Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I get the watermark version even at batoto.net

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

zemega

zemega

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
I know its suppose to combat the bot stuff. But it does not seem to work in my case.

Attached Files

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts
Have you already try to refresh the page? The watermark is just appearing for less than one second on my browser and then disappear by itself.
*Edit: the answer = below my post.

Edited by Sality, 11 January 2012 - 02:48 PM.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
it's because the page is still loading (we can see it in the browser's tab) once the page is loaded, the watermark disapear in 0,2 second.
I hope you aren't rushed enought for not being able to wait 0,2sec, are you?

Posted Image

Sun-Ken Rock – Gunnm – Memories of Enamon

Spoiler

zemega

zemega

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Oh yes, 0.2 seconds for you guys equals to 3 seconds for me.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
then you might consider DLing the chapter if your internet is slow enought for being unable to load a page with a satisfying speed

Posted Image

Spoiler

zemega

zemega

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
That would not work in a long run for me, my ISP gives me max 4GB per month only.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
ouch, then I feel for you.
another way would be to wait for the release of the clean version...

Posted Image

Spoiler

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Yes. it is unfortunate that you live in a area where internet cost a lot or is limited. it load pretty fast on my computer it does not give me the time to read it :P also why can't you download it? it uses less then reading it on batoto uncompressed. you can read it on the orginal website if you'd like because they use pre-loading make sure to wait when it's green and it will load instant.

Edited by Laurens D, 11 January 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

That would not work in a long run for me, my ISP gives me max 4GB per month only.

If you can't download it because of bandwidth quotas, reading on Batoto won't help you. Downloading actually uses LESS bandwidth than reading on Batoto, because Batoto has more overhead (ads, the site itself, other icons, etc.)
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
1. Your browser might be outdated.
2. Delete cookies and malware (use spybot search and destroy, it's free, and full of awesomeness), if you have problems with things like gifs, it will increase your overall performance on internet, it's just easier to notice when yer waiting for gif to load.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
+ if you can't wait for the image to finish loading then nothing we can do to help. batoto respects scanlators so nothing will be changed for their releases, and the watermarks only appear if you do not wait for the image to finish loading.
besides, nobody said you can't read multiple manga at the same time when one manga loads a little slower. (which is what I do, and I have no problems with it)
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Recently

Recently

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Pretty cool how the new watermarks work, hope this becomes the standard in the future :)

Just Call Me Jack

Just Call Me Jack

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
question, why do i have to either download firefox, or a new extension to view any manga with these new water marks. i mean im here arn't i. i cant read Btooom!, that watermark wont go away. also i have had problems with this thing before, but not like this.

Edited by Just Call Me Jack, 24 January 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

question, why do i have to either download firefox, or a new extension to view any manga with these new water marks. i mean im here arn't i. i cant read Btooom!, that watermark wont go away. also i have had problems with this thing before, but not like this.

You don't. You can use any browser and you don't need any plugins.
Though, personally, most people would recommend you use firefox/chrome/opera (that is, not internet explorer)

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
regarding your issue jack, read this: http://japanzai.com/index.php?topic=1811.0
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Topic moved. This has nothing to do with any function or bugs of Batoto.

Digi7

Digi7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I got the watermark on half of the pages. This crap is unreadable! No amount of waiting or reloading solves the issue either. On the pages it works, it just flashes by for less than a second but again, for the other half of the pages, it just fucking stays there forever.

Anyways, this has left a bad taste in my mouth and I probably wont be reading any of the scanslator's work in the futre. Shit like this is worse than the shitty DRM Ubisoft throws at us!!!

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
This thread has gone off topic and meandered long enough. Locked now.

Digi7, read what the watermark says. Reading comprehension and spelling are important parts of being a good productive citizen in society. For example, if you had read it correctly, you wouldn't be posting this now. Also, friendly warning to be civil in all future communications.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri