Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Katawa Shoujo

Katawa Shoujo Visual Novel

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Hey, hey! I recently downloaded Katawa Shoujo and managed to complete one path so far. Shizune is my favorite girl, but Emi and Rin are a close second. Anyone else played it so far?

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I admit I played the first act waaaaaaaaay back when it first came out. Was pretty shorty. :< Might try out the whole thing when I got the time.

sig-1.png

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts
Isn't this made by 4chan people?

upQffwT.png

Over9000Wombats

Over9000Wombats

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDestroying a city near you
Indeed it is made by 4chan and if you chose the fail path it really makes you depressed l, the bad ending is really bad, but I do enjoy Rin a lot!
Posted Image

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I got Emi the first try (despite trying to get Hanako). I was disappointed in her route in a way that I was expecting more an emotional turn over the usual happiness and hanging out and such. But this time I'm going for Hanako and am getting exactly what I wanted. :D

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Not to spoil anything, but Rin's path - both good and bad - are soul-wrenching in different ways. Well, perhaps the key difference is that Rin's Bad Ending makes you want to curl up in the ball and scream at yourself for being a bad person.

shinya78

shinya78

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAhnenerbe Café
Man, just reading the earlier posts made me want to go and download the game right now... and to think that the game came from 4chan. I wonder how the guys at 2ch would react once they played the game.

edit:I'm actually downloading it right now...

Edited by shinya78, 12 January 2012 - 08:12 AM.

Senjosama

Senjosama

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 74 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I've done Shizune's route and I thought it wasn't bad. But then again, whenever I'm told that something is so terrible by everyone, I expect something so bad that it ends up in a good light from me. Same happened with Tales of the Tempest which wasn't good, but I ended up thinking it was okay cause I was expecting worse.

Aaaaaanyway, I think Shizune's route would've been great if it had more choices.
Spoiler

I'm now debating whether to do Lily or Rin's, since Lily is my second favourite after Hanako, but Rin's opening seemed much more intruiging. Apparently both are good though. :)

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
I agree. Shizune was my favorite girl, but I felt her path was a lot more lackluster than the others.

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
Never heard of it, so I just checked out the website and characters. Damn it's so depressing, more than half of the characters have some kind of disability :(

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
I've only completed Emi's route so far and despite that fact that she's not the crowd favorite, I found her story to be quite intriguing. But it was only when I started my second route that I noticed I felt really bad about pushing her away xD

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

ShiroNeko

ShiroNeko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the sea....
Emi and Hanako are my favorites. Hanako's ending was totally awesome best ending for me....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Guests
I got called as a "SICK BAST*RD" for playing this game...

now I'm sad... :'(

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
Don't worry. It's only sick if you only skip to the h-scenes. You don't...do you?

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

ryvrdrgn14

ryvrdrgn14

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
I like how the character path stories were written (save for a few typos and spelling errors which are few and far in between). The music is very fitting (just perfect for a BGM. It's there but not overwhelming). The art is also nice.

There aren't a lot of choices to make and there are times where you will mostly be reading the story, but I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys playing VNs.

"To have so many creative people who can tell wonderful stories is a blessing."

"Not being one of them is a curse."

Posted Image

Deviantart Page | Youtube Channel

• Guests

Don't worry. It's only sick if you only skip to the h-scenes. You don't...do you?

=D (applies a fake smile)
ummm... What were we talking about again?
*slowly walks away*

Derek

Derek

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 264 posts
I downloaded it the day it came out. Unfortunately I haven't spent much time playing it, but I finished Rin and LIlly's routes. Loved both of them. I'm currently on Act 3 of Shizune's, which I'll finish eventually. So far Rin's route is my favorite. Some tears were shed during her route. Once I finish her route I'll move on to Hanako. The only reason I didn't do her route third instead of Shizune's, is because I didn't want to do it right after I finished Lilly's, given that they're friends. Just seemed weird.

Edited by Derek, 26 January 2012 - 10:03 AM.

MyAnimeList Last.fm Renzokusei

Derek: ねえ、。。。しようよ
Derek: that
Zalugar: Uh
Zalugar: Hey...let's do it
Zalugar: DO WHAT
Zalugar: WHAT ARE THEY DOING
Zalugar: THESE LEWD CHILDREN

xinhope

xinhope

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationA land of dream filled with hopes
i've also played the first act long time ago. i've got the full version now. just finished emi and moving to shizune. i think i'll save rin for last since she's my fav. she's so cool.

:batoto_015: brvdflt_zpsoo057cdu.jpg :batoto_029:

Olmond

Olmond

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 63 posts
I've played 3 paths in the game: Emi, Rin and Lilly. I thought all 3 were alright, though as mentioned earlier, Rin's was a bit difficult in more ways than one. Still it's probably my favorite out of the 3 I played so far. Emi's was alright and as someone who is fond of the twintail look I did like the character a lot.
One thing I thought was somewhat annoying was the background noises in crowds. They loop very quickly and sometimes you have to spend quite a while listening to the same clip over and over again.

Katawa Crash is a fairly mindless game made after Katawa Shoujo.
It's fun for a while :P Better if you've actually played the game. Also the music is awesome! :D

Edit: I got tired of trying to link the game because unlinking doesn't work for me.

Edited by Olmond, 05 February 2012 - 06:14 PM.

xinhope

xinhope

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationA land of dream filled with hopes
katawa crash? is it from the same developer?

:batoto_015: brvdflt_zpsoo057cdu.jpg :batoto_029: