Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Some info about season 2 of the anime, set to begin April 5th.....

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-10/2nd-baby-steps-season-casts-takuya-eguchi-natsuki-hanae/.84272

Tn7HA0h.png

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ 

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

Soooo lets go back to the court :)

Eichirou is trying to find a way around the "egg" and he realized that going defensive only will make him vulnerable to his opponent's conviction -opponent that has specifically been trained to hype himself in attacking, so that would be the most disastrous pairing...

how do you get out of this mess?

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Well, I guess the way Maruo is doing it:  Give him defensive headaches.  I'm assuming that in tennis, as in most decent games and in a fight, there's no such thing as having no defensive holes.  If you're strong against something it must leave you with some comparative weakness against something else.  If you're way back you're vulnerable to that drop shot, etc.

So if you can't take the guy with straight-ahead force, you can still make him modify his positioning to deal with unpredictable attacks, and that in turn will presumably mess with his positioning for attack, maybe?

I must say that Kanda's musing on Nabae has given me the first frisson of doubt that Maruo can pull this one out.  Experience matters, and Kanda has gone up against the evolved Maruo, as it were, so he may have some tools for handling the younger model.  That and pokeroots' spoiler on the front page, which may be a joke but overall it has me nervous.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

we know little about kanda before enrolling in the military tennis school, so that particluar shot ws something he ws keeping for Nabae, against the better judgement of his instructor ("TENNIS SMASH! TENNIS GUTS! TENNIS GRINDS!"). 

So iguess the bottomline is that kanda can be hard and tough and can be gentle and precise, and this is a tough combo...

abuahmed

abuahmed

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Anybody knows why english translation is so much behind? I see the latest raw avaliable is chapter 353 while the translation is still at 248 and they even release monthly at that!!!

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

simple and fast answer is, because IMS, the team behind the scanlation project, is short on quality personel. 

abuahmed

abuahmed

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

simple and fast answer is, because IMS, the team behind the scanlation project, is short on quality personel. 

isn't there any other group that can take their place?

my excitement for this manga is killing me.. I fear that I might spoil everything for myself if I waited any longer

I wish I could do something to help them work on it faster but unfortunately I don't think I can :(

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

so far no other group has ever made any proposal for BS. And TBH it's kinda okay. I know the releasse are slow but they have got constant, which is better than many other projects that are simply stopped and not released. I too also wish to read more of BS but since we all are leechers all ican do i thank for what we receive, cos beggars cant be chosers.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-05-25/baby-steps-tennis-manga-to-have-big-announcement-on-june-1/.102425

Tn7HA0h.png

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

WOW! this is great news!

even though im htirsting for the 3rd seaon of the anime...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

WOW! this is great news!

even though im htirsting for the 3rd seaon of the anime...

Oh, you think that's what the announcement's about then, the twitter scuttlebutt about a live action? Could be, probably, maybe.........we're so far behind the raws there's no telling if it could be something about it actually ending or something >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

no well i assumed the twitter about the live action was the thing... either case i'd be happy, because a 3rd season would somehow ensure the series will be kept aired with some regularity -i mean you dont air an anime tentatively for 3 seasons now would you?

but the live action could be a good idea, even though i never connected fully to live actions of stuff i loved -Lovely Complex and Silver Spoon just to name two; but the more the brand spins the more resonance it gets and maybe some more scan groups will seek the chance to give more continuity to this project.

Edited by maffa, 26 May 2016 - 08:01 AM.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

So at the end he lost... 

i honestly tought that Eiichirou was superior to Kanda, but that's part of tennis. Im curious to see how things will evolve from now on. Money will be a deciding factor, i guess there'll be some time covering sponsorships, even thoughi didnt think they'd go giving out cash for underage rookies -maybe the japanese tennis federation?

Arzon

Arzon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Even though he lost, he lost like a real champion, never giving up. (I love this series because the mangaka is making this realistic. It will be silly if he win everything right at the start.)

Realistic challenges like this is what this series really great. :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, I'd assume we'll be looking at at least a sizable handful of chapters worth of soul searching on his part before the story gets past that point.......I mean, of course we know he goes on in at least some respect, this thing's at 39 volumes and still ongoing, so yeah, it's not like he's actually going to quit or significantly change what he's doing at this point. We wouldn't have much of a story then, right? :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Instaburst

Instaburst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrance

I can't wait for the next chapters, all those match in this tournament were great and I look forward to the next arc !

Shadowpower69

Shadowpower69

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Natsu winning is the greatest thing ever, though I'm extremely curious how Maruo will overcome the hurdle of becoming pro now. I suppose he can get sponsored and such now, but that's not his end goal and so I want to see the plan for that end goal.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

Natsu winning ws a real surprise here, even though we dont have a real insight of Natsu's and Aki's game styles: all in all it was the most manga-ish development of the manga till now, sort of gut vs gut challenge.

I am glad Aki found a new source of commitment to play tennis, having a sportsman carreer without a drive is an impossible chore to manage;i hope it wont be the last we hear about her, i do like her character.