Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Somemanga Refuge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

vimes123

vimes123

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
Hey everyone, one of the best mangasites, somemanga.com, seems to be down for good.
This thread is for everyone who used to frequent somemanga and the forums there.
I hope it will come online again though, but the admin has hinted that he can't keep it running after
the server contract expires.
Well, batoto seems to be great so I'm looking forward to this anyway. I hope some people will find this thread.

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Welcome to Batoto. Hope you will like it here~ ^^

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Welcome to batoto~ <3

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Welcome!

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Welcome. Have fun.

sig-1.png

Olmond

Olmond

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts
Welcome to Batoto vimes!

vimes123

vimes123

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
Thx for the friendly welcome :)
It kind of sucks when your site just goes down like this. And now I just read that mangastream lost its complete forums too, because of one dickhead admin who deleted all of it.
I feel sorry for these guys, at least somemanga still has hope.

Edited by vimes123, 06 February 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Welcome :)

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

vimes123

vimes123

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
OK, now lets find the shoutbox here fen.
What do you mean, there is no shoutbox?

I just noticed that I haven't written anything about myself in op.
Well, I'm a 25 year old information science student. I only discovered manga and anime 3 years ago and have been an addict since then.
Of course I used One Manga, like everyone else ;-) and after it sadly went down I switched to somemanga.
Like all people who stayed on somemanga too long, the madness there rubbed off on me ;-)
So to not make this tl,dr I won't go into all my favorite manga interests. Only so much: currently I like reading seinen series like 20th century boys.

Oh, and what do these like buttons do?

Edited by vimes123, 07 February 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Nemesis Incorporated

Nemesis Incorporated

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Witty
Geez, thought it was just gonna be another 2 week site down. Though I was more so a lurker on the forums and shout box, this makes me very sad D: Alas there's still hope (I suppose)!

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
welcome to batoto!

currently I like reading seinen series like 20th century boys.

20th century boys is an awesome manga.
maybe you would also like Nanase or ES.

vimes123

vimes123

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

I miss our Home

Spoiler

I know, spend 5 min on that, but better as nothing and my first idea I got after reeading our posts here. Cause almost everyone on Sm is insane, at least a little bit.

Does'nt look bad for 5 minutes work^^ The trollface would probably fit better on top of the house, like a death eater dark mark.

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
Welcome guys!!

Well some of us are on Skype and we can use more people there (group chat function mostly) :). If you're interested just add me (it's on my profile).

Anyways, Batoto is great too!
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

Nemesis Incorporated

Nemesis Incorporated

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Also, I'm very disappointed by the fact that google never cached my manga list (anyone else having this problem), you guys know anyway to get the manga list on your profile??
Thanks for the welcome greetings by the way!

vimes123

vimes123

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

Also, I'm very disappointed by the fact that google never cached my manga list (anyone else having this problem), you guys know anyway to get the manga list on your profile??

I'm sorry if this sounds gleeful, but I saved my manga list locally. I'm pretty confident wutz will make it available again though, for people to save it, but who knows when.

Nemesis Incorporated

Nemesis Incorporated

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I'm sorry if this sounds gleeful, but I saved my manga list locally. I'm pretty confident wutz will make it available again though, for people to save it, but who knows when.

XD such a responsible person! (Thinking about how much the site goes down, i should have probably done that lol) I hope so, even if its for like a day, i've been super dependent on it (the days of me memorizing my list has long gone XD ) Just have to sit and wait I suppose!.

kaze343

kaze343

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Locationbecause f*** you, thats where
well, at least i have two of you guys back. missed you vimes and fenrill

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Hallo vimes, wie geht's ?

Well if everyone is here, I guess I have to register too :-)
RIP somemanga we loved you, wutz could have let us dance party properly before leaving.
So I've seen a foxy, are all the others presidents here too ?

And btw if you like 20th century, have you tried his last serialization Billy bat ? I'm only at the start but you recognize the author of Monster immediatly.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
this is disturbing timing
Spoiler

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
i've had this account for months and i just thought five minutes ago to look at the forums
Spoiler