Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ubel Blatt-The Greatest Fusion Fantasy(joke) with fan service ;D

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
I just wanted to start a thread on Ubel Blatt, because I am very entertained by this story. Possible spoiler: Its too bad the protagonist is so hellbent on revenge that he is effectively a static character, with the only dynamic being the tools/people he acquires on his journey Does the fan service ruin it for you? Or is the story possibly too contrived or pulp fantasy-ish? I highly recommend the read even if the protagonist looks like a 10 year old elf sex fiend.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
I love Ubel Blatt it has what ID doesn't  (Sex) and it is so cool. ;D
Is it ever going to be continued?
...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
I like UB too, I mean, the sex scenes aren't very detailed and the author doesn't over use them.  It gives an air of realism to it.  Plus I like the rest of the story too much to mind.
Posted Image

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts

I love Ubel Blatt it has what ID doesn't  (Sex) and it is so cool. ;D
Is it ever going to be continued?

I don't know.. I hope so, considering the story is only about halfway finished.
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
i hate how they left the story ubel or whatever his name was, reviving on that branch

...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
Nothing we can do, the author chose to take a break.  Its a good cliffhanger, he'll be able to retain more readers for when he returns.
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
But i love that attack when he uses the four blades that is what hooked me in the manga first
...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
I was a bit worried when I first saw it, it seemed out of place and OP.  I'm just glad he has the inherent weakness and now that its grown (defeated/dead?) he can now grow more and develop into a better character.  =^)

Just sad that its on hiatus.  Anyone got any new info saying otherwise?
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
no i dont know when it is going to be continued but how long has it bee on hiatus
...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
The last scanlation was in June (11th I believe).  Although I think the hiatus started a few months before that.  I surfed around a bit and I don't think there's any new information.  He is doing a few series atm, none of which I find nearly as interesting.
Posted Image

Angryfan1

Angryfan1

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts
This was better than berserker because none of the main character get violently rape, just betrayed.
If anyone told me all the main characters in Berserker gets rape i would not have read it

...Don't ban me again.

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA
I gave up on Berserker when the Persian army came and he got that powerful armor.  I just kinda imagined my own ending and called it finished.  Some series go on for way too long.  I miss UB though, at least in that the sex is consensual (as far as I can remember).
Posted Image

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

This was better than berserker because none of the main character get violently rape, just betrayed.
If anyone told me all the main characters in Berserker gets rape i would not have read it

Okay... berserk just went off my wish list... I dislike rape stuff.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts

I gave up on Berserker when the Persian army came and he got that powerful armor.  I just kinda imagined my own ending and called it finished.  Some series go on for way too long.  I miss UB though, at least in that the sex is consensual (as far as I can remember).

Yeah, it was all consensual. Apparently the hot young elf stud (who happens to have the body of a ten year old), is on the menu for the women of the Ubel Blatt universe.
Posted Image

Nuralataion

Nuralataion

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUSA

Yeah, it was all consensual. Apparently the hot young elf stud (who happens to have the body of a ten year old), is on the menu for the women of the Ubel Blatt universe.

Maybe he makes up for his stature size in other areas?  ;)
Posted Image

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts

Maybe he makes up for his stature size in other areas?  ;)

My bad, let me add another modifier: hot, young, tripod, elf, stud. Considering most of his encounters were first times for the women I'm surprised they could still walk afterwards enjoyed it so much.
Posted Image

mitunya

mitunya

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt.-Petersburg
UB is really great, with cool characters and nice art. Also I liked that there is a thin boundary between good and evil their... I mean it's obvious that that "7 heroes" are jerks and stuff, but the blond guy (son of the king) was kinda good except for his betrayal. He also was a worthy adversary (maybe not physically, but at least he was smart and harrismatic).

And the way how this new blatt master is good, but is used sucks, but he is beginning to understand who is on the good side...

And Koinzell is training hard now so that he can beat that guy!

I just wish the author will continue the story...

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
Another chapter just came out recently and the last page announced the continuation of the series later this year.

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

ColPowell

ColPowell

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHell

Edited by ColPowell, 20 November 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Egads! Rape in medieval setting? The horror and dismay!

Seriously, that stuff is normal if we take into consideration the time and culture of the universe.

Ubel Blatt has stuff like those mind controlled girls and pleasure slaves. I'm pretty sure that's "horrific".
I don't see how rape in a setting where rape was abundant is bad.

Could you imagine a manga about war where nobody dies?

Just like Berserk, this story takes place in a corrupt world where bad stuff happens.

I enjoy the plot for it's originality and in a sense, it's realism. The character has been betrayed and learned that the betrayers have gained fame and that the real heroes' names have been tarnished. It's enjoyable because a real person wouldn't have developed very quickly. People tend to change very slowly. While the protagonist has remained mainly static, he questions his motives and goals and has shown very small amounts of character development. If we're being realistic, any major character development would take years (e.g in-story years or time skips). He went through a trauma and that takes a lot of time to heal from.

2z50p6t.png