Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
I can't belive that there isn't one of it for Iris zero.

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
It's awesome, Iris Zero :). Last chap wasn't too bad. I hope for another intriguing plot with lots of questions to be answered :).

Edited by Equiliz, 01 January 2012 - 06:19 PM.

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

It's awesome, Iris Zero :). Last chap wasn't too bad. I hope for another intriguing plot with lots of questions to be answered :).

Next chapter (raws) seems good, and it is as interesting as always.
Latest chapter, as you said, was good, I like how the males are surprisingly aware of the girls feeling, which commonly is not that way in mangas.

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
Haha, yea indeed. It's a manga where I don't go like: "dude are you that stupid?". But well :).
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

Visit my deviantart

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Haha, yea indeed. It's a manga where I don't go like: "dude are you that stupid?". But well :).

Yeah, I find it quite fullfilling, at least for me, personally I think that toru knows that koyuki likes him, but he want to make it slow paced? Or better said, he want to fix his "iris zero" problems before getting into a relationship...Its a theory.

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
I think they both know it, but maybe are just afraid to admit? They're still young :P.
And he has come through lots of changes lately, something like that takes time I guess.

Visit my deviantart

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Or better said, he want to fix his "iris zero" problems before getting into a relationship...Its a theory.

I don´t think that he can fix his "iris zero" problem. I mean if he really doesn´t have any abillity then that will stay so. what he can do is to accept it and doesn´t be bothered by it.

Pold10

Pold10

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChile
Maybe he already has an iris power, but he will know only in the climax of the whole story, or something like that... wanna see raws, where?

Edited by Pold10, 09 January 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Exkalamity

Exkalamity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Nahh I don't think he has an Iris Zero. His strength is that he overcame his lack of an Iris with sheer mental fortitude.

Exkalamity.png 

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
New girl on chapter 27, toru got pressure and the girl who can see through lies saw him completely.
Heartwarming chapter, hope that toru gets out of the iris zero way of thinking and confess himself.

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
I dunno. I feel like the whole "everyone's got a secret" is the tension that holds this story together. If he abandons his paranoia about being an "Iris Zero" then we'd reach the good end, and it'd be the end of the story right? Not that I don't like that but it's still a bit early. Their entire group needs more obstacles to overcome and bring them closer together. New girl seems to be a good catalyst, especially right after Toru got tongue-lashed.

On a side note, those are some AMAZING cleans and redraws. I'm jealous xD

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Or better said, he want to fix his "iris zero" problems before getting into a relationship...Its a theory.

I don´t think that he can fix his "iris zero" problem. I mean if he really doesn´t have any abillity then that will stay so. what he can do is to accept it and doesn´t be bothered by it.

Yeah, it's part of what makes him unique despite not having a unique ability :P The story basically revolves around how his lack of a special filter gives him a perspective that no one else has, don't take that away- it'd ruin things.

"This statement is not true."

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts

New girl on chapter 27, toru got pressure and the girl who can see through lies saw him completely.
Heartwarming chapter, hope that toru gets out of the iris zero way of thinking and confess himself.

You know, I don't buy that he took pressure or saw him completely.

He saw that coming from a mile away, he is definitely not oblivious to her feelings, and he know all those that know that too.
It was just a mater of time till he got confronted with it, he just been skillfully avoiding that.

And the dialog was terribly one sided like on yuki part, she just rambled what she wanted, assuming his answers and that they would be lies and why they would be lies...
So I think him not answering, its little more far then simply accepting his Iris zero, and that he isn't alone anymore..
Maybe something that answering truthfully would exposed some other lie!

Edited by Irecinius, 13 February 2012 - 07:58 AM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

You know, I don't buy that he took pressure or saw him completely.

He saw that coming from a mile away, he is definitely not oblivious to her feelings, and he know all those that know that too.
It was just a mater of time till he got confronted with it, he just been skillfully avoiding that.

And the dialog was terribly one sided like on yuki part, she just rambled what she wanted, assuming his answers and that they would be lies and why they would be lies...
So I think him not answering, its little more far then simply accepting his Iris zero, and that he isn't alone anymore..
Maybe something that answering truthfully would exposed some other lie!

I think I agree, he's been pretty level-headed thus far, to start tripping up and make yourself look like an oblivious moron in front of the least subtle person in their group seems kinda suspicious.

I've never really been a fan of one-sided arguments, I see them often in manga where it's basically the mangaka projecting his viewpoints onto someone else while generally making them look stupid. Not that I'm saying that's what's happening here, just that it's often the case.

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
Well, what we have here - on Toru's part - is a simple self-denial. It's a skill which takes some years to perfect.

And now we enter a new arc with a probable love rival for Koyuki.

It's been a week since the Release in JP, where's the TL? >.<
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen

Rupert

Rupert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock
Due to my pessimism, I feel that the new girl will enter the scene, get accepted into their little circle, Toru feels left out, and due to the insecurities that Yuki caused, he secludes himself and turns back into the loner that made me cheer for him in the first place. I'm probably wrong though.
Magikarp survives with 1hp due to the Focus Band and uses Flail. That's why.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Due to my pessimism, I feel that the new girl will enter the scene, get accepted into their little circle, Toru feels left out, and due to the insecurities that Yuki caused, he secludes himself and turns back into the loner that made me cheer for him in the first place. I'm probably wrong though.

I saw the raws so I knew that wasn't the case but I still don't exactly understand what you're proposing here.....why would Toru feel left out with a new person introduced into the circle? More and more people have been introduced since the start of the series.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Rupert

Rupert

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

I saw the raws so I knew that wasn't the case but I still don't exactly understand what you're proposing here.....why would Toru feel left out with a new person introduced into the circle? More and more people have been introduced since the start of the series.

Well, kids are more interested in new toys, and they sometimes toss aside the old ones. When I was a little kid, I only had a few toys, but my neighbor did this alot, I felt sad for the toys. Going back to my explanation, Toru has what I would call "self destructive behavior". His... tsundereness I guess? and his minimal exposure policy (which has been downplayed as the story goes on I feel) may make a comeback as the new character is added. But this seems to not be the case from my view of the new chapter, so I am forced to go back in my pessimistic clamshell and think of ways things can go wrong.
Magikarp survives with 1hp due to the Focus Band and uses Flail. That's why.

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Based on the society the manga, tooru behavior its like if you were black in the 50's .. since things seem to escalate even to physical violence so its not just simple bullying.

Now about his feelings, I don't think he is being tsundere, its just they are tiny you seen the size of the arrow.. tho I liked the arrow concept, I don't like that it has ONLY ONE arrow.. I think its too naive to think a person can only "love" a single person.. but anyway.

Is there something yea... but is that enough for him? for her? for someone that can put himself into someone elses shoes, its easy enough to guess.. that she would be "fine" with him till he grew to like her more..
but then you get all iris-zero bullshit, and his feelings might not even grow, and that is just tension building.. till things might just break..

He has affection for her but not girlfriend, i want to snuggle you all night kinda way..

more.. I want to talk to you, have a good time and not worry way

Edited by Irecinius, 14 March 2012 - 06:02 PM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Based on the society the manga, tooru behavior its like if you were black in the 50's .. since things seem to escalate even to physical violence so its not just simple bullying.

In some ways it could even be worse, since he can't really associate with anyone else. The number of people around his age without an Iris are so few that there haven't even been any others in the manga.

Now about his feelings, I don't think he is being tsundere, its just they are tiny you seen the size of the arrow.. tho I liked the arrow concept, I don't like that it has ONLY ONE arrow.. I think its too naive to think a person can only "love" a single person.. but anyway.

I don't disagree but has it actually been established that there can only be one arrow? I mean I don't think anyone supporting the harem concept has arrived yet :D But yeah, the characters are actually getting sectioned off into couples somewhat, are they not?

I think it's jumping the gun to think that because there's a 'new kid' that Toru is going to feel alone and emo, let's let it progress past "there is a new person" before getting to predictions like that.