is only epic scenes , awesome chapters , and not-so awesome ( the puppy-eyes chapters ).

"Together we fight.... for the blood of the nations!"
"Running through life with blindfolds..."

hakki90

hakki90

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
it get more interesting i think. from individual survival to survival of the human race.