Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

last movie you watched

• Please log in to reply
2261 replies to this topic

GiantMarimo

GiantMarimo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Last movie I watched was Arrival. It wasn't so bad; tentacle aliens coming to earth

teaching us a new language and humans fighting over dumb shit trying to kill ourselves. Stereotypical humans.

I disliked Finding Dory.

There was a scene where Dory has to go into the drains and find her way to quarantine, and she couldn't remember the directions (2 left and a right). So she called on her friends for help - there was a pen pal (pipe pal) who is giant whale, who knows a beluga who can used sonar. So the whale translated her locations and beluga used the sonar to guide her to where she wanted.

And it got me thinking, this is exactly why people send their kids to private school! Most fishes aren't heavy weights like whales, or have super powers like belugas. So Dory is very lucky. She's like one of those special lottery students who got into elite boarding schools like Philips Exeter, and made critical connections when she was young. So everyone who can afford it send their kids to private school, leaving poor people in connection-less public schools.

Oh god honestly I felt like Disney just wanted to make another movie out of Finding Nemo just to load up their bank accounts.
That movie was so bad I was struggling to stay awake. I think I fell asleep for a good 30 minutes.

scarletsaber

scarletsaber

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFantasy World
Last movie i watched was SING - 7/10 for me
Its quite funny

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Das finstere Tal (2014) - 8/10; german western but taking place in germany o: fun winter revenge stuff with some ugh gory scenes and retrospections
Riddick (2013) - 8.5/10; thought I had watched it but apparently not. fun riddick stuff; why monsters disappear or give up at times tho? seems like it's either not explained or I've missed the explanation

Belphégor - Le fantôme du Louvre (2001) - 8.5/10; silly special effects and the beginning part but it gets better

Men in Black 3 (2012) - 8/10; didn't have high expectations but it turned out to be good

80 milionów (2011) - didn't like it

Lucky Number Slevin (2006) - 8.5/10; the ending was kinda predictable tho?
Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot (1953) - got bored to death .-.
Rien a Déclarer (2010) - 8.5/10; some lul
Nevada Smith (1966) - 6.75/10; me not likey the protagonist... or maybe it is the actor?
The Million Dollar Hotel (2000) - meh

Hanna (2011) - 7/10; violence a bit too graphic; the killing-machine-learns-about-life felt fake

Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls (2008) - ugh...
Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach (2009) - 6.5/10; ._.
Battle: Los Angeles (2011) - 7.5/10; expected it to suck, turned out to be quite nice
Date Night (2010) - 7.75/10;
Rewatched Le pacte des loups (2001) - 8.75/10;

Crocodile Dundee 2 (1988) - 8.5/10; I've apparently never watched it before O:
Tried to watch Flickan som lekte med elden (2009), but couldn't stomach it
Vikingdom (2013) - lul @ speshul effects, but stopped watching after ~15 minutes
Mars Attacks! (1996) - 7.75/10; it's like everyone in it is to some degree famous o: a nice social commentary
Jack Hunter and the Lost Treasure of Ugarit (2008) - 7.5/10; better, longer, and more dramatic than I expected
Bad Girls (1994) - 7.75/10;

O živej vode (1987) - 8.75/10; lots of hilarious acting despite the overall dark vibe

Firecreek (1967) - 8.25/10; weird town
Harrison: Cry of the City (1995) - 7.5/10; interesting protagonist choice

The Score (2001) - 8.5/10;

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

In & Out (1997) - 7/10; kinda amusing
Snake Eyes (1998) - 7/10; disappointing; the credits song feels out of place
Życie raz jeszcze (1964) - 8/10; somewhat confusing
Blackjacks (2014) - 5.75/10; lolwut
Three Amigos (1986) - 6.75/10; a.k.a. three famous comedy actors; I think I'd have liked it more if I had watched it when I was younger
Rewatched Get Smart (2008) - 8.5/10;
Wuthering Heights (1992) - 8.25/10; something I've been hearing about throughout my life without actually having any idea what it is about
Největší pecivál na světě (1982) - 8.5/10; why is it that czechoslovakian movies seem good whereas czech ones seem boring and slovakian ones seem nonexistent?
Under New Management (2009) - 6.75/10; interesting premise but the execution is somewhat bland
Bad Eggs (2003) - meh
Schlaflos in Istanbul (2014) - 7.25/10; the fashion show was unrealistic - models were smiling; lol @ final scene
21 (2008) - 7/10;
Taxi Driver (1976) - 5/10; watched with expectations of some vigilante action so having to get through all that psychological drama and failed flirting/dating attempts of the protagonist and then more psychological drama was tiresome; also boring political election stuff in the background
Il camorrista (1986) - 6.75/10; seems to be a good movie, but I didn't enjoy how brutal everything was
Shanghai Surprise (1986) - 7/10; missed the first part of the movie, but still a quite pleasant watch
Sing (2016), twice - 9/10; was expecting it to be meh, then it got better, then I fell in love with it; also the first time I coincidentally got the movie ticket for free.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

i dont know

i dont know

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

gran torino 9/10

truly inspiring 

i am dying,  might as well take the people i hate down with me

made me laugh how vicious that old man was

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Makoto Shinkai's "Your Name" [Kimi no Na wa]

I don't think I've ever given a movie a 10/10. This would be my first. It's seriously that good.
I don't remember crying from a movie either. This got me crying on the inside [and that counts in my book]

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

Mangachan

Mangachan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
La la land. 💃💃There is something absolutely hope-inspiring about watching a guy and a girl working hard for their dreams and falling in love at the same time in musical dramtic setting 😇😢.... I was positively vomiting rainbows and butterflies after 2/3 of the film had passed. 🙄🙄 It was nice since it reminded people how great it feels when you have dreams that you are working your a** off for but if you happen to have had a dream that simply didn't come to be ....well that just sucks for you m8.
Anyway.... I give this film 6/10. I would have given it a higher score if not for the ending!
I don't want to go into details because I don't want to spoil more than I already did. 😂😂😂
I recommend that you go watch it , if you're into any of the following;
Emma stone and how gorgeous she looks in that blue dress❤️
Ryan Gosling 😍😍
Both of the above together
Films that add salt to your wounds (as in MCs working hard and making their dream come true when you can't 😂)
Great music
Sweet bordering on cringy moments between MCs🙄
Dancing hot girls that have great legs every now and then.
John legend

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Drive. definite case of style over substance. 

i dont know

i dont know

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

dr strange 

one of the worst movies ever made, i couldn't watch more than like 10 minutes

Crux

Crux

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationE-Arth

Resident Evil Final Chapter

Literally just watch these movies for Milla. She's hot for being so skinny.

The movie was ass. Milla could use some.

Edited by Crux, 18 March 2017 - 08:12 PM.

b0DTh4.gif

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Beauty and the Beast

I thoroughly enjoyed it -- I'm totally into these kinds of romance stories in a fantasy setting. It had a lot of music in it, and while some of the songs were okay, I absolutely loved some others. I didn't even feel like leaving the movie theatre until my friends forced me to. I had a broad smile on my face at the end of it, something that doesn't happen very often. (:

Edit: 10/10 if I had to give it a rating.

Edited by sjoe, 21 March 2017 - 03:48 AM.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
The Negro Soldier.

I saw it because it was called The Negro Soldier. We found it randomly on Netflix and I insisted on seeing it, just because.

It's a super old black and white movie on 40 minutes, dealing with some events between 1800-1900, in particular the wars and the black people's role in it all. I guess it was all okay, for being what it was.

UIqflpq.jpg

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
Rewatched Znachor (1982) - 9.5/10;
Circus Maximus (2015) (polish short) - 8.75/10; yay familiar (comedy) face (in a non-comedy movie)
En Duva satt pa en gren och funderade pa tillvaron (2014) - 7/10; half of it meh, half of it from so-so to nice
A Quiet Passion (2016) - booooring + annoying heroine
Awakenings (1990) - ~8/10; too much drama ;-;
Secretary (2002) - 8.75/10; ... is this what 50 shades of gray is a blatant, inferior ripoff of? .-.
Grey Owl (1999) - 7.75/10; lul @ brosnan; veeeery peaceful with even the bit of drama stuff getting cleared out immediately; beavers inside
La Méthode Greenberry (2016) (french short) - 8.75/10; lulz
Little Big Man (1970) - 8.5/10; surprisingly good; lots of comedy parts and supposedly about vietnam
Die Abenteuer des Baron von Münchhausen (1988) - 8.25/10; weirdly weird; similar to neverending story and akademia pana kleksa; there seems to be a prequel-something movie to this that I probably should watch
Major Dundee (1965) - 7?/10; nice personal conflicts bits, not really interesting battle bits
Sleeping Beauty (1987) - 8/10; yay musical
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (2012) - asylum/10; sucks
The Reckoning (2003) - 5.75/10; nice characterisation stuff but didn't like the story nor the protagonist
The Limey (1999) - 7.25/10; something something daughter deded and father looking for mafia and stuff
Hidden Camera (2007) - meh; something about north koreans (not) making almost exact dollah replicas with only a few missing pixels in one letter's corner to tell them apart
Mercury Rising (1998) - 8.25/10; dat creepy horror music whenever the kid is solving some logic puzzle
Australian Terminator in Amurica, a.k.a. Robocroc (2013) - lul/10; one of actors even looks like robert patrick; crazy evil woman scientist, ketchup, croc vs choppa scene and having to EMP it twice
Thor (2011) - miiiight be because it's a 110% cgi/action movie and I'm rarely in mood for these, but didn't like it much; the initial part is so dark that you can't see anything, most gags weren't to my taste (I can see ppl finding them amusing tho and they probably lost some funny-word-choice-in-this-particular-language magic with translation), some obligatory hollywood romance insert that I only noticed because of loki(?) accusing thor of becoming weak bcs of luv; the only interesting fight was in the tunnels around the hammer early on
The Butler (2013) - the beginning too sad ;-;
Rewatched Man of War (1994)
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003) - 6.5/10; animation's not bad, but yucky dialogues (or maybe it was dub making them unbearable (or both)); kinda like mulan (with looks of that el dorado movie) so it's a plus; sindbad is more of a gag character most of the time (except when cutscene incompetence hits the heroine)
The Maiden Heist (2009) - 6.5/10; so-so
The Karate Kid (2010) - 8.75/10; crazy school and crazy kids (and what's with teh main kid being told that orange uniform is only for speshul occasions but in like all following scenes everyone except him wears it); looks much more brutal than your average kung fu movie o: also dat "I am disappoint" look @ the gaga dance; omg for once a recognisable ringtone; certainly good enough to make me skip an episode of Poirot
Priest (2011) - 7-ish/10; lulshitcringefrenchesqueplot; some nice costumes and cyberpunk+madmax vibes; cool action scenes too (if suffering from overly chaotic camerawork at times)
The Other Woman (2014) - 4/10; what kind of a woman would vomit into her bag instead of anywhere else around her? .-. rather boring
It's a Boy Girl Thing (2006) - 8.5/10; lulul with a moral
Bandyta (1997) - woah, Til Schweiger o: also not sure what to think of it .___. rather disturbing and very sad? .-. amazing and perfectly fitting soundtrack tho, listen to it now

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Na srebrnym globie (1977/1987) - it's... great and bad at the same time o: initially I was like, it's 2deep4me/pseudointellectual with overly dramatic monologues, and the montage and camerawork were terriburu, and some scenes were of reading the script against nature and subway sceneries, and I had to figure out the initial plot from external sources, but then it started becoming interesting, costumes and imagery got better and more elaborate, and the dramatism started growing on me; from behind-the-scenes stuff, the filming was in 70s but then the commie government stopped it, destroyed props and banned finishing it or showing it anywhere (someone told me they saw strongs anti-commie hints in dialogues, so it may has been the reason, or maybe it's a case of the government seeing the movie's ideology stuff as opposing their own ideals), the author had to leave the country and only finished it ~10 years later (with some material being irreversibly destroyed or lost forever by then); also some surprising choice of having some actors being dubbed by other actors that was done well enough that you wouldn't notice; plot: few astronauts crash on another planet, two survive, settle down by the sea, their children dun want to learn so further generations get stupider and stupider, and eventually the last surviving astronaut gets labelled as "the old (hu)man" and they form a religion around him. he gets a bit crazy and reclusive and films various events with a camera pov (before blair witch made it cool), and in the distant future some other astronauts come to the planet and encounter western indians who consider them messiahs and at one point indians find an object that fell from teh sky and it turns out to be an old satellite that contained the recordings of the old man astronaut guy; there's also some stuff about actual winged cyclopes aliens that fight with indian-settlers (and maybe even enslave them at some point), and the future astronauts deciding to save the settlers from the aliens; various scenes reminding me of dune, mad max, naboo from star wars, zeno clash game, the wheel of time and some other things I can't pinpoint, but with the movie being older than almost all of these and it apparently being based on a sci-fi trilogy from the beginning of the 20th century, it's a big update to my "who did what when first" archetype list; if you liked any of the older amurican sci-fi/post-apo movies then it should be a fun watch too

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Na srebrnym globie (1977/1987) - it's... great and bad at the same time o: initially I was like, it's 2deep4me/pseudointellectual with overly dramatic monologues, and the montage and camerawork were terriburu, and some scenes were of reading the script against nature and subway sceneries, and I had to figure out the initial plot from external sources, but then it started becoming interesting, costumes and imagery got better and more elaborate, and the dramatism started growing on me; from behind-the-scenes stuff, the filming was in 70s but then the commie government stopped it, destroyed props and banned finishing it or showing it anywhere (someone told me they saw strongs anti-commie hints in dialogues, so it may has been the reason, or maybe it's a case of the government seeing the movie's ideology stuff as opposing their own ideals), the author had to leave the country and only finished it ~10 years later (with some material being irreversibly destroyed or lost forever by then); also some surprising choice of having some actors being dubbed by other actors that was done well enough that you wouldn't notice; plot: few astronauts crash on another planet, two survive, settle down by the sea, their children dun want to learn so further generations get stupider and stupider, and eventually the last surviving astronaut gets labelled as "the old (hu)man" and they form a religion around him. he gets a bit crazy and reclusive and films various events with a camera pov (before blair witch made it cool), and in the distant future some other astronauts come to the planet and encounter western indians who consider them messiahs and at one point indians find an object that fell from teh sky and it turns out to be an old satellite that contained the recordings of the old man astronaut guy; there's also some stuff about actual winged cyclopes aliens that fight with indian-settlers (and maybe even enslave them at some point), and the future astronauts deciding to save the settlers from the aliens; various scenes reminding me of dune, mad max, naboo from star wars, zeno clash game, the wheel of time and some other things I can't pinpoint, but with the movie being older than almost all of these and it apparently being based on a sci-fi trilogy from the beginning of the 20th century, it's a big update to my "who did what when first" archetype list; if you liked any of the older amurican sci-fi/post-apo movies then it should be a fun watch too

jeez, what happened to short and simple :P

aovnZo7.png

Meimeii

Meimeii

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNetherland
The last movie I watched was about sharks I forgot the movie title (booo! lame!) but there were like 8/9 people trapped inside the store when an earthquake happened and then a tsunami striked afterwards, so they were trapped with 7ft. shark fighting for their lives. It was terrifying for me coz' I hate sea/ oceans, lake, whatever it is as long as it is beyond 5 feet, and so on. That shit freaks me out. Σ( ° △ °|||)︴

Cheer up! It's just a bad day not a bad life!

Don't worry, be happy.  :batoto_023:  :batoto_021:

87ceeb

87ceeb

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMalang

Captain America : The First Avenger / Winter Soldier / Civil War

Spiderman : Homecoming 

and just this day , The Hobbits trilogy . 

Truth is something to be conjured , seeked , shared , confirmed , or sometimes just given to us , with or without condition . And sometimes it take hundreds of years to confirm 1 single truth . 

marse.speaks

marse.speaks

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hirunaka no Ryuusei - There's a lot of cute scenes from the manga that wasn't adapted, but, of course, it's only a 2-hr movie so it's expected. I think Nagano Mei managed to pull off Suzume. Yamamoto Maika's quite a good Yuyuka, too, IMO. Miura Shohei was an adorable Shishio, but it's saddening that the movie wasn't able to show Shishio's frustratingly complicated feelings. Shirahama Alan's Mamura was all right (but still can't help but wish it was Sakaguchi Kentaro who got the role). Overall, it's an enjoyable movie for me. I hope the series will get an anime adaptation, too.

Faederwulf

Faederwulf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

The new Bladerunner film. It was good, but paled in comparison to the first film.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

A whole bunch of short films too numerous to list! One of these days I'll post them here, but there were a couple I really liked - 

The Suitors, story about radio, Orson Wells, and love in appocalypse

Story about yankee catcher who turned spy, sneaked into Tokyo for goodwill games and took pictures 

3000 - the name of the film is dedicated to the people in Greece who committed suicide since 2012 when austerity was imposed. Now increased to 5000. About a guy who got cancer and his best friend trying to make money by working for the local gangster. 

From here - story about a small town suicide, sister-mother relationships. Not my thing though.

It's Drizziling. A Taiwanese film about three teenagers - two guys and a gal, who tried to extort money from a grocery clerk to raise the gal's money. Life of the underclass isn't good

Gorilla - a stunt man who is given the small time role of a gorilla falls for the starlet and gives a once-in-a-lifetime performance. Very humorous. 

Taking Flight - Pixar level animated short about a speedwagon. Kinda like a technical demo of wizardry more than plot.  

Immacuate Misconception - Irish girl certified to be a virgin is pregnant. Catholic church gets involved, Cardinal from Rome visits... 

Since last year's was so good I went to check out this year's and it was meh

Chicago Tocata in D : musical with time-lapsed city lights in the background; 

Marz : Rap artist from the hood who is secretly gay and breaks up with his long time bro

Lockdown - about murican high school student's suicide by copy using a plastic gun to fake a school shooting

Sweet maddie stone - Irish problem girl, due to circumstances, gets into suspension, gets into a fight; the comparison with the US one above shows interesting cultural differences

Spinosaurus - about sister taking care of brother with some kind of mental retardation, trying to prevent his brother from knowing that his mom has abandoned them

Piano - the plight of Syrian trying to repair / sell a Hoffman piano, 

Rabbit punch - Refugee story about congolese suffering ostracization from his classmates, abused by his PTSD father, runs away from home 

Weekends - fantasy story about a child's perception of spending weekends at newly divorced parents

Shy guys - pee-shy men talking about their deepest insecurities, no homo

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 11 December 2017 - 05:48 PM.