Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

PSP games - Chat and Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Random stuff. I wonder, who still plays PSP games? I do '.'
Currently playing Wild ARMS XF and Mana Khemia, and have completed Yggdra Union (the GBA version though), Brave Story and FInal Fantasy: Crisis Core

Personal Ratings:
Wild ARMS XF - 4/5 (Pretty fun game so far similar to Final Fantasy Tactics, but certain parts are annoying without following a guide e.g. Starlit Path)
Brave Story - 4/5 (Pretty fun to play through once but after completion I didn't feel like playing any more.)
Crisis Core - 3.5/5 (Nice story, decent gameplay/replayability if you intend to level to 99 and get all the items, but somehow not to my liking as compared to Wild ARMS and XF)
Mana Khemia - 3/5 (Rather nice story, but having to follow a guide for item synthesis is a pain)

Just wanted to get the ball rolling~
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Same here. Most of the school term I'm too busy to actually play console games, so my PSP is perfect. I bring it out between breaks too.

Have you played Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together? Excellent SRPG, similar to Final Fantasy Tactics if you liked that one.

sig-1.png

Kajiura-kun

Kajiura-kun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBogotá, Colombia
guys you have to play "Corpse Party" (name by XSEED Games, original name is "Corpse Party: Blood of Covered... Repeat Fear")

if do you like the old school's games and ghost stories :P

here the oficial web: http://www.corpsepartypsp.com/

it's my recomendation :P

the game is graphic novel's style with RPG's mode
it's fantastic

PD: PLAY WITH HANDSET AND IN MIDNIGHT
:P

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
It's so damn hard to find any PSP gamers ... so far, I only know four people who own one: one in Asia, the US and two in Germany.

I wanted to try WildArms, but I'll get that after I've beaten my other 30+ games .. and Crisis Core sucked. I couldn't get into it and the characters were so damn annoying. I know and own TO, FF:Tactics and CP, but only beat TO recently. In CP, I'm currently in 4th chapter and no, I'm too much of a sissy to play it at midnight :lol:

Someone else playing KH:BbS? I'm looking for someone to play it online with.

Edited by dark.chii, 10 January 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Raphenox

Raphenox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Currently playing Persona 3 :P and Phantasy Star 2.

Was highly disappointed with 3rd birthday though it was fun battle wise.

Red Gem and Hexy's Force w/ Star Oceans were probably some of the better series for me considering I had no problem starting + ending them. Never finished Mana and will have to look into Phantom.

It really is sad there are not a lot of good games for PSP. :X

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
eww Hexyz Force ... It was a solid game, but I didn't like it. 3rd Birthday is so damn hard! (but that's because I always reset because I don't want my allies to die)

I'm playing Persona 1 right now :lol: Do you know Trails in the Sky? It's supposed to be such a good RPG, but honestly, I was disappointed by it.

edit: not a lot good games on PSP? Dude, where are you living? Last time I checked, there were tons of good games (and more to come) ..

Edited by dark.chii, 14 January 2012 - 10:08 AM.

atdy587

atdy587

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSingapore
Well if u can read japanese, there is a whole lot of games that u can play like tales of the world 3, weiss schwarz and apparently super robot wars just came out 2 new games. Will be transiting to vita nxt year or may be 2 years time seeing if the console gets hacked or not:p

Kajiura-kun

Kajiura-kun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBogotá, Colombia

KH:BbS it's so.... boring... :P
I prefer "Patapon" :D

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

KH:BbS it's so.... boring... :P

stfu u n00b KH is teh best !!!111!!!1

just kidding. I thought it was awesome to play, not to mention how many different mini games there were (that you can play with others). And I don't know any other multiplayer co-op games on PSP (except Phantasy Star) ... :blush: the kind where you can run around and kill monsters with friends.

Patapons are so adorable ... but I had a hard time playing it. LOL I suck.

Edited by dark.chii, 14 January 2012 - 05:46 PM.

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts
Sora no Kiseki(Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) - 4/5 gameplay is repetitive but I love the romance story =P gets it's own anime next season, OVA is already out
Monster Hunter 3 - 2/5 if your alone 5/5 if you got friends to play with!
Persona 3 - 5/5 best rpg on the psp imo
Patapon 3 - 4/5 great if played alone, awesome with friends
Armored Core: Last Raven - 4/5 awesome but REAAAALLY HARD controls o_O
Burnout Revenge: best race game for psp imo

those are the game I remember playing... I mainly use my PSP to play PSone rpg classics like FF8, xenogears, brave story, legend of dragoon etc...

upQffwT.png

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

I wanted to try WildArms, but I'll get that after I've beaten my other 30+ games .. and Crisis Core sucked. I couldn't get into it and the characters were so damn annoying. I know and own TO, FF:Tactics and CP, but only beat TO recently. In CP, I'm currently in 4th chapter and no, I'm too much of a sissy to play it at midnight :lol:

I tried WildArms for a while, but then my save file got corrupted and I just dropped it. Thinking back, the game's classes were pretty limited, even though the hex tactical system was interesting.
I'm currenty playing TO myself. On ch.4, second play through (first was Law side, Now Chaos side). Hoping to finish the game and start the Neutral side.

KH:BbS was a lot of fun. And damn was that a plot twist at the end of it. I did not see that coming. The game made Xehanort one of the most complicated villains I've come across.

Currently playing Persona 3 :P and Phantasy Star 2.

Red Gem and Hexy's Force w/ Star Oceans were probably some of the better series for me considering I had no problem starting + ending them. Never finished Mana and will have to look into Phantom.

P3 is amazing. The extra mode's new links were pretty fun, not to mention the secret boss. Phantasy Star on the other hand...I got bored of it quickly.

I finished Hexy's Force with both available characters. Solid game, but that's pretty much it. It doesn't leave that big of an impression. Red Gem was fun but pretty hard, at least for me. Same with WildArms in that my save file got corrupted and I dropped it.

Do you know Trails in the Sky? It's supposed to be such a good RPG, but honestly, I was disappointed by it.

Trails was a lot of fun for me. It's not the gameplay itself (it was pretty generic), but the characters that made it for me. And after you finish it you get a damn cliff hanger. >__> Now I gotta wait for the second game to get translated.

I mainly use my PSP to play PSone rpg classics like FF8, xenogears, brave story, legend of dragoon etc...

Yay for PSone emulating! I don't have that big of a memory for games like FF8, but I definitly used it for some classics.

sig-1.png

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts
In TO, I'm currently also on my second walkthrough (Chaos was first, now Neutral), but this damn loyalty is taking all the fun away .. I constantly fear that my people's loyalty drops (they already dropped 1, 2 levels).

BbS really did clear lot of unclear points in the KH-verse (and created some new ones :lol: ). But I really hate how all three were screwed (Terra the most), and are now waiting for KH's jesus aka Sora to save them ~_~ God I hate that kiddie. I think it's funny, considering how old Xehanort was, how much he trolled the people around him.

Err ... I think you give too much credit to P3. I also enjoyed it, but come on .. it's not that great. S. Links are fun the first time, but annoying the second time. I also liked Phantasy Star, but just like you, grew tired of it ..

Trails's gameplay was pretty meh, but so were lots of the characters. I liked some of the main characters, but the rest? Not so much. Every single NPC had some unique lines (that even changed during the story), with sometimes some remarks of the main characters, but there was too much going on.

I love how you can play PS1 games on PSP, but for some reason I don't feel like playing them >_> I still haven't played much of FF8 or FF9.

Raphenox

Raphenox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I'll have to try Trials some time then ^^. But I just remember having more memorable games from the ds than the psp. Don't read japanese so I'm kinda limited on what i can play :P.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

In TO, I'm currently also on my second walkthrough (Chaos was first, now Neutral), but this damn loyalty is taking all the fun away .. I constantly fear that my people's loyalty drops (they already dropped 1, 2 levels).

BbS really did clear lot of unclear points in the KH-verse (and created some new ones :lol: ). But I really hate how all three were screwed (Terra the most), and are now waiting for KH's jesus aka Sora to save them ~_~ God I hate that kiddie. I think it's funny, considering how old Xehanort was, how much he trolled the people around him.

Err ... I think you give too much credit to P3. I also enjoyed it, but come on .. it's not that great. S. Links are fun the first time, but annoying the second time. I also liked Phantasy Star, but just like you, grew tired of it ..

Trails's gameplay was pretty meh, but so were lots of the characters. I liked some of the main characters, but the rest? Not so much. Every single NPC had some unique lines (that even changed during the story), with sometimes some remarks of the main characters, but there was too much going on.

I love how you can play PS1 games on PSP, but for some reason I don't feel like playing them >_> I still haven't played much of FF8 or FF9.

For me the only person that ever threatened to leave me because of the loyalty thing was the archer girl. I never have that problem otherwise.

I remember when I played KH2 and got to play as Roxas. "Holy cow! A new character! And he's much cooler than that cheesy Sora!". Imagine my disappointment when they force me to play as him again. :c

I only went through P3P once, through the female mode. There are some new S.Links there that weren't in the original, so I wasn't that bored. I already cleared the original on the PS2 many times though, so as soon as I beat the secret boss I kinda just quit. Still waiting for P4: The Golden for Vita though, since I prefer P4 over P3 overall.

You gotta admit the game was really vast though. I pretty much went through the game without talking to every single NPC every time they changed their talk. If I did it would've probably took forever to finish the game. @_@ I had to use a guide just to not miss subquests that were time-limited. Still, despite its issues, it was enjoyable. I heard the next installmant will be on the smart phones...I hope they don't release it exclusively on there.

How much memory do these take on a PSP? I might replay FF9 for nostalgia's sake. :B I have Crash Bandicoot (yes, the first game) on my memory card, it's a lotta fun on the bus. :P

sig-1.png

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

I remember when I played KH2 and got to play as Roxas. "Holy cow! A new character! And he's much cooler than that cheesy Sora!". Imagine my disappointment when they force me to play as him again. :c

Main reason why I didn't play KH 1 and 2. I hate Sora and don't want to play as him :mad: I'm really struggling with KH 3D (I want to play as Riku, but not as Sora ..)

I only went through P3P once, through the female mode. There are some new S.Links there that weren't in the original, so I wasn't that bored. I already cleared the original on the PS2 many times though, so as soon as I beat the secret boss I kinda just quit. Still waiting for P4: The Golden for Vita though, since I prefer P4 over P3 overall.

I only beat P3 on PS2 once (then I got bored). On P3P, I'm playing as female (hard) and male (extreme). If I had to rate the Persona games, it would be P1 > P3 >>>> P4. I'm still waiting for P2's price to drop (<- can't wait to play that).

You gotta admit the game was really vast though. I pretty much went through the game without talking to every single NPC every time they changed their talk. If I did it would've probably took forever to finish the game. @_@ I had to use a guide just to not miss subquests that were time-limited. Still, despite its issues, it was enjoyable. I heard the next installmant will be on the smart phones...I hope they don't release it exclusively on there.

I don't really want to rely on guides and don't really want to miss side quests either .. and the many NPCs were distracting. I also dislike how each quest had a time limit that wasn't even really shown ..
About the smart phone release, if I recall correctly, they're releasing the first part first. A different, unrelated company is doing that. They'll probably have to translate it from scratch, since they'd need XSeed's permission to use their translation. XSeed also pretty much confirmed that they're currently translating the sequel.

How much memory do these take on a PSP? I might replay FF9 for nostalgia's sake. :B I have Crash Bandicoot (yes, the first game) on my memory card, it's a lotta fun on the bus. :P

Around 1.5 GB each. I own a 32 GB memory stick :lol:

Edited by dark.chii, 15 January 2012 - 10:35 AM.

wEr4

wEr4

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,068 posts
Oh!! So many interesting suggestions...I myself just played Tactics Ogre. An old RPG that is just...well, awesome!!
Posted Image

Rien ne pèse tant qu'un secret...

Nick

Nick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
Thread needs more DJ Max, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Ys Seven. Ys Seven was especially amazing.

I played iDolM@ster: SP the most though..

dark.chii

dark.chii

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Thread needs more DJ Max, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Ys Seven. Ys Seven was especially amazing

Meh, Project Diva >>>> DJ Max. Ys Seven was fun, but it has no replayability, which is a shame.

btw, how is MGS? I've heard of it, but I don't know about its gameplay.

Edited by dark.chii, 02 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

Nasakeshira

Nasakeshira

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationRome Colosseum 44 B.C.
On my PSP these are the current arsenal of games I play are
Burnout Revenge 4/5
Persona 3 P 5/5 It's pretty fun to play, even if you aren't interested in the story combat's enjoyable
God Eaters: Burst 3/5 (5/5 once you get used to it) It has a couple problems but I personally enjoy and have the most fun with this game. Took me awhile to figure out the camera but once that's down it's all fun

Edited by Nasakeshira, 02 March 2012 - 11:53 PM.

THE LAST MAN STANDING

was the first man

to lose his SOUL

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Tetris is on PSP. :D
http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/tetris-psp.html