Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

HOw do you feel about this manga?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
i happen to like it but i think it could be better. for instance it seems like its rushing through to the end, the creator needs to slow down a bit and work on the story.

cougarpeople

cougarpeople

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 30 posts
  • LocationHong Kong - China
I think the light novel may be more in-depth than the manga. Not too sure because they don't sell it here in my country and i suck at reading kanji....
But I love the story - wish there could be a tad bit more amazing, stunning, out of the box development

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I'll go see if i can read the light novel if i can find it in english. But yeah it seems laid back and there's not a whole lot of action in the storyline.

Edited by Zero King, 21 January 2012 - 10:55 PM.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
A lot of series are more in-depth and thus appear with a greater quality as a light novel than as a manga or anime, but it really depends. So far the seies seems to be at an ok level, I would say that it was enjoyable.

By the way, there was a sex scene in the Sacred Blacksmith eroge that Sena was playing in that Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai scene. There was technically one scene that involved sexual harassment so far but does it go that far later in the stoy. >_<

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Just Call Me Jack

Just Call Me Jack

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
i like it, and i did read part of the novel so it helps, not as good as Spice and wolf tho. but hey different genera

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

i like it, and i did read part of the novel so it helps, not as good as Spice and wolf tho. but hey different genera

Did you read the english translation (if so can you provide a linK?) or in Japanese...

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Just Call Me Jack

Just Call Me Jack

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Did you read the english translation (if so can you provide a linK?) or in Japanese...

my friend let me read it in college one on his laptop. srry i dont have it but he might, i call him later.

you can try here tho http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

Edited by Just Call Me Jack, 14 March 2012 - 02:48 AM.

Dice Warwick

Dice Warwick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

The problem I've been having with this manga (I've read up to ch25) is that the pacing is a mess, and things just happen, as well how the two main characters just don't seem to fit in the world they live in.

First, the manga should have slowed down big time after Campbell is attacked by Sigfried, and her recovery from the trauma sould have happened over 10 chapters, not 2. It made me more annoyed with Campbell then sympathetic with her; she gose form not being able to get out of bed or eat, to I will fight but not as a woman, to maybe I will stay as a woman, in such a manner that would only worked if she was already known to be rubes band in her willpower, she is not.

Second, this manga has a strange Katana worship going on, I'm ok with the sacred swords be Katanas, but how they talk about it sound like they are sacred swords because they are katana. This manga has had plenty of opportunity to explain the blacksmith stuff, but when they do, it is weak at best.

Third, our main characters, Luke and Cecily, just don't work well in the manga. I can understand that Luke is strong, and the katanas he makes can do some awesome stuff, but I just can't see him as an expert swordsman, and on top of that, it seems that he has don absolutely nothing as a human before Cecily showed up. As for Cecily, she sould easily be the better fighter, but is commonly saved by Luke, even though she has yeas of combat training over Luke, somehow he is the better fighter!?

I could go on, but I rather not, but to put this in more simple terms I'll say this; This manga is not bad, but it's inconsistency keeps popping up, and then the story seems to rush in parts that need to slow down, for the most part i want to like this manga, but it just keeps annoying me.