Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

From Mangafox to Batoto

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Reize

Reize

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
I've been using Mangafox for a year now with a registered account and liked its features.
However, sometimes I would see scanlators putting in their manga, hatred for mangafox and other manga hosting sites. I didn't pay heed to it, until recently, when my curiosity was piqued while reading Highschool DXD. In my curiosity, I searched for the said issue, and found out that Mangafox, as well as the company holder of the website, is a leecher to the scanlation community, earning revenues while disrespecting the wishes of the the scanlators.

I've got quite a lot of manga bookmarked in Mangafox using their bookmark system, so it would take some time for me to adjust, but I hope to get along well with everyone and enjoy my experience here at batoto :)

Dice Warwick

Dice Warwick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
same here, but I don't use their bookmark sistem, I just bookmark from my computer XP. But for the most part, I was ignorant to what was going on, being dislexic, I did not read much of the textwall's, but the huge watermark telling me to go to Batoto.com on Highschool DXD did get my attention. I gess sometimes you have to stand in the way of the masses to get them to read your warning, or they will walk on by.

as for the manga's I'm currently fallowing, it sould be easy for me to chang my bookmarks to Batoto. Also it looks like there are no vidio adds on this websight, so I may not even give mangafox a second thougt.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Also it looks like there are no vidio adds on this websight, so I may not even give mangafox a second thougt.

Well, hate to drive fans away, but we do actually have video ads. The difference however is that none of the videos will auto play sound or expand. You could, however, press the play button should you choose to. :D

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Maybe try using mangaupdates, imo its better since it has lists ^^

Welcome to batoto =D Feel free to enjoy yourselves and stick around~

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
Welcome to Batoto!

I'm glad you've seen the light! :).
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

Dice Warwick

Dice Warwick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Also it looks like there are no vidio adds on this websight, so I may not even give mangafox a second thougt.

Well, hate to drive fans away, but we do actually have video ads. The difference however is that none of the videos will auto play sound or expand. You could, however, press the play button should you choose to. :D

well thats good enough for me, on Mangafox I would at times have to deal with ten strait pages of two vido-adds playing at the same time with the volum blasting. makes it hard to enjoy the comics ya-know.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Hello Reize, Welcome to batoto!

Have fun here and hope to see you here more often! :D

||ada-swan||

Reize

Reize

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
@Dice: If you must know, I've got 46 mangas bookmarked right now, around 7-10 finished/completed. xD So It's hard to just bookmark it(the page I left off) with my computer. orz

About the video ads, I have an ad block extension for my Chrome, so no biggie :P

@Grumpy: Ah, thank you for the information :)

@murasakii: Thank you for the suggestion and welcome!

@Equiliz: Thanks :)

@Ada: Thank you!
I like Sena, btw~

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

I like Sena, btw~

Saying that makes me like you naw :3
Sena FTW.

Reize

Reize

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I like Sena, btw~

Saying that makes me like you naw :3
Sena FTW.

aww~
I hope there comes a second season of Sukunai... I really hope for Sena to become the main heroine. :)

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts

aww~
I hope there comes a second season of Sukunai... I really hope for Sena to become the main heroine. :)

You're not the only one there. I see more chemistry with Sena and Kodaka than with Yozora :[ no grudge with her though
However looks like things are siding with yozora in the LN. but I really do hope not.
Well, there is another version of sukunai manga pertaining to "sena's route" it is. You'll sure love it.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
welcome to batoto.
what manga do you like reading?

Reize

Reize

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

aww~

You're not the only one there. I see more chemistry with Sena and Kodaka than with Yozora :[ no grudge with her though
However looks like things are siding with yozora in the LN. but I really do hope not.
Well, there is another version of sukunai manga pertaining to "sena's route" it is. You'll sure love it.

Where do you get your Light Novel?
I'm fed up with the childhood friends thing with most manga, it's like there's an 80% chance of the protag having the childhood friend as end girl... :(

Really? What's the title? :)

welcome to batoto.
what manga do you like reading?

Thanks!

I like a lot of genre in mangas, namely Action, Romance, Ecchi, Fantasy, School Life(but probably right now, I'd like less of it since I already have a lot in my watchlist with this genre), Martial Arts, Adventure, Shounen, Comedy, etc. Shoujo, Mystery, Sci-Fi.

• Guests
Hello Reize!
Welcome and have fun while you're here! ;)

I hope we can be friends in the near future =D

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Welcome. You're not alone.

sig-1.png

Reize

Reize

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Hello Reize!
Welcome and have fun while you're here! ;)

I hope we can be friends in the near future =D

Thank you!
I'm looking forward to it :)

Welcome. You're not alone.

Thanks! Glad to know I'm not :)

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Welcome :)

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

POMF=3

POMF=3

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • LocationInfancy
Welcome

I'm pleased to meet you?

I hope they understand that I really understand that they don't understand

Oh Sky.

Spoiler

Guest_Jabberwocky_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Jabberwocky_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Welcome

I'm pleased to meet you?

Thank you, buddy.

Yes, you are.

BTW, welcome YOU, Reize.

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Welcome to Batoto. I sure you'll adjust well here.