Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

PSP games - Chat and Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWandering the Celestial Plain
Anyone for Dissidia/Dissidia Duodecim?

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
So I just got 3rd Birthday recently. Needless to say, the story confuses me very much. I don't know how I feel about it yet. Will update once I'm further in.

Anyone for Dissidia/Dissidia Duodecim?

The "story", if you can call it that, is kind of weak. Then again, fighting games aren't played for their story. The gameplay is certainly fun, and the RPG elements added in makes it addicting to level up your main and buy him/her new equipments.
All in all, if it's your first time, I say get the second game. Because in the second game you're allowed to go through the first game's exact story after you're done with the second, and it has all the first's characters plus more, so you're getting more out of it.

sig-1.png

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

So I just got 3rd Birthday recently. Needless to say, the story confuses me very much. I don't know how I feel about it yet. Will update once I'm further in.

It is confusing,and more confusing as you progress further into the game.Trust me on that.
Oh,remember to link your DNA boards to make it more powerful(such as Cross Healing).

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Louise Francoise De La Valliere to Saito Hiraga 'grave'.
Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

It is confusing,and more confusing as you progress further into the game.Trust me on that.
Oh,remember to link your DNA boards to make it more powerful(such as Cross Healing).

Oh wow, it's only my second level and I'm already stuck. That Reaper thing keeps killing me...not the big one, the one single tentacle later in the level. Any tips?

Edit: just to clarify, I know I have to overdrive to a random solider to escape his prison thing at the beginning. But then when I reach the big room where I'm supposed to survive till reinforcements get there, I have trouble. He's one-hit killing me...on Normal.

Edited by Katsuri, 27 March 2012 - 07:52 PM.

sig-1.png

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Just run....and try to divert the Reaper attention by diving to a different soldier.Draw him until it's really close to the soldier that you dive and then dive into the furthest soldier away from Reaper.Run and find a lone civillian near the end of the room and dive into him.Control him,destroy 2 red orbs near him and exit to find a safepoint.Save and pack up because your boss fight is coming.Do not bother to shoot the Reaper because that thing cannot be killed with conventional firearms(i.e assault rifle,grenade).
It is adviseable to bring high-impact weapons into the boss fight.
Still stuck? Use this guide:http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/951987-the-3rd-birthday/faqs/62234
Good luck.

edit:Sorry,i thought you were in the level where you first met Reaper.Fixed.

Edited by HXIII, 27 March 2012 - 11:54 PM.

"I will say them once we meet again. Until then, I will never give up. Even if everyone says you're dead… even if the spells show you are dead… even if your grave stands before my eyes, I won’t believe it. I’ll wait for you for the rest of my life. But, even that won’t repay the thing that you did to me. I will call you back to life. Even if I’ll be called stupid, I will wait for you. With all my being, I will deny your death."

Taken from Volume 8 Light novel translation in BakaTsuki.Thank you for these translation,BakaTsuki Staff!

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
I think I just bounced to the civilian and moved him to the "goal" area. Then I switched between solders and killed hte red orbs. This way, I get the achievement.

Edited by Seiris21, 28 March 2012 - 09:19 AM.

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

I think I just bounced to the civilian and moved him to the "goal" area. Then I switched between solders and killed hte red orbs. This way, I get the achievement.

TL;DR version for my earlier post.
It is my (maybe bad) habit to explain things to do for people and Seiris,you just summarized my earlier post.Thanks.

Seiris21

Seiris21

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
Mmm sorry my bad.

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis

Mmm sorry my bad.

Huh? Err...i just say thanks to you and you say sorry?
I do not think you did something bad.It's all good and proper.

Anyway,anyone here play Fate/Unlimited Codes?

Edited by HXIII, 28 March 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I already passed that point on my own, but I wasn't able to get the achievement. It's kind of difficult to get.
There is another thing that confuses me though: the grid. You know, the 6x6 one. My current one has some higher-level purple and bronze chips like stronger Liberation shots and a more powerful Overdrive Kill. I also have a level 3 higher-odd chip to get better chips. What else should I have on it? And how does mutation work?

Anyway,anyone here play Fate/Unlimited Codes?

I have. I think it'd be difficult for normal people who never played the visual novel or watched the anime to enjoy the game. The gameplay was kind of enjoyable at first, but got old real quick. It's not very solid in my opinion, as far as fighting games go.

Edited by Katsuri, 28 March 2012 - 03:24 PM.

sig-1.png

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Ahh,the DNA boards and the Overdrive chips.Well,it depends on what kind of character you want Aya want to be.Defensive? Offensive? Or both?
It is kinda hard to explain myself on how to use DNA boards effectively.But from your comment,i think it is good enough.
Mutation can either strengthen your DNA boards or weaken it...always make sure no limiter is set when you 'modding' your DNA boards(press square to reset the chips to your likings).To make it more powerful,link the chips with the same type of chips (e.g Cross Heal+Cross Heal).
This guide would explain more about the DNA boards(and also weapons sections):http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/951987-the-3rd-birthday/faqs/62067.

Oh,i see.I personally enjoy the game since i can battle with my friends.But still,Gilgamesh EX attack is still a no-go to me....it is really hard to mash the button in the right way :/

Edited by HXIII, 28 March 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Ah, that's a good guide. I guess I want my Aya to be offensive, killing monsters quickly. I don't really have the patience to play defensive for too long. Although I really like how this game forces you to play bosses strategically if you plan to win, that's clever designing. I was disappointed that Gamespot gave it a 6/10.

sig-1.png

HXIII

HXIII

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationTau Volantis
Gamespot reviewer are the ones who lives in 90's and biased about the future of the gaming.Just like a bunch of biker gangs.
If it was me,i give PE3 8/10.Or maybe they hate it because the game is hard for them to play,hahahaha.

I make my DNA boards to be defensive while giving a 'superior' firepower to Aya(sniper+grenade launcher).
But,i just realised my tactics weren't working too well in final boss battle.I finally change it to Sniper+Assault rifle tactics.
This game offer a great replayability,just like it's past predecessor.

Have fun with the guide.And good luck in boss battles :)