Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who is Kasumi?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
Who is Kasumi? Alien or friend?

RaZi3l

RaZi3l

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Alien ;p

Mim

Mim

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
i think both
potato_high_school.jpg

leonne

leonne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Spoiler

Edited by leonne, 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

kf4mrv

kf4mrv

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Altough this thread was started a year ago, the timeline details in chap 17 seem to reinforce the theory that Kasumi is the [Alternative] "soul" manifestation of Sumika.

<Ka> Su Mi <Ka>

The name/age/appearance differences could easily be attributted to the genetic details of her "creation" in the Alternative program to create ESPers.

michaelman90

michaelman90

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Altough this thread was started a year ago, the timeline details in chap 17 seem to reinforce the theory that Kasumi is the [Alternative] "soul" manifestation of Sumika.

<Ka> Su Mi <Ka>

The name/age/appearance differences could easily be attributted to the genetic details of her "creation" in the Alternative program to create ESPers.

Close, but not quite (I came to a similar conclusion when I was playing the game). You've still got probably 20+ chapters to go before you learn the truth, though. If you don't mind spoilers...

Spoiler

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Close, but not quite (I came to a similar conclusion when I was playing the game). You've still got probably 20+ chapters to go before you learn the truth, though. If you don't mind spoilers...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Yuusha OtakUub

Yuusha OtakUub

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

To add further to what was explained before. Kasumi job is

Spoiler
This is all explained a bit before the Sadogashima Attack/Christmass arc but it'll be 20 or so chapters before we get to it in the manga with the rate it's going.

Though I have to admit the manga is a lot more... ecchi than the light novel. Especially with the latest chapter (20). Hehe, boobies.

KaazaLite

KaazaLite

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

The "creator" of the BETA is not a "he," its pretty much stated to be a silicon-based civilization. The BETA are analogous to "machines" made by this civilization with the purpose of gathering resources. Whether this civlization still exist or not is unknown, but their creations continue to procreate and infest the universe base on their original programing. The goal of the "Alternative" universe after the end of the viusal novel was to get in contact with this civlization since they are at least intellegent beings and can be reasoned with so peace can be established. The BETA only act in accordance with their programing so they cannot be reasoned with.

The creator civilization of the BETA is probably already gone, which meant there was no one to regulate the BETA anymore, allowing them to infest the universe to the ridiculous degree that they have.