Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A story from your country

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
Food from your country is a story from your country :).

It's called "stoofvlees" here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonade_flamande
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

Xbox User

Xbox User

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationXbox Dashboard
My country was split into two parts then was united under the tyrannical rule that is communism. My family escaped the day before Saigon fell. But its not all bad. We still got awesome food like eggrolls and pho (pronounced fah). Vietnam for the win!

Edited by Xbox User, 22 January 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Please enjoy the show!

Autumn

Autumn

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationBelgium
Okay… France.

Long history. Lots of dynasties and wars with the neighbors… until paf! French Revolution in 1789. Louis XVI is guillotined. (That’s what happens when escape plan fails) Suddenly it becomes a republic. Terror: “everyone” gets their head cut. It calms a bit, then comes Napoleon. Fights wars, writes laws, is imprisoned in Elba, makes a 100days comeback to finally lose in Waterloo. Then restauration, which doesn’t work out. From then on, republics. Yes, with a s. WWI. WWII. Joining of the group which would later become the EU (forgot the name). Algeria war. May 68. Etc.

Will do Germany later.

Edited by Autumn, 22 January 2012 - 09:30 AM.

*Ninja'd since... 2011*

Also... can't seem to do calculations properly

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone" (Paul Verlaine)

-> if you're bored and don't know french, you can always try to (google-)TL this^^

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
We have cuddly koalas and poisonous brown snake n.n

POMF=3

POMF=3

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 748 posts
  • LocationInfancy
this is satisfying.

I hope they understand that I really understand that they don't understand

Oh Sky.

Spoiler

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
We have some crazy shizzle about stealing a tree :)
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts

We have some crazy shizzle about stealing a tree :)

shaaare~

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
bbbbuuump!

http://yeinjee.com/2011/china-virgin-eggs-cooked-boys-urine/

at the back of my mind, i think i wanna try that :/

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

LittleMelon18

LittleMelon18

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 266 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Our entire history can be summed up with the Treaty of Waitangi.

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/category/tid/133

Waitangi day is coming tomorrow Monday 6th Feb...^^ It was signed then.

Guest_Mad Hatter_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Mad Hatter_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests
Portugueses... DEM PORTUGUESES.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
A man went along the way then fell down in a constraction hole then he died

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
Despite our country being part of Asia, calling us asian (ethnicity-wise, not geography-wise) would be a bit inaccurate. Technically speaking, we're Pacific Islanders with a mixture of East Asian, Hispanic and Western (mostly American) cultures. I think we're more closely related to Hawaiians than East Asians (though there's certainly a fair amount of their blood running through our veins.)

Spanish occupation of our country is common knowledge, but we were also once this close to being a colony of both Britain and Germany. There was actually a brief period in the 1700's when the Brits occupied our capital.

We have the rather embarrassing achievement of killing the man credited for being the first to circumnavigate the world.

We have a slightly denser concentration of the world's scum in here compared to other countries. (Or maybe I just watch too much news.)

But what this country lack in its people, it more than makes up for its natural beauty. Seriously, if get past the scorching heat, the Philippines is really a sight to behold.

Well, that's all the trivia I got atm. You've already had more than enough from Katzen and Ada anyway.

Oh, and Thread Necromancy FTW.

Miyama

Miyama

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationlukedonia
I love my country and it's rich history too! Greece is a beautiful country and has a long past.
Our ancestors were so great that we find it difficult to surpass them or even be as good as them.

At the beginning (BC), Greece was an assemblage of smaller cities-countries (like Athens, Sparta, Korinthos etc). They would always have wars against each other but they managed to unite whenever an enemy would appear to threaten them. A lot of great philosophers, scientists, politicians, artists lived then and formed their theories/philosophies (of course they had their slaves to do the every day chores so they could calmly just focus on their studies).

Then a macedonian king named Philippos wanted to unite all the greek tribes and form Greece. He started working on his dream and he made it come true along with his son Alexander (the great). Alexander the great went a little further and wanted to conquer other countries too. At the end he reached India. Then he died at 32.

At 146 BC we were conquered by the Romans and became part of the Roman Empire. The Empire was divided to west and east and then the Byzantine Empire (East) was formed. At 1453 AD the capital (Contantinople/Istanbul) fell to the Turkish and soon all of Greece followed. For 400 years we were under the Turkish domination and at 1821 AD the Greek revolution started. There after our history kind of follows the rest of the worlds (with the World Wars and a dictatorship which we overcame).

I hope that we will overcome the economic crisis we are now facing too! Sorry for the long entry (I didn't want to ommit any of these)

85vt.png

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
lets see ... this character is well known by all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

Hinanawi Tenshi

Hinanawi Tenshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBatoto

The quick summary that I heard from.... about our countryヽ(´ー`)┌

We live in igloos, ride polar bears, and say "eh" alot.

Oh ya, we like maple syrup.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle
We have a caste system which is epicly stupid as weil as some issues with pakistan, also epicly stupid. and corruption. lets not forget corruption^^
oh and there are monkeys on the roads! and i remember an elephant walking down my street when i was younger ;D

but where i live now has beaches, lotsa sun to get sunburnt in, kangaroos and strange looking constructions like the opera house ;D

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct
Corruption, Pollution, and some fake gold on top of a monument.

n/aㅤㅤ

n/aㅤㅤ

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
Used to be Great Britain, now it's just Britain (or at least it should be)~

=^^"=

MelonCandy

MelonCandy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoint of Singularity
Australia has the highest concentration of poisonous animals in the world.

And yet, there is a mandatory requirement of field studies and camps at least four times in our schooling days.

So to put it frankly, it's a miracle I haven't died yet xD
Just kidding~ :P

Posted Image

방 철 용! 우리가 결혼하자!

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.
Hmm ... nothing interesting that I'm aware of has happened in australia ...

Is my sig too small now?