Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

After rereading this serie I still ended up...

Spoilers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Revassin

Revassin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

So I quit reading during the TV comedy arc, I mean when he is with NMB, because the translation kinda stalled. But I was still interested what happend to our favo crossdresser so I started rereading it from the beginning when I saw that translation were ongoing. So after restarting this serie I still ended up being so disappointed with a lot of things that happend after the &jewel/maya arc. 

So I am curious I am the only on that felt that the author could have done things better after &jewel/maya arc? All the excitement I felt in the first few arc's was just lost in later ones. I just didn't feel the tension or amazement at what they achieved during those earlier arcs in the new ones. The arcs after &jewel/maya were just stale. I never actually felt that there was any progressing towards them becoming beter idols except for that one moment when Minori & Yoshinaga learned to dance beter. They also focused on other AKB members with a few short chapters but those members aren't relevant after those chapters so why introduce them to the story at all? Atsuko, Takamina & Yuko were obviously the most prominent and interesting side/supporting characters and the focus should have stayed on them or on our main characters Minori, Yoshinaga & Okabe.

I also felt that the finale battle for top 8 spot was really weird.

Spoiler

Overall I felt the author drop the ball on the main storyline, I love the characters but the overall story just went downhill. I also read through a few posts on the Final Chapter Discussion (without spoiling myself too much) I see that a lot of ppl were disappointed with the ending (Ending spoilers follow:). 
Spoiler

So I kinda feel conflict whether I should finish reading this now once the last chapters are out

Spoiler

Also wanted to remark that this is still one of my favo mangas (from what I read so far :P) but I just feel like it could have been beter thought out.
Curious to know the thoughts of other readers so plz comment.

EDIT: Just noticed from around chapter 230ish Minoru & Yoshinaga have Elf ears??? whats up with that :S

Edited by Revassin, 13 December 2017 - 06:10 PM.