Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Need some help for another manga

EVERYTHING

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
I would really appriciate it if someone would recommend any manga to me. So long that it isn't Shoujo, Shoujo Ai, Shonen Ai, Yuri, Yaoi, Genderbender and Josei. Also, it'd be nice for it to have a little action here and there. Thanks.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
That leaves Seinen and Shounen manga. Do you want a long or a short one? With or without comedy? Long or short chapters? Completed or is it fine if it's ongoing?

For comedy, I'd recommend Sket Dance off the top of my head.

Edited by Katsuri, 24 January 2012 - 09:05 PM.

sig-1.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
B Gata H Kei.

UIqflpq.jpg

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Record of Fallen Vampire (Link in my sig)
because it's awesome that way.
Kekkaishi would be a pretty nice read as well, though long.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
Vinland Saga.
Ubel Blatt.
Homonculus. <-- Reading this one right now, amazing. Might seem a bit different than most manga. Oh, and contains inappropriate content for children.

Record of Fallen Vampire (Link in my sig)
because it's awesome that way.
Kekkaishi would be a pretty nice read as well, though long.

That's a tearjerker.

KilluaX90

KilluaX90

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Well, you should have given some more details about your preferences so everyone can help you better.

For shounen, I recommend Ghost sweeper Mikami for some good combination of comedy and action (mostly comedy at first, though). And it is completed so you can marathon it if you want :D
http://www.batoto.ne...er-mikami-r2194

And for seinen, Hoshi no Samidare for great character growth and good combination of comedy, action, drama... (also completed). The setting is kinda cliche at first so you shouldn't judge it by the first 2 volumes.
http://www.batoto.ne...o-samidare-r222

And if you're over 18 and fine with gore and nudity, Eden: It's an Endless World! is a good manga that I want to recommend to everyone, also completed. The plot can be confusing at times, though.
http://www.batoto.ne...ess-world-r2720

Edited by KilluaX90, 25 January 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Pandora Hearts :D forever my one and only rec xD Its fantasy mystery with a mindfucking plot (the best one Ive ever seen xD)

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
Let's see: I've definitely read Pandora Hearts. I've also read Record of Fallen Vampire and Ubel Blatt. I've tried reading B Gata H Kei, Sket Dance, Homunculus, Ghost Sweeper Mikami and Kekkaishi before, but those didn't really interest me that much. (Picky, I know.) But Hoshi no Samidare isn't bad. I'm okay with gore and nudity, just so long that those aren't too excesive (like when the author feels the need to flash someone's breasts every chapter.) As of now, I'm reading Hoshi no Samidare and Liar Game. Keep 'em, coming.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
how about Gwisin Byeolgok

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
I just finished reading Gwisin Byeolgok. It's nice, but I hope they'll have a better update schedule.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Do you have a MyAnimeList or any such thing we can use to know what you've read already?

sig-1.png

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
Pretty much any project from easygoing scans.

Ryuuroden
Magi
Rave Master
Holy Land
Crows

Edited by Fababs, 25 January 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

Do you have a MyAnimeList or any such thing we can use to know what you've read already?

Well, all I can tell you is that I've read or tried to read most of the big names out there. I've read 400+ series. It'd take forever for me to list them all. I would if I could. But if you like, I could try to list some of them.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
oh right, how about Immortal Regis / Cavalier of the Abyss (Cavalier = Sequel of Immortal Regis)
Crimson Shell (Same author as Pandora Hearts)
Tena on S String, Seishun Forget!, Esprit, Saki, Kuroko no Basket, Hekikai no AiON, Area no Kishi, Eyeshield 21, Sekirei, Maga Tsuki, Gan Kon, Ratman, Oz, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shiruba Sugiru, Shinshi na Meets Girl, Btooom!, High-school DxD, DCD, Cherry x Cherry.

Got lazy and just decided to throw out a few names that are either on my computer currently or that I remember offhand that are decent and seems to be shounen or seinen. Likely that you've read many of them but at least it does take off many manga for consideration.

edit: removed Mayo Chiki since I just remembered it has a little gender bender.

Edited by soranokira, 26 January 2012 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

oh right, how about Immortal Regis / Cavalier of the Abyss (Cavalier = Sequel of Immortal Regis)
Crimson Shell (Same author as Pandora Hearts)
Tena on S String, Seishun Forget!, Esprit, Saki, Kuroko no Basket, Hekikai no AiON, Area no Kishi, Eyeshield 21, Sekirei, Maga Tsuki, Gan Kon, Ratman, Oz, Sword Art Online, Accel World, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shiruba Sugiru, Shinshi na Meets Girl, Btooom!, High-school DxD, DCD, Cherry x Cherry.

Got lazy and just decided to throw out a few names that are either on my computer currently or that I remember offhand that are decent and seems to be shounen or seinen. Likely that you've read many of them but at least it does take off many manga for consideration.

edit: removed Mayo Chiki since I just remembered it has a little gender bender.

I've read IR and CotA, Crimson Shell, Gan Kon, Maga Tsuki, Sword Art Online, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shiruba Sugiru, Btooom!, High-school DxD, and DCD. I've tried reading, but became uninterested in: Espirit, Kuroko no Basket, AiON, Eyeshield, Sekirei, Accel World, Cherry x Cherry. I couldn't find Oz or Shinshi na Meets Girl. I'm reading Ratman. Sorry if I seem a little picky.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
wow you really ran through all those titles =P
OZ here: http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/oz-r95

Shinshi na Meets Girl Descrip: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=56796
DL: http://dametranslations.fakku.net/?p=723
(Can't read on batoto due to lolicon nature, and I can't be bothered to link to other sites.)
Posted Image

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia
Officially reading Oz. Shinshi na Meets Girl seems a little too Loli for me. But I like Oz so far. I expect to be finished with the chapters so far in the next 30 min.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Vinland Saga, Historie, Parasyte, anything by Boichi n.n

Those are more seinen/seinen horror ones

Chuck in Kamidama Dolls and Hoshi no Furu Machi (not horror)

Edited by murasakii, 27 January 2012 - 01:30 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Gosick and Kamisama no memo-chou.

and I think that was Kamisama Dolls* not Kamidama ;o

well, shinshi na meets girl is just for amusement's sake I guess, I got laughs outta it.
and Strings Doll
Posted Image

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Hmmm.

How about:

Akuma Jiten
Black Cat
Love in Hell ** you might not like this one as it uses gore a lot as a means of sort of dark comedy, kind of like Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, but it's got a lot of laughs in it if you're willing to try**
MAR (Marchen Awakens Romance)
Magico
Watashi no Messiah-sama

Hmm those are the only ones that cross my mind. A few others have, but they are pretty old and not sure they are on Batoto or even findable these days.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]