Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Naver translate plugin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CrashedBrain

CrashedBrain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hello!

Some years ago someone created a browser script to directly translate some of the comics by Naver directly on their page. It worked something like html injections or overimposing the english text on the comic baloons. It was only for a couple of manhwas, I used it for Kubera I think

It was a good idea since you still had to go to the original comic webpage and you were giving views (i.e. author support) to the page.

Now it does not seem to work anymore. Does someone knows if that project is still working/someone is keeping it updated?

I would really like to follow the new manhwa by Ha Il-kwon (God of Bath, Afterschool war activities, Annarasumanara) but I doubt there is any scanlators team that is covering that...

Can someone help?

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

I still have a js widget in my menu bar for "Overtooning".  Just tried it on Kubera chapter S3ep3 and it worked.  Haven't tried it on my recent stuff.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Yup, just google "overtoon script". FWIW I'm actually using these instructions which are different than the ones google points me to. However google might be pointing to the more convenient-to-use version TBH.

I've been using to read (recent!) translations of Super Secret chapters (since I can't stand the whitewashing of names the official translation on Webtoons.com has, it's like going back to living with 90's era anime-dubs).

I'm pretty sure it only works with a handful of series, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Edited by pokari, 12 January 2018 - 07:18 AM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

http://babokim-scans.ddns.net:9001/p/r.74c75762216421fe02843be5edd86cf0