Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

question and suggestion about comic status

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

booknik

booknik

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Looking through the site I am finding several manga marked completed. However, these works are either not completely scanlated or the complete series are not loaded. I finally figured out that the status reflects the status in origin country. Is this indeed what is meant to be or is it suppose to reflect if the site carries the complete work. To me complete when the site does not have the complete work doesn't make sense. I have to check other sites to see if what I'm seeing on this site really reflects the completed works. Also my habit is to stop following works and rate works when I've finished them. I now am trying to find all the works that I stopped following but which I haven't read the fully because they aren't really complete on this site. If it is indeed policy to show status in origin country and there are no plans to change this policy, it would be nice if the "status" line was clarified to reflect what it is really showing (status in origin country) so that future users won't have the trouble I have had.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
So you are saying add two status one for:
Country of orgin
Scanaltion status

I think this is a good idea and it it confusing for people like you said and I do agree to this I was confused before but like you I figured it out and this Is something grumpy has to think about so let's see what he says

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

p3pe

p3pe

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 389 posts
  • LocationChurabhaya
The status on comic page is status of scanlation.

Actually, "Complete" and "Ongoing" should refer to a titles scanlation status, and not it's publication status.

The thing is, sometimes even though the scanlation is complete, the manga might be not complete on batoto, due to various reasons, especially if the series done by multiple groups, and one/more of the scanlator doesn't allow rehosting. So maybe there are few chapters missing. Sometimes the contributor/admin inform this on the comic page/comments, but I think mostly not.
It can be confusing, I agree.Thus I always check with mangaupdates too.

Edited by p3pe, 11 December 2011 - 08:01 AM.

My avatar is taken from this pixiv user: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=35996065 ♥

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Batoto should ONLY carry scanlation status (with regards to Batoto). If you find false information, you should change them. ^_^

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
I think it's fine to reflect completed series as completed even if they have missing chapters as long as those missing are somewhere in the middle or at the start due to scanlation group policies. I believe that most would use the completed/ongoing status to refer to whether the latest chapter for the manga is the end of the manga or not.
on another note, should this topic not be under general comic hosting stuff instead? If you consider it as a discussion/confirmation of the status found on the manga information page.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

on another note, should this topic not be under general comic hosting stuff instead? If you consider it as a discussion/confirmation of the status found on the manga information page.

Yes. Moved.

Edit: I just noticed that Grumpy moved this from the suggestion forum to the QA forum. This is probably because he treats it as a QA problem, because incorrect scanlation status is a problem that needs to be fixed. Anyway, I moved it to General because it's more of a question, and now I'm too lazy to bounce this thread back a third time to a different forum :P
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

booknik

booknik

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Thank you for the clarifications but that leaves part of the problem of ones that reflect origin country status. I've only corrected Verdant Lord and Underdog but I've seen some others. I only double check works I'm interested in and only if I have reason to believe there might be more (suspicions that are sometimes right sometimes wrong given how some series end).

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
I didn't move it...

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

I didn't move it...

Actually I moved it... and forgot to say why. (from Batoto Support to QA)

I deemed it to be QA since it wasn't a problem with the site itself but rather the issue with incorrect information entered as a main focus of the thread (because it was made in Batoto Support)
Also since:

Batoto should ONLY carry scanlation status (with regards to Batoto). If you find false information, you should change them. ^_^

had been said before, I didn't think it needed further discussion.