Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Recommendations

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

H2Crodon

H2Crodon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
I think we should have a thread in here meant for recommending and giving reviews for man(choose your suffix) and webcomics because I feel that the other board will get bombarded by posts like my Trace post
I'll start with Noblesse
This manwha is the only reason that I am happy that the idea of vampires has re-entered pop culture (goddamn twilight). I'll give it a 9.5/10 easily. My explanation will use japanese terms as it is my third language not korean and I really don't feel like looking the terms up but I'll use them sparingly and the more simplistic ones for new users sake. Well first it is extremely well drawn and the art is definitely aimed at a female audience considering pretty much all of the main characters are bishounen. I can't say much for the main character because that's hard to establish, who it is that is, but all of the characters have quite a bit of detail and thought into them. The main idea of this manwha is old style monsters and humans doing experiments to create superior species. Not too much in the way of a singular plot has emerged in the 150+ chapters that I've read but the subplot and individual character stories are both extra amazing. Even though it is focused towards girls art wise it is clearly focused to guys in the sense of action with scenes that have excited me to the point where I can't even focus on reading. The comedy in this cannot be forgotten either even though it diminishes as the story gets deep I still find that there's at least one giggle per chapter. I will restate that this is somewhere between a shoujo and shounen manwha with deep slightly emotional plot intense action pretty boys and witty comedy.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
bishounen -> pretty boy
shoujo -> girl
shounen -> boy
Translations complete. You can make ur paragraph into full english now. lol

H2Crodon

H2Crodon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

bishounen -> pretty boy
shoujo -> girl
shounen -> boy
Translations complete. You can make ur paragraph into full english now. lol

lol as true as that may be, to give something a genre of 'somewhere between girl and boy' sounds ridiculous. I went back and replaced bishounen as I was posting but it appears that I've missed. When I said looking the terms up I meant from Japanese to Korean though.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
bishounen -> pretty boy -> ggot.mi.nam (That goes really horribly in English alphabets... lol)
shounen -> boy -> so.nyun
shoujo -> girl -> so.nyu (just remove n from above. Guess I could write that as nyau as well).

I put in dots to mark end of syllables.

Now you got korean version too. Tho, I don't think anyone uses the english transliteration for these much.

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
i recommend you try to get a Japanese translate so i can have more of a reason to  to visit you site also keep tranlating good mamwha

Also does anyone know where i can read the manga Rapeman online
...Don't ban me again.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

i recommend you try to get a Japanese translate so i can have more of a reason to  to visit you site also keep tranlating good mamwha

I also have no clue where to get japanese raws. lol Well... I have some clue, but it's a really big hassle. So, a jap translator doesn't help much either.

And keep this site rated pg....

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
Rapeman is a great manga and it has a big following(It has a band named after it and has it own anime).Though i still cant find it anywhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58a0pcI6bYo&has_verified=1
...Don't ban me again.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
If you would recommend disgusting crap like that angryfan, then your recommendations mean nothing to me (except maybe as a list of stuff to avoid) It's no wonder you have trouble finding it.

Nobless is pretty good, which is saying something coming from me, because I don't like vampire stuff much. Though it does avoid much of the more problematic issues with vampires in the first place.

Lock

Lock

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
Yaranaika for the lulz.

If you don't even know THAT,then you're not a true meme fan.

Not that I'm one,anyway...(Well,I'm not a BIG fan but I find those oddly interesting though.)

Uke

Uke

Potato

• tC Donator
  • 103 posts
Definitely have to recommend http://www.mangafox.com/manga/banana_no_nana/ >_>
its like cuuuuute .(and even though everyone has a power... nanas is the power to control bananas XD)
Annarasumanara is another nice one... definitely more serious but very nice!
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/annarasumanara/
Posted Image

mitunya

mitunya

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt.-Petersburg
Nobless +1 (great art, though first chapters it's diffrent, and it changes then around 10th... and great pace, with outregeous battles and nice breaks)

I would also reccomend "The Breaker", nice art, and intresting story...

moist_gorilla

moist_gorilla

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
The thing about the breaker is that there was recently some drama involving the artist because someone asked him for permission to translate his work and post it on the internet. I think right now A-team is the only group scanlating it and also they don't allow online readers. I'm scared that the artist will get really pissed and tells a-team to stop and then nobody gets to read it.

Chunyang

Chunyang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCagayan de Oro City, Philippines
"Definitely have to recommend http://www.mangafox....banana_no_nana/ >_>"
Thanx for giving me an Idea where to read "Gunslinger Girl Comic"... I've been looking for this comic for how many hours.

Gunslinger Girl is a very exiting story.

Chunyang

Chunyang

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCagayan de Oro City, Philippines
Gunslinger Girl is a Japanese Manga. I would like to know if this comic can be added to the site?

Furgeson

Furgeson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGuess.
I'm a kuroshitsuji fan. I'm sorry, yana taboso is god when it comes to drawing hot children though. *is a pedo bear*

Also, lately I've been a bit too obsessed with Lelouch... Code Geass is one of them must-haves. I read lots of the Psychological, but lately it's been Gamble Fish.

Another happy smiley for Noblesse, but I don't suggest anyone read it >.>

mrducking

mrducking

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
for noblesse i will have to say 9.7/10 as for chapter 180, where i am reading right now. if you liked noblesse, i would recommend "Trace", it's a corean webcomic that got printed due to its success.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
This forum was meant to help people ask for comics to read. Not just suggest give random comic suggestions at random people. That's not very helpful.