Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SomeManga carebears

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

4533josh

4533josh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
First off, apologies for necro-ing the thread.
But hi.
I don't know if anyone remembers me... I know I had an "altercation" with Fenrill fairly recently but *shrug*.
I was fairly active in the shoutbox and I've kept in contact with a few of you guys via steam and skype...
God I miss the shoutbox :c

somemanga's server contract expired on the first of february and wutz is far too lazy to have another donation drive at this point
you're all exaggerating about the somemanga forums though, 99% of people used the site because of the reader and the archive selection which were both extremely good
It was probably its time to go, after the sporadic downtime and that whole "accidentally ip banning half of the registered users" incident

http://forums.someth...40&pagenumber=1 for posterity

On the off chance that someone from somemanga has a somethingawful account, can you post what I said here into the linked thread? They're still wondering

I tried to keep the guys on the SA thread updated, a mod took notice that the thread was basically dead, and locked it.
Wutz hasn't been active on his SA account since around October '11.

Edited by 4533josh, 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Location@ the lord's feet

Ah...what's this?!? I didn't know this thread existed...brothers and sisters of our infamous coven...welcome aboard this site ^^

welcome_to_patoto.jpg

*Credit to Tio 4 teh awesome pic ^_^*

Edited by RIDDHI DIPAN, 11 July 2013 - 12:45 AM.

Shrinwantu vishwe amritasya putra

Arya dhamani divyani thasthu --- Svetasvatara Upanishad.

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

I miss the site. I don't use Batoto but another reader. I miss both the somemanga reader and the forums. It was so much fun. ^~^ It feels like everyone went their separate ways now. It doesn't seem like anyone's really kept in contact with anyone else. Which kind of sucks. But I guess it just means we all moved on. :P

EDIT: On a side note. I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with reading old comments of mine. On one side I'm completely "WTF! WHAT WAS I THINKING AT THE TIME! FUUUUUU" and other times I'm just smiling cause, I'm being either stupid and random, or cause of how much I've changed. By just checking this thread alone, I'm now REALLY wanting to check back those forums to see all the bantering and what not. Well, there's always other forums I can do that with though. Hmm... I'm thinking of being more active in the Batoto community now. Boredom makes one interested in things that in other situations would be found uninteresting. Yep. 

Edited by pearlday, 16 August 2013 - 03:44 AM.

3824661.png 16721_s.gif 5059749.png

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

I miss the site. I don't use Batoto but another reader. I miss both the somemanga reader and the forums. It was so much fun. ^~^ It feels like everyone went their separate ways now. It doesn't seem like anyone's really kept in contact with anyone else. Which kind of sucks. But I guess it just means we all moved on. :P

EDIT: On a side note. I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with reading old comments of mine. On one side I'm completely "WTF! WHAT WAS I THINKING AT THE TIME! FUUUUUU" and other times I'm just smiling cause, I'm being either stupid and random, or cause of how much I've changed. By just checking this thread alone, I'm now REALLY wanting to check back those forums to see all the bantering and what not. Well, there's always other forums I can do that with though. Hmm... I'm thinking of being more active in the Batoto community now. Boredom makes one interested in things that in other situations would be found uninteresting. Yep. 

Ohohoho...pearlday...nice to see ya^^ And what's this? You talkin' mature n stuff?!? Wowowow...wait a sec...so it's not just me whose life turned out better from all that SM experience post teh apocalypse XD well...yeah...SM taught us so much it comes handy in life...and personally speaking, it had a great contribution in making me into what I currently am...instead of a whining kid, I have become a person who, alongside being an overachiever (I always was ^^), has learnt the meaning of moving on and not attaching myself to anything, esp things which I might need to lose someday...and yeah I have learnt to appreciate what I already have...and the feeling of friendship and brotherhood...it's more intense...I have become a much much better person since SM shut down...^^

Anyway...enough with my rants^^ Say, did you hear from Senshi or Madam Vonnie?!? They were a delight to speak to ^^

In a side note...I know I never spoke much with you back in those heydays of SM...but it would still be nice to have you posting around the site XD feel free to post in the potato hell forum...or teh forum game section ^^

Nice Regards

Riddhi Sama

ex-Godmod of SM ^^

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

Ohohoho...pearlday...nice to see ya^^ And what's this? You talkin' mature n stuff?!? Wowowow...wait a sec...so it's not just me whose life turned out better from all that SM experience post teh apocalypse XD well...yeah...SM taught us so much it comes handy in life...and personally speaking, it had a great contribution in making me into what I currently am...instead of a whining kid, I have become a person who, alongside being an overachiever (I always was ^^), has learnt the meaning of moving on and not attaching myself to anything, esp things which I might need to lose someday...and yeah I have learnt to appreciate what I already have...and the feeling of friendship and brotherhood...it's more intense...I have become a much much better person since SM shut down...^^

Anyway...enough with my rants^^ Say, did you hear from Senshi or Madam Vonnie?!? They were a delight to speak to ^^

In a side note...I know I never spoke much with you back in those heydays of SM...but it would still be nice to have you posting around the site XD feel free to post in the potato hell forum...or teh forum game section ^^

Nice Regards

Riddhi Sama

ex-Godmod of SM ^^

It'll take a bit of time to adjust to the site here but I'm definitely sticking around. We may not have really spoken with each other on SM but with time, changes occur. :D Sadly, I haven't at all spoken with anyone from SM until I visited this thread. I have absolutely no clue what anyone's been up to. :'( Oh well. It's a bit disheartening to see how everyone's broken apart, but like you said, it's part of the reason we're who we currently are. I've definitely learned a lot on the site, during the collapse of the site, and since the site. And yes, I've definitely matured- a bit. :P Life is not at all like the anime we watch on our computers. We can't pause it. We can't choose what to skip or when to watch the next episodes. We may be able to choose which series we watch, and when to drop 'em, but that's not how it is with life. Everyone moves forward, changes, develops, and grows- and not necessarily out of desire. It just happens. It's may be more significant in teens like myself, but I bet everyone from SM has changed as well- not just you and me :) I wonder how everyone's doing.... Have you kept in touch with anyone?

EDIT:

Nice regards?

Pearlday

Ex-Annoying female person  ^~^

Edited by pearlday, 17 August 2013 - 01:14 AM.

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

well...I had kept in touch for a while using OM with mangafreak2128, m1hwksgm, madam vonnie and that artist gal from India whose name began with I >.> (god we were on good talking terms as well...gosh...how come I forgot her name...damn!!!) ...(it was Isley probably)...but then I stopped going to OM altogether...and last week or so when I checked OM site was under construction...which most certainly means all contacts with 'em is lost for now^^

As for the rest, I got Dkalf and Razarasu over fb...and I also have gmail id of mangafreak

Other than that...nah...

Btw...seeing you speak so much psychology is giving me teh creeps...Kids nowadays grow way too fast *_* :P

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

well...I had kept in touch for a while using OM with mangafreak2128, m1hwksgm, madam vonnie and that artist gal from India whose name began with I >.> (god we were on good talking terms as well...gosh...how come I forgot her name...damn!!!) ...(it was Isley probably)...but then I stopped going to OM altogether...and last week or so when I checked OM site was under construction...which most certainly means all contacts with 'em is lost for now^^

As for the rest, I got Dkalf and Razarasu over fb...and I also have gmail id of mangafreak

Other than that...nah...

Btw...seeing you speak so much psychology is giving me teh creeps...Kids nowadays grow way too fast *_* :P

Lol imagine how I'ma be talking once I go to college! I have one more year in high school and then I'm off. My school isn't even that great. My writing has improved- surprisingly- by just joining forums and talking to people. Psychology on the other hand... I very much want to study psychology! Well, besides all that- life hit me. When certain events hit you out of nowhere, it changes you. I guess that's some of what happened to me. 

On a more less morbid note, I completely forgot about OM. I used to use OM before SM but then OM was taken down and so I went to SM. Then SM was taken down so I am now on KM. I tried a few other sites when SM collapsed and wasn't fond of any of them. KM was brand spanking new and didn't have much content but the reader was much better than the other sites's. The new OM- which I completely forgot about- doesn't fit my tastes. SM has gotten me addicted to it's reader and KM's is the only one that I've found that comes close to it. KM also has an alternate site, KA, that's for anime. Sadly right now they're fiddling with ads. :'( I have adblocker but they want it disabled for the anime site now. The inevitable has finally occurred. *sigh* Other than that I've been frequenting the Toonami Faithful forums and chats- mostly chats. I love my chat boxes ^~^. I've only started going there recently but there's a very nice community there. It's like the chat on SM only the guys there are much more polite. It's still nice conversing with them though. 

-Also just to add in... I learned the alot vs a lot cause of a jerk on a game forum. That's one example of many. Just recently I learned that being wishy washy is getting me nowhere. In an argument on forums, I have chinks on my armor that I practically emphasize for my opponent to abuse. 

Oh! On another note! I started a blog! I didn't pick a popular site or any of that- it's on the Toonami Faithful site cause the people there are really nice and I familiarized myself with them. It's a very nice community. I also don't know how to make a blog on a legit site or any of that. Meh. But whatever. You gotta start somewhere :)

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

well well well...aye your writing shows improvement...previously mega n all trolled ur shouts n posts for dumbness...right now you're more compact...can call it Pearlday 2.0 XD And yeah, as you are now, it just doesn't fit with teh SM version of yours...lookuh here sis...you just levelled up :D

And 1 yr of school left?!? What was your age when you used SM? My my! How could we pollute a child...*Forgive us lord...we didn't know she was jailbait...pours holy water on self* :P

Well...I had taken a sabbatical from forums for over a year and a half...read my mangas over mangareader...and rest of the time enjoyed life ^^ I had become more active on fb (since becoming much active on batoto...I have literally stopped using FB :P)

Anyway after my long sabbatical, batoto is the first site I join and properly post in...actually had found the site quiet a while earlier...but back then wasn't interested...only when I was reading TOG...I followed the credit page and came here...And ah well...since then have stayed here^^

This place is like a cross between SM and OM...slightly more lenient than OM...stricter than SM...and it's fun after all ^^

BTW...my studies have been going full well...4th sem results came along...so am gonna be in 5th sem in mah uni ^^

@pearl...[yoda mode]much acknowledge it I will, if frequent batoto you do [/yoda mode] ;)

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

well well well...aye your writing shows improvement...previously mega n all trolled ur shouts n posts for dumbness...right now you're more compact...can call it Pearlday 2.0 XD And yeah, as you are now, it just doesn't fit with teh SM version of yours...lookuh here sis...you just levelled up :D

And 1 yr of school left?!? What was your age when you used SM? My my! How could we pollute a child...*Forgive us lord...we didn't know she was jailbait...pours holy water on self* :P

Well...I had taken a sabbatical from forums for over a year and a half...read my mangas over mangareader...and rest of the time enjoyed life ^^ I had become more active on fb (since becoming much active on batoto...I have literally stopped using FB :P)

Anyway after my long sabbatical, batoto is the first site I join and properly post in...actually had found the site quiet a while earlier...but back then wasn't interested...only when I was reading TOG...I followed the credit page and came here...And ah well...since then have stayed here^^

This place is like a cross between SM and OM...slightly more lenient than OM...stricter than SM...and it's fun after all ^^

BTW...my studies have been going full well...4th sem results came along...so am gonna be in 5th sem in mah uni ^^

@pearl...[yoda mode]much acknowledge it I will, if frequent batoto you do [/yoda mode] ;)

Nice and congratz! My sister is currently in uni - going into her third year. I don't know if I should be excited, or scared. Oh well :D

Hmm... What age... I think it was during 8th or 9th grade... Right now I'm 17... I can always just look it up... one second... OneManga closed June/July of 2010. I found SM within a month of it's start- though I didn't sign up immediately. That couldn't have been long after OM closed so... hmm... at least 3 years ago... I was 14. To think a 14 year old girl was exposed to you trollz and your banter. Gotta love the internet. :D

Pearls 2.0 Doesn't sound too bad ^~^

EDIT: Whatcha studying if I may ask?

Edited by pearlday, 17 August 2013 - 02:40 AM.

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

ah well...you will find many friends of your age here XD

And yea...my apologies 4 spoiling ur childhood...here lemme hug you

Spoiler

Wait what? uh oh... :P

btw...I'm doing Integrated Masters in English ^^

btw...try searching for a cooler nickname 4 me...notify me if you succeed...the current one is a no-go...not at all catchy...and anything related with Riddhi sama has gotta be awesome...ain't it? XD

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

ah well...you will find many friends of your age here XD

And yea...my apologies 4 spoiling ur childhood...here lemme hug you

Spoiler

Wait what? uh oh... :P

btw...I'm doing Integrated Masters in English ^^

btw...try searching for a cooler nickname 4 me...notify me if you succeed...the current one is a no-go...not at all catchy...and anything related with Riddhi sama has gotta be awesome...ain't it? XD

*gasp* Pandas are awesome. Duh. Didn't ya ever hear of Pandaman?

Pandaman.jpg

Pandas are awesome. There's even a cool joke associated with 'em! 

A panda walks into a bar. He eats. He shoots the bartender and then leaves. A cop goes to ask him why he did. The panda replies: "Look up Panda in the dictionary. It says; Eats shoots and leaves."

^ Awesome joke + Pandaman + (I don't really care for it, but Ranma 1/2) and... add... you! Panda = awesome. There isn't any other nick out there more worthy for you :3

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

I know pandaman...duh...who doesn't...my SM days weren't in vain >.>

Anyway...I c'd have loved magnapanda in style of kung fu panda...but that title is already taken up by dat scanlation group and site :D

Other than that...well main reasons why I don't support dat name 4 me is 'cos: In India, Panda is actually a surname...and I don't want some surname to be my identity...but duh...the other reason is panda is used to refer to rogue priests in India...actually priests of a specific type...only they mostly turn out to be rogues...so using dat term for myself is a complete no-no

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

I know pandaman...duh...who doesn't...my SM days weren't in vain >.>

Anyway...I c'd have loved magnapanda in style of kung fu panda...but that title is already taken up by dat scanlation group and site :D

Other than that...well main reasons why I don't support dat name 4 me is 'cos: In India, Panda is actually a surname...and I don't want some surname to be my identity...but duh...the other reason is panda is used to refer to rogue priests in India...actually priests of a specific type...only they mostly turn out to be rogues...so using dat term for myself is a complete no-no

Oh. Hmm... I can always just go with Indian man considering and all but that's no fun. Hmm... Hmm... Mark my words, I shall think of something! Can I do the evil laugh again? <Cue music> 

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

Sure sure...btw...I would say why don't you select a single gif and keep it as sig for a day or two and then change...that way we can all check out the amazing gifs you have been using^^ As it currently goes...you're changing sigs every 3-5 minutes...lol

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

It should be with every refresh but for some reason it's delayed on this site. Also, changing it is kind of annoying. This way I have one site and add pics to the cue. Also, I have this sig for several sites and instead of manually going to each I just have that one site. Also, if I go to that one site, I can delete and add pics on a whim. It's not as messy. The more pics I add the less of a chance you'll see as many repeats- vice versa works too. I don't really care about that stuff though. If I see a cool gif then I add it. If one gets too old- like in my case a gif from Pre TS- I delete it. (Unless it's of kid Luffy. Luv him!) It's not as messy ^~^

EDIT: Woah, 28 gifs on the cue. And probably more will be added with the coming episodes. 

Edited by Pearlday, 17 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

Keep up with your kool gif siggies pearl...teh current one is really really nicey...but want soem non-OP siggies thrown in teh mix as well^^

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

Keep up with your kool gif siggies pearl...teh current one is really really nicey...but want soem non-OP siggies thrown in teh mix as well^^

Why thank you. Thank you. Trying pays off in the end :D (BTW, which one were you talking about? It changes too often so I have no clue which one you're referring to lmao)

Hmm... Non OP siggies? :( For a while I had one Major animated gif, and for another short while I had one Shingeki animated gif. As long as the gif is cool, and I saw the series (and LIKE the series A LOT) I'll add one or two of that series. Non anime gifs are a bit.... I don't watch much tv so adding something from the show that for instance your gif is based off of is difficult. Same with other meme based gifs. Hmm... If I come across some great ones from a series I adore, then I will. It's just that I don't look them up like I do OP. Meh.

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

hmmm...If I get a while, I will send a few gifs to you via pm then ^^

btw you could just search with names of some superhit TV series and use the gifs u get ^^

My personal favorite is Dr. Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory ^^

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

hmmm...If I get a while, I will send a few gifs to you via pm then ^^

btw you could just search with names of some superhit TV series and use the gifs u get ^^

My personal favorite is Dr. Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory ^^

Meh. It feels weird having a gif from a tv show I don't care about lmao. Hmm.. Once I catch up to the Shingeki No Kyojin anime I might add some of 'em from there. There are some EPIC gifs from that series. I'm probably going to add some Ippo gifs once the new season airs. I have a lot of animes I'm currently catching up on but I haven't been in the mood to actually continue watching. 

First I need to finish the last few episodes of Spice and Wolf season 2 (which I might not finish cause I'm just so bored already)

Then watch in whichever order: Cowboy Bebop / Yu Yu Hakushow (already saw the first 2 of CB and first 14 of YYH)

When I'm done with that I'm either going to pick up Detective Conan (currently on 200's), or continue a shorter series. 

I need to marathon all these before I start any others. I might, if I really like the show, search for gifs from 'em but idk at this point. 

Tv.... I can always add a gif from America's Got Talent but I'm not at all crazy about the show... Teen Wolf is just confusing... oh! When White Collar's back, maybe then... I don't watch much tv :P

Pearlday

Pearlday

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

BTW @Rhiddi Dipan, I added a few other siggys to my que. This includes a few from Major, Frozen, and... I feel like I'm forgetting one. Oh well.

And I figured a new nick for you! Pandi! (Note: Not panda. This is simply a direct scramble of your dipan :3).

Also would like to note: I'M OFF TO COLLEGE IN A WEEK! 

How's everything on yer end?