Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion etc.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
OK, so it's chapter five and . . . wha? Was that a memory resurfacing? And a dramatically disturbing one, seeming to turn her relationship with her brother on its head. Interesting developments. Also, "sister complex"? She's getting a thing for him--does he have a thing for her too? Did she turn him down in the past?

That ex-"friend" of hers, Chika, is a complete fool. She was doing fine--Shiori wasn't interested in the guy and had cut off the relationship. She was absolutely fine with blessing Chika going after the guy; she wasn't in the way. But she just had to go badmouthing her and being nasty. Fine, she wanted revenge, although it's a bit pointless against someone who doesn't remember what they did. But it's stupid--the main thing is she loves the guy, right? If there's one thing that could shoot down her chances with the guy, it's seeming nasty and mean-spirited about the girl he's trying to get over. She'd have been way better off keeping on seeming like the good friend, maybe not quite as close but not obviously dumping her.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well I think the brother loves her, why else would that one girl on the phone say, that they will straighten him out of his sister complex?!
well Chika badmouthed Shiori because she didn´t need her anymore, I mean she wanted to be "good" friends with her because she was going out with that guy (forgot his name).
I have the feeling that the impression the guy had of Shiori was different to how she was, so I think thats why Chika is trying to badmouth her, so that he would think that Shiori was a really bad person.
also there has to be a reason why Maa-chan doesn´t like Shiori, I mean even if Shiori badmouthed her they are still sisters and after such a accident she would have changed her attitude but there seems to be something else we don´t know about.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
It sure seems as if Shiori treated Maa-chan like crap over a long period, and was never there when anyone might have needed her. Even if suddenly she's all "I don't remember any of that", it's going to be hard to treat her like a whole new person, hard to trust that she won't let you down again. But there could have been something big as well.

But Chika is still being stupid. Yes, I see what she's trying to do, but she's a fool to imagine it would work. She probably never even really thought it would, she just couldn't help herself--she knows the guy still likes Shiori more than he likes her, and reasonably enough she can't stand it. But that's exactly why it can't work--if a girl badmouths the girl a guy loves, he won't want to hear it, won't want to believe it, and so he won't. He'll quite likely turn against her. Even if he does believe it, he'll hate to, it'll make him upset, and so he might still turn against her just for making him feel like that. Badmouthing the guy's crush is a recipe for backlash. If she actually is bad news a person can hope time and other things that come up let him find out; if she isn't, person just has to be patient and captivating--time, experiences together, hot sex and so on will make him forget the old flame--as long as she doesn't do stupid things that poison the relationship. She can admit that she's jealous, though--just as long as that's how she puts it, "I'm jealous" not "She's a *****". He'll love that she's jealous, that she loves him enough to be jealous. That'll make him feel protective and ego-boosted. He just won't like her telling him what to do or badmouthing someone he likes.
I do think the guy had not much idea what Shiori was really like--he was blinded by her looks and . . . the old Shiori seems to have had a certain panache, a brash charisma that was kind of captivating, and come to that, the guy was the type who probably likes that sort. He actually doesn't seem to like the new her nearly as much. But still, I think he had no idea what a catty manipulative b . . . rat she was pre-memory-loss.

Lunawingz

Lunawingz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Well it looks like Maa-chan couldn't forgive someone who couldn't be by her dad's side when he died. I guess it'd have stung quite abit had I been in her place. Then again, what happened between Mizuki and Shiori?? What the hell did Mizuki do that Shiori couldn't go to the hospital because she was there? :/ I can't even come up with any possible situations.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
Yeah, I'm really wondering about that too. Whatever it was, seems like it really pissed old-Shiori off beyond all restraint.

myss.tris

myss.tris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

This latest chapter, I think Dai-chan is bluffing to see if Shiori is serious about getting her memories back. I can't see him as a lustful horny jerk right now since he's the only guy so far (besides Kai & Co.) who has been pretty straight up honest with her. It might just be hopeful thinking but if he really is testing the waters, I want to see what shiori does. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Chapter 19 was actually released by JShoujo yesterday, I saw that on MU, but there seems to be some problem with their website, I've been trying since then and  can't get on it at all..............somehow or other mangahere got the chapter and uploaded it today though. 

Well, it looks like it's only their main site page that's messed up, the chapter can still be accessed by going straight to their reader..........

http://www.jshoujoscan.com/UberReader/reader/read/six_half/en/4/19/page/1

Edited by svines85, 01 July 2013 - 05:29 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)

Well A-Chan's explanation about the whole thing makes sense.   Shiori does love A-Chan but has decided to let that go.   In fact, I think she really wants to put distance between them now, mostly because of A-Chan's slut who obviously knew that Shiori loved him and must have done something in the past that hurt Shiori.     Shiori getting weird because of her parents makes sense too.   She was probably looking for someone to love her.    And now finally at least Kai confesses.   I think he does really love her so that might be better.  

Edited by inzaratha, 02 December 2013 - 12:59 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well A-Chan's explanation about the whole thing makes sense.   Shiori does love A-Chan but has decided to let that go.   In fact, I think she really wants to put distance between them now, mostly because of A-Chan's slut who obviously knew that Shiori loved him and must have done something in the past that hurt Shiori.     Shiori getting weird because of her parents makes sense too.   She was probably looking for someone to love her.    And now finally at least Kai confesses.   I think he does really love her so that might be better.  

Yeah I agree, I've been waiting for Kai to actually come clean and be honest.........though in all fairness to him as well.........the situation almost everyone has found themselves in because of her memory loss is one that would be difficult for just about anyone to handle with any degree of comfort. Having someone you've known well simply changing almost completely overnight isn't really something there's a guide book for. :D

Though I'm still somewhat torn about ........ah well, what's her name, A-Chan's girlfriend (hey, it's been a long time without a release, I've forgotten some of it XD)........I'm just not sure about her motivations back then. Sure she liked A-chan and her actions resulted in Shiori becoming even more alienated from her family............but I'm not sure she meant for that to happen. Shiori was pretty harsh back then by all accounts, it might have just happened that way and Shiori's anger/resentment of her  might not have been entirely justified. 

Tn7HA0h.png