Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Pax Empyrean

Pax Empyrean

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
Issei's parents are hilarious. :)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

so i just got down reading the first and second volume of the novel(i know i eat books :/ cant help it i love literature) and that blew my mind thank you saphsin

Yeah hopefully the 10 volumes would be translated quickly. =]

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
i'm flipping out cuz i wanna read the ending of vol 3

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
yeah I'm not sure why the staff don't translate the stuff in order..... btw do you mind if I have use that gif?

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

yeah I'm not sure why the staff don't translate the stuff in order..... btw do you mind if I have use that gif?

yea...and go right ahead :D

large.jpg

Kazeshini581

Kazeshini581

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

If you want to find out.......read the light novel. Thus I have no part in this discussion. T.T

challenge accepted

Currently on Volume 3 and loving the story...are all the volumes translated?
Posted Image

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind

If you want to find out.......read the light novel. Thus I have no part in this discussion. T.T

challenge accepted

Currently on Volume 3 and loving the story...are all the volumes translated?

no not yet :(

large.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
It's around 1 chapter translated a week these days....

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
you know after reading the novel i look more at the art work and try to compare what i thought and what i see even though thing completely depends on how you prescive it when you read i think its nice to see how the artist wanted you to see it

large.jpg

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

you know after reading the novel i look more at the art work and try to compare what i thought and what i see even though thing completely depends on how you prescive it when you read i think its nice to see how the artist wanted you to see it

I personally feel the light novel has the best art work, and the anime comes second since it's more similar to light novel's original designs than the manga. As for depth, light novel wins by default and the manga probably comes second in that department since it can cover more details than the anime at times. I do feel the anime does a better job than the manga at showing some of the scenes & visually bringing the characters to life. For example, I really got this perverted vibe from Issei in the anime, exactly as I had imagined in the light novel, than what I read in the manga.

Edited by greensoulreaper, 06 March 2012 - 03:09 AM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Personally, I think that the anime is kind of bad.... it's really all fanservice rather than story.

http://en.accessup.org/anime/search.asp?key=highschool+dxd&guid=ON&lang=e&submit=Search+DB&frame=1&lang=e&kind=works&sub_kind=temp&hp=&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fen.accessup.org%2Fanime%2Fe_manga_best.html

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
The thing I didn't like about the anime was the pacing. Some scenes were somewhat rushed, and didn't feel the same as what was portrayed in the light novel, and the last two episodes had parts from future volumes of the story...and the bad thing about that is that they had to cut & change a lot to stay consistent with the upcoming arc in the anime.

Fanservice doesn't bother me for High School DxD's anime adaptation. The way I see it, it works well since fanservice is just as abundant in the light novel. Boobs is all part of the original plot anyways. XD

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
The anime seems to follow the manga pretty closely, though it's no surprise many things are cut short since apparently there will be only 12 episodes.
Knowing how these things usually end, all the good action will be crammed into the last two episodes, which almost never ends well. High likelihood of open ending for a possible season 2 depending on disc sales of S1. (Wishful thinking) I only hope they eventually show Issei and Rias picking up where they left off before Grayfia's peerless and masterfully timed cockblock. A supreme textbook example if there ever was one.

Also, I mentally read "Raiser Phoenix" as "Riser Phallix" cuz he's kind of a dick.

Pax Empyrean

Pax Empyrean

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts

Also, I mentally read "Raiser Phoenix" as "Riser Phallix" cuz he's kind of a dick.

Now I won't be able to read it properly either. :)

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia
can't wait to see Rias' other bishop only more comedy can happen after that XD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
It was kind of a depressing chapter, I'm looking forward to him crashing the party next chapter even more because of it though.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

hmmmm, well, I guess now we know what direction the next story arc is going to go in...........

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Great new chapter, looks like we're just about neck and neck with the new anime in the story.

Tn7HA0h.png

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

Hehe Nice touch, rias being jelous of akeno. ;)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

well that sucked........both of those girls have such bad personalities I'd have liked to seen them both get whipped. Oh well, maybe next time.  

Tn7HA0h.png