Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

A-Team

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
On the last chapter of The Breaker: New Waves the watermarks specifically excluded Batoto from the online readers that aren't allowed by A-Team, and since that exception can't include TB:NW itself, I take it to mean all other titles, unless specifically mentioned, which is why I'd like the newest chapter of Sekirei (c.124) unlocked.

Edited by KidCongo, 02 January 2012 - 02:55 AM.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
It might seem that way , but they still dont like online readers , i just asked them to change the watermark so that they dont lump us with mangafox and co.
otherwise their policy hasnt changed at all.
Spoiler

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
I'd also keep their scans locked until they give us the go ahead themselves.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
confirmed with amaru , no online readers to anything except Id
Spoiler

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
What a pity, thanks for getting confirmation.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
does that only refer to ongoing releases after they switched policy i.e. sekirei chapter 120 and after?
because sekirei chapters 1-119 are still open to public. http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/sekirei-r438
similarly, breaker (the complete prequel) is also open to public. http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/the-breaker-r65
(since I don't remember when a-team switched policy, is the breaker: new waves completely not allowed or just after they switched policies?)
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
I believe it's from now on. Now being defined as some weeks ago when they set this -- from which we didn't host any of their chapters.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
16th october is when they said no online readers , though for some projects it might have come a bit later (if they had prepared chapter , but forgot to switch rules on credits)

Spoiler

Spoiler

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
something tells me they've reviewed their policy once again...
http://www.ipitydafoo.com/

read the first two posts...
- policy changed back to 48hr delay
- long explanation by Amaru for previous actions

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I'll quote amaru's post:

There are many reasons for not wanting our releases hosted online. We don’t like online readers and not the least, the artist’s wishes.

They want to let fans be able to read the manhwas in english, but do not wish for it to be too popular that their group get into trouble, and for online manga readers to profit off their work.

^my understanding of amaru's long post.
so I guess somehow I just don't think we should host them, but maybe we can consider linking the manga to their website? So at least fans who really wish to read it would put in the effort to get it off their website, and since it won't be regularly updated it may not make them too prominent? Just my thoughts.

Edited by soranokira, 08 January 2012 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
i guess that's a compromise i'd have to settle for, but I dislike having to download chapters to view on my laptop. for one my internet's not the best and two zooming in and out with picasa is a pain imo whereas online readers like batoto have easy controls and are good for reference when discussing on message boards even when i'm on a different device.

i also feel it limits the crowd that's attracted to a series. when mangatoshokan existed i felt they had a good system where you could link the chapters you upload to the scanlator's page or even the website of the author/printer. but your idea is pretty solid i think, for example it was by chance that i visited the ateam page today and found out that they decided to pick up (even if on a whim) la mosca once again. i rarely visit scanlator's websites unless it's a series i seriously follow, and mangareaders have introduced me to more series than scanlator pages themselves. but in this day it also feels immoral in a sense to just view these series (anime and manga) online for free without contributing to the creators themselves, so my inconvenience is somewhat settled by that in itself.

i guess i'll have to endure with the process and wait till manga takes the same route that anime has with websites like crunchyroll charging for on-demand content and funimation opening a youtube account. maybe if there was some donation system that could be employed by authors or publishers where we could chip in even the slightest, because i feel it will be a rather long while before they coordinate to have official scanlations (with 1-2 days/weeks delay) the same way subs are done. and in this day and age a paper copy isn't (imo) as worthit as a digital one (anime can still make cash off dvds because quality is as good if not better than online streaming).

i feel like i'm ranting now...i get your point but in some devil's advocate sense i feel that online readers contribute alot to the growth of series and manga as a whole.

edit: btw anyone know what happened to crowsxworst.com? i followed the series crows till the very death of the site and couldn't find out exactly what happened with the group.

Edited by s1b0i6n5, 08 January 2012 - 05:26 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I think the group doing crows died off or something, which is why a new group (kaizoku scanz joint with Crimson Moon Scans) is picking it up.
and I think many of us do think that online readers do help promote the popularity of manga.
and, it's really only through sites like mangaupdates and online readers where manga can be rated, reviewed and commented for readers before they actually decide whether they want to purchase the manga locally to read it or not.

For me, I'm kind of stuck between asking amaru if it's ok to host releases 1 month after so fans can enjoy reading it more comfortably like s1boi above, but at the same time this delay doesn't actually help/follow a-team's stand of not having releases on online readers just as the author wishes.
Posted Image

s1b0i6n5

s1b0i6n5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
you know what, for a series like breaker and others from online publishers, i think the delay would be good. for example i follow Green Boy but the scans are far behind the actual release, and as a result i follow the naver link on the batoto page to view what's new (so much that i don't even read the scans as often, even though i primarily speak english). the website will get significant traffic abroad before the scanlation is out, which still goes to fund the creators. plus if scanlators in general provide links and encourage readers to check it out, it may start a trend on a wider scale that would drive even more traffic through the publisher's site.

ahh, but then it just hit me right now...it would be much easier to translate from their end, since all they gotta do is get a translator and post both versions on their page...doing that alone and not making a custom english-translated page would be more than a good start for such series, i wonder how much it would cost to get a good translator/translation on their end...

so yea, i think that even a one month delay would be a plus, at the least least we would get a reliable backup, since filesharing services tend to get rid of links that are not in use...

also thanks for the update on crows, i'll go search for those scanlators now. (:

Edited by s1b0i6n5, 08 January 2012 - 06:59 AM.

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
Just so you know guys , if Amaru ever changes his opinion about online readers , batoto will be the first to have their releases , so until then dont bother the guy , it might screw up what little chance we have now forever.

That said it doesnt matter about The Breaker: New Waves , Batoto will probably never host series , or atleast it isnt happening in the near future(especially if a-team is the main body behind it).
Spoiler

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
just wondering, because of a-team's policy, should we consider removing/unlocking "the breaker" and "sekirei" chapters by a-team for the time being? since the breaker is complete on batoto and sekirei chapters are still up from before a-team changed policy.
Posted Image

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
Those before 16th october are okay to be viewed , with exception of TB:New waves , i dont think we have something locked from before that date. Exception being joints , which are okay as well to be up to date.
Spoiler