Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Extended TL Notes: Chapter 26

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Nuwang

Nuwang

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts

This is the second to last chapter of the volume! I'm hype. Are you? Here's the notes:

Baramos

DQIII_Baramos.png

So yeah, this is Baramos. Main antagonist of Dragon Quest III, though I admit I've never played myself. One of his stated goals is to "plunge the world into darkness," which helps fit that one boy's yells into context.

Shōnan

Like mentioned in the chapter, region of the coast of Sagami Bay, home to long beaches and mild climates.There's a bit of history on it as well on Wikipedia.

Gacha

If you've played almost any big mobile game that came from Japan (Puzzle and Dragons, Love Live, Fate GO, etc) you should already be familiar with Gacha. You spend some currency, "roll" for a card, a monster, what have you, and are typically disappointed by what comes out. It comes from "Gashapon," a sort of vending machine-dispensed capsule toy in real life. Further reading here.

And that's all from me. We've only got one chapter left. Hopefully there'll be things to take note on, otherwise I'll see you in Volume 4!

Edited by Nuwang, 10 November 2017 - 07:56 PM.