Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who has read the most manga,mawha, comic

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
Who is the ultimate superfan and why?

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts
why?

upQffwT.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Is your question about who read the most manga or who's the biggest fan......
I read near 180 mangas and manhwas (complete, ongoing, and unfinished), there are some here who probably read up to near 1000.

Edited by Saphsin, 21 January 2012 - 03:40 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky
I don't even want to win this competition, it says sad things about the winner's life... ditto Saphsin, my follow list is huge, but nowhere near that of my crazier friends.
Now if you're talking superfans, that's a different story altogether.
"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
I doubt I'm the biggest fan but here is my MAL stats for manga?

Time (Days) 61.7

Reading 151

Completed 675

On Hold 0

Dropped 8

Plan to Read 157

Total Entries 991

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
what is MAL?

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
My anime List :3

I don't see any good thing in knowing/asking who has the most number of manga read or something.
Well I don't read a lot. i'm just average I guess?

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

My anime List :3
I don't see any good thing in knowing/asking who has the most number of manga read or something.
Well I don't read a lot. i'm just average I guess?

thanks, I wanted to ask you for a long time, from where is your avatar?

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.
lol. you should ask me back then.
It's from Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai anime/manga.
Her name is Sena Kashiwasaki :>

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
My myanimelist shows 325 completed manga titles. There's also some stuff I'm currently reading...though I can't imagine this comes anywhere close to what the real nuts have read.

UIqflpq.jpg

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
I've been reading approximately 2 new series a week for about 11 years. As a child, I quickly read every single manga in my library and book store.
I went online and while OneManga was still hosting chapters, I read just about every single release posted.

I don't use any trackers, simply because I started reading when I was 7 and did not know what they were. In fact, they probably didn't exist 11 years ago. By the time I found out about manga trackers, I'd already read too many manga to remember all of them. I also hated tediously going to said manga tracker to update information when I could have been reading more.

If it weren't for me playing around a lot (irl) and playing a ton of videogames, I'd have probably read every manga on Batoto by now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is one down side to reading so many manga. After a while, all the plots and characters sort of mesh together in your brain. For instance, if I wanted to remember an older manga I read, I'd have too look at a few pages before I could remember the whole plot. Heck, some manga I've completely read I can't remember anything about because they barely stood out compared to others.
I bet in a year, after EXEcutional ends, I won't even remember what it was unless I re-read chapter 1.

EDIT: It's especially hard to remember manga when you read them while half awake. I read a ton of manga while half awake. I do this because often I don't have enough time to read manga during the day. I'm doing other stuff, so I simply read as I go to sleep.

DOUBLE EDIT: I actually know people who've read even more than me. It's pretty crazy. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not saying I've read the most. I'm just giving an idea of how much an enthusiast might read.

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 22 January 2012 - 07:50 AM.

2z50p6t.png

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall
I just average reader. but i will continue read manga till death do us apart. hope i don't die early

In case you feel offended by me, please forgive me. I just have a bad sense of humor. Heh...

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles
@Thunder Wolf: the second part of your post describes me. I started reading manga when I was 16 though, but it was the activity I gave most of my time to.

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
1670+ and counting Manga

I stopped doing the MyAnimeList due to too much titles needed to be put up, and after putting up I would have to update them all to the most current list...

I have a List in OpenOffice, used to use MS Word and upload it as HTML file, but OpenOffice HTML file sucks and it's all messed up (the Tabs and format can't be transfered through OpenOffice's HTML... MS Word could do it..., so I decided not to... but if you really want... here:

http://amlg.webs.com/ML005.html

BTW, I also watched over 380+ Anime and 50+ Drama.

Also, Yes, the manga on my List are all either I finished reading or is still reading, and 99% of them are all Scanlated.
I rarely read RAWS.

BTW... is it just me... or did some functions just reseted yesterday?
Like "My Content" that shows the threads I posted in... is now gone, erased...

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 24 January 2012 - 10:41 PM.

21j9mie.jpg

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

1670+ and counting Manga

I doubt I'm the biggest fan but here is my MAL stats for manga?
Completed 675

are these numbers with oneshots or without oneshots?

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
They're by series.
Which some series are only published as OneShots and never "serialized" due to low popularity when debuted as One Shot (unless it's a collaboration of multiple authors - than that counts as 1 series)
Series that have OneShots and is serialized counts as 1 series.

You may noticed that the "Numbered" on my List goes up to 1630.
But I am just estimating, I am not sure exactly how much I've read.

Because I did not add in the ones that I am reading right now to the Total List. (it may be more or less than 1670)

But I am pretty sure there's at least 20+ new series titles that I did not update into the Total (numbered) List.

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 26 January 2012 - 03:48 AM.

21j9mie.jpg

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
^Surprised he actually keeps a list at that point.

I never put in the energy to be that concise regarding how many I read. I'd be willing to bet I'm somewhat close to animagic's, though. Probably behind by a little bit, though.

2z50p6t.png

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
I used to do 3 separate updates ( as backups incase something goes wrong, but now I only do 1 )
Used to have one in Word Doc, one in FireFox Bookmark folders, and another one as empty folders on computer.

Tho some of those folders contains some volumes or chapters that I actually downloads.

But that was a while back before my previous comp crashed and wasn't able to be retrived, however I had placed my Word Doc in my portable Hard Drive (thus saving the list - and at that time I was still using MS Word, so I had copies online)

I attempted to do MyAnimeList a year ago... but I didn't have enough time (as I said previously).
So now... I am going to try turning the List into Pictures and upload it up as picture files (list will be long, but I'll do it in multiple pictures while stitching some together so there won't be a whole bunch of separate pictures, LOL)

I would have actually read more (would be more than 2000+ by now) but I actually do had School back then, and now I have work.
Used to work at Walgreens... LOL (because I was on Min Wage, they gave me a whole bunch of hours to reduce cost from paying higher wage employees...) thus lowering my personal hobby time, including reading manga, watching anime, and gaming (I am still doing this, I don't just read manga only)

Now I am helping my father's restaurant/ bar, we work from 9AM to 7PM (used to be 7AM to 8PM, but we reduced employees hours due to cost....)
Thus meaning I used to work 12+ hours a day.
I am still behind on my anime watching... D;

___ ___ ___ ___ ___
BTW...
Batoto's "My Content" function still isn't working... it's not showing any of the previous threads that I posted it in....

Also, in my list... you'll notice that it contains very little Yuri, Yaoi, Shounen Ai, Shoujo Ai, because I rarely read those (except for some Shoujo Ai if it's really good)
Now... I am thinking if I should add in "Doujin" into my list... because they're fanmades...
Also the reason why I don't really add in "Webtoons" because they're also classified as Doujins.

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 26 January 2012 - 09:33 PM.

21j9mie.jpg

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
My list includes a few Yuri, (Kannazuki no Miko, Girl Meets Girl, and a few more). It's not my normal read, but I decided I might as well.
I bet some of us have read far past 5,000 doujin, so I don't think we should add those in.

I also had the school + work problem. I worked at a Library, then a University, then an IT service management school. Not a lot of free time. You gotta read fast to get through all the doujin. Either that, or take a few all nighters reading manga.

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 27 January 2012 - 03:29 AM.

2z50p6t.png

Alles

Alles

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia
Here's my MAL Stats

Time (Days) 132.5

Reading 249

Completed 1171

On Hold 20

Dropped 41

Plan to Read 20

Total Entries 1501

Posted Image

The Empress

Fujoshi.Weird.Eccentric.Moody.Sadist.Masochist.