Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When the manga will end?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Bakuman's end (107 member(s) have cast votes)

When the Bakuman manga will end?

1. After the marriage with Azuki (23 votes [21.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.50%

2. After they 'll win the top slot in Jump(flag series) (7 votes [6.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.54%

3. After the marriage andthe win of Ashirogi against their rivals (65 votes [60.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.75%

4. I don't know (12 votes [11.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
Let's say one thing you all forgot: There are 2 important things to end first until we'll see a fun end of Bakuman : The early wishes (marriage with Azuki and being good mangakas in Jump) and the last wishes ( To win against their rivals) . That means a wedding with Azuki isn't the end of Bakuman . It is the end of their early wishes, the end of their childhood dreams.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I don't see any sense of making such a prediction but the author will probably at least reveal a few things about what happened after the marriage even if it's only a chapter or two. He did the same in death note.
Spoiler

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia
This seems like the kind of manga you can end on a "and so they kept striving for the top against the odds yadda yadda"... If they're on Eiji level, they're practically manga gods anyway XD I think it's perfectly fine to end it a bit after their marriage, as long as the other characters get their closure.

Edited by zetina, 06 February 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Exa

Exa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly
They've said it themselves in the manga right? As long as it's successful, the editors won't let it end :P

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

They've said it themselves in the manga right? As long as it's successful, the editors won't let it end :P

It all depends if the editors decide it has the potential of being successful and a good series while going on for a long time. (such as Elji's crow, the same might not apply to Reversi)

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Let's say one thing you all forgot: There are 2 important things to end first until we'll see a fun end of Bakuman : The early wishes (marriage with Azuki and being good mangakas in Jump) and the last wishes ( To win against their rivals) . That means a wedding with Azuki isn't the end of Bakuman . It is the end of their early wishes, the end of their childhood dreams.

That's all, want more?

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc
i love how this manga give you a glimpse on what really goes on in the mangaka world i assume since he already had a hit with death note he can do what ever he fucking wants (except end the manga)
The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
Bakuman is pretty much another hit being so many times in top 4..

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
At this point, it would be suicidal for the writers to find a screwed up way to prolong or cancel the marriage arc resolution. I'm sure some people will be okay, but the majority of us (myself included) would probably stop reading if that happened.

Which means that there's an extremely high probability that they are going to get married. This means a satisfying closure that will be difficult to follow up to over a long term period. It's still possible to present more obstacles, but with the momentum the main characters now have in the story, they'll topple them easily.

I think it's hypothetically possible for the story to end without properly tying up the Eiji rivalry. The fates of supporting characters like Fukuda-nii-sama, Aoki, etc... will probably be easily resolved. That voice actor who worked with Miho and tried to come on to Moritaka could probably push the story along even farther without detracting from the quality.

All else aside, that marriage business pretty much seals the inevitable conclusion of this story within the next two or three volumes. If it keeps going endlessly until it's no longer popular, the fans will probably just rewrite a fan-canon ending somewhere. I know I will.
The story that has not yet finished...?

kurara

kurara

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
I don't want this series to end.... (T_T).........

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

At this point, it would be suicidal for the writers to find a screwed up way to prolong or cancel the marriage arc resolution. I'm sure some people will be okay, but the majority of us (myself included) would probably stop reading if that happened.

i totally agree that to this point already and the arc turn out they can't marry, i will send some grenades or C4 to the author house.... :lol:

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
Please don't enter an pizza restaurant and demand that they serve you burger. Read the tag of the genres before giving any comments, it says "Slice of Life". That being said, slice of life Manga usually ends with an open ending, plus I don't think the story are already concluded at this point. I believe "Bakuman" is basically centred on creating Manga, romance is only an sub-genre.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

Please don't enter an pizza restaurant and demand that they serve you burger. Read the tag of the genres before giving any comments, it says "Slice of Life". That being said, slice of life Manga usually ends with an open ending, plus I don't think the story are already concluded at this point. I believe "Bakuman" is basically centred on creating Manga, romance is only an sub-genre.

To me, slice of life always ends at a good time, but Baku isn't an ordinary slice of life :/

I don't quite understand your post however... v.v

Edited by °~°, 25 March 2012 - 03:24 AM.

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
@kishuke I wasn't going to continue on this topic but since you don't understand, guess I've to be more blunt on this. Generally all Slice of Life series chooses to have open-endings, it isn't a bad thing and suits the series just fine most of the time. I believe Bakuman is no exception, there is no extraordinary Slice of Life.

About the restaurant thingy, I'm refering to people who don't bother to check the genres of Manga(s) they read and ranted about it in a negative way. I know this is rude but I'll quote afew things I still remember from other threads or forum.

There was someone cursing the author for treating them like kids, saying the plot are too dumb and so on. The said series is Pokemon. Another case is someone complaining about too much comedy and demand they skip the "lame jokes" and bring in more actions. This series was tagged "Comedy". And viewing an Shoujo Manga but complains that it is "too shoujo"...

Just stating afew here, I don't want to flame anyone, only trying to get my point across. What I wanted to say is, at least look at the genres before you begin reading, and keep that in mind when giving any comments.

Auwx

Auwx

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFrance
Well it's not like in slice of life you automatically think "open ending". I do agree that some people complain uselessly, but some just prefer an ending over another even if they loved the whole manga before that. Well in this case, the manga will obviously end rather soon as, unless the author decides to be a bitch, the marriage will take place, reversi will surpass Eichi's manga and then there's nothing left. So it is a rather close ending (is that how you say is ?), and one that's perfectly suited. I mean I would have hated it if the author had stopped like just before the results of the audition and made a chapter showing all of what they did on their way towards their dream.

Grindy

Grindy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

@kishuke I wasn't going to continue on this topic but since you don't understand, guess I've to be more blunt on this. Generally all Slice of Life series chooses to have open-endings, it isn't a bad thing and suits the series just fine most of the time. I believe Bakuman is no exception, there is no extraordinary Slice of Life.

About the restaurant thingy, I'm refering to people who don't bother to check the genres of Manga(s) they read and ranted about it in a negative way. I know this is rude but I'll quote afew things I still remember from other threads or forum.

There was someone cursing the author for treating them like kids, saying the plot are too dumb and so on. The said series is Pokemon. Another case is someone complaining about too much comedy and demand they skip the "lame jokes" and bring in more actions. This series was tagged "Comedy". And viewing an Shoujo Manga but complains that it is "too shoujo"...

Just stating afew here, I don't want to flame anyone, only trying to get my point across. What I wanted to say is, at least look at the genres before you begin reading, and keep that in mind when giving any comments.

The tags also say school life and the manga hasn't really ever been set in a school.

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
Well...to say this bluntly, this story is centred on Slice of Life. How do you expect a closed ending when it's a "slice' of the life? lol

@Grindy Not all genres labeled are the main genre, Bakuman started off in a school setting and things associated with "school" were brought up every now and then.

Sorry but I really have no wish to post on this thread any further...=.=

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Well...to say this bluntly, this story is centred on Slice of Life. How do you expect a closed ending when it's a "slice' of the life? lol

lol?

Is that not possible for any reason? GTO, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, and Ichigo 100% are some that ended pretty conclusively.

Although it's labeled slife of life under baka-updates, I still wonder if it's fit under that label. A slice of life piece of work usually regards the mundane things of everyday life without a coherent plot thus no conflict, denouement, or conclusive ending. But Bakuman and many other series under that label don't have the characteristics in mind I think....

Edited by Saphsin, 04 April 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
Not too sure how I can add to the above... Only thing I can say is that it's a shame to start a discussion or something with arguments and then sorta just leave.....
But the manga shouldn't end directly after the marriage. I'm hoping for the marriage to happen and for nothing to happen bad to them, but who knows...
And if the artist/author want it to end it soon, so be it... It's the editor's job to support the author/artist ^.^ Not just about profits IMO x)

IM or it's for naught

wintercry

wintercry

Potato

• Contributor
  • 169 posts
Volume 18 of the manga is coming out in May and 19 in June (consecutive releases). That implies it'll likely end in Volume 20, which is probably around Ch.178 to Ch.180, at most Ch.182. Plus, next week's double issue (Jump #21-22) features a color page; Mashiro proposing to Azuki.

Edited by wintercry, 12 April 2012 - 07:19 AM.