Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

for those Peps who's shitting around about this new update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

kimchi

kimchi

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts
Spoiler

Someone PM me about subby new chap , and wow , what a surprise . they went toooo damn far this time ,

i feel ashamed for defending them in the first time. and to think this thread went this far too.

in the beginning i tot they just some fan sub who's doin their first work for the first time , but what can i say . i just regret it and i cant take back those word .

Edited by kimchi, 18 December 2017 - 03:21 PM.

burntphoenix

burntphoenix

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

Criticism is not the same as hating or not appreciating something. Criticism is important, if Subby reads these comments he can get an idea of what to fix on the next chapter. Withholding all negative thoughts just because the person put a lot of work into a free service is just not what we should be doing. Most people are more than happy to read criticism to know what they should be fixing and improving in their works. Staying quiet about flaws in someone's work is far more insulting. Imagine you wanted to become a chef and made a dish for your friends. Instead of them telling you what you need to improve, they just stay quiet and not tell you how awful it is because they don't want to hurt your feelings. That's not something you'd want.

The one's I'm defending here are the ones with the constructive criticism, those saying it respectfully, or even not too respectfully but not meaning much offense. If there are people saying nothing constructive and are just being rude, then I won't defend them.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I just came from that comment section, and wow, that is some unbelievable bunch of bullshit.

I hope you folks never get another chapter of it, it'll be just what you all deserve.

Tn7HA0h.png

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWherever there is Internet

I just came from that comment section, and wow, that is some unbelievable bunch of bullshit.

I hope you folks never get another chapter of it, it'll be just what you all deserve.

Well, it's clear someone is incapable of taking any criticism, even when that criticism is directed at someone else.

I'm only posting to note that Bato.to admins went full authority crazy and locked the comments section lol. I wonder how long it'll take for this to get cleared up? Knowing Bato.to, I'm betting two weeks...probably longer, though.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, it's clear someone is incapable of taking any criticism, even when that criticism is directed at someone else.

I'm only posting to note that Bato.to admins went full authority crazy and locked the comments section lol. I wonder how long it'll take for this to get cleared up? Knowing Bato.to, I'm betting two weeks...probably longer, though.

Oh, did Subby-D Scanlations ask you for some kind of a critique? I saw your comment, you like those sorts of things over on your scanlations site? I'll  sure as heck bet you don't.

So, what did they say when you contacted them privately and offered your obviously prodigious scanlations skills in support? I mean  surely your first response wasn't a public lambasting of someone who had just given you something you wanted, was it? Nobody's that completely asinine, are they?

Oh, and I (for one at least) went and reported that comment section earlier today, I'm glad it was closed down, it's exactly what you (specifically) and everyone else there who doesn't know how to read deserve.

Fo9tN2t.jpg

Tn7HA0h.png

GasTheWeebs762

GasTheWeebs762

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Oh, did Subby-D Scanlations ask you for some kind of a critique? I saw your comment, you like those sorts of things over on your scanlations site? I'll  sure as heck bet you don't.

So, what did they say when you contacted them privately and offered your obviously prodigious scanlations skills in support? I mean  surely your first response wasn't a public lambasting of someone who had just given you something you wanted, was it? Nobody's that completely asinine, are they?

Oh, and I (for one at least) went and reported that comment section earlier today, I'm glad it was closed down, it's exactly what you (specifically) and everyone else there who doesn't know how to read deserve.

lmao you gotta chill the fuck out man, what people don't like is that he added in his own cringey jokes, not that he didn't do a good enough job translating. But I doubt you could tell the difference since you sound like you're about to blow a fucking gasket  :lol: :lol: :lol:

CureTC

CureTC

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

Oh, did Subby-D Scanlations ask you for some kind of a critique? I saw your comment, you like those sorts of things over on your scanlations site? I'll sure as heck bet you don't.

If you honestly think criticism is bad then you're delusional. The chapter's scanlation is crap and likely a joke. Just because something is free doesn't mean it's void of any feedback.

Clearly you are. The previous chapter the person has released was from December 2016 and they've only done 3 chapters before that. What help would you offer to someone who doesn't do group work and clearly isn't invested? Stop trying to sound smart.

If this is something you're genuinely proud of, you need to take a good long look at your current life. 

Edit: A word.

Edited by CureTC, 11 November 2017 - 04:09 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

(why would you even come after some of this, you weren't in the comments so nobody was even talking to you...oh well, you asked for it)

Pfffft! Shoot, I was hoping someone who didn't come off sounding just as completely self-entitled as 98% of the people who were making those comments would reply.......foolish of me, I know. 

CureTC, you're a J to E translator then? Seeing as you're one of the main people who contributed to getting that comic locked, I ain't done with you. You sure act like you know a lot but I'm not hearing you say you've ever spoken to that scan group, or even tried to, so you don't have the slightest idea how active they are or under what different web names and with how many groups >_<

And yeah, I am proud if I helped stop a bunch of people hurting this site, and if you don't get that then it's you that needs to take a look at your own life and your failure to grasp values, civility, the concept of right and wrong and just plain old common sense.

You go read those rules and tell me how you've got even the tiniest leg to stand on here.

Tn7HA0h.png

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWherever there is Internet

When someone criticizes my scanlations, I check to see if the criticism is valid. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. What matters is if the criticism will make my scanlation better. If you're so insecure in your ability that you would rather denounce those few who point out valid criticisms, then you're one troubled person. I mean, if you have something like Borderline Personality Disorder or some other affliction that prevents you from admitting your own shortcomings, then it's completely understandable and I apologize for aggravating you.

Why do you keep mentioning talking to the scanlation group in question? Why is that important? We can track what they've done, and it's clear that the group is just trolling with those unnecessary edits.

As for the comment rules, I agree that we broke the rules. You'll probably spend a while lording over that bit, but I will cede that victory to you. I personally see nothing wrong with using the comments section for the things we mentioned, but you're right. We broke the rules.

Look, I'm a damn Korean to English translator. I also clean, proofread, and typeset my own projects. Criticism helps me. When I add jokes to my translations (like when I translated a phrase that was literally "Expressionless face" to "IDGAF face") I do this understanding that some may dislike my decision. And if anyone complains, do I go crazy and say that they're ungrateful? Of course not. I put hours and hours into my scans, and a critical comment or five does nothing to stop my passion for scanlating.

kimchi

kimchi

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 11 posts

Criticism is not the same as hating or not appreciating something. Criticism is important, if Subby reads these comments he can get an idea of what to fix on the next chapter. Withholding all negative thoughts just because the person put a lot of work into a free service is just not what we should be doing. Most people are more than happy to read criticism to know what they should be fixing and improving in their works. Staying quiet about flaws in someone's work is far more insulting. Imagine you wanted to become a chef and made a dish for your friends. Instead of them telling you what you need to improve, they just stay quiet and not tell you how awful it is because they don't want to hurt your feelings. That's not something you'd want.

The one's I'm defending here are the ones with the constructive criticism, those saying it respectfully, or even not too respectfully but not meaning much offense. If there are people saying nothing constructive and are just being rude, then I won't defend them.

Hello Burnt  thanks for ur comment. i agree that Criticism is not the same as hating or not appreciating something and also Criticism is important,

but what they did out there it's not q critique . it's trashing . long time ago when i release my first chap of some other manga scan , me too go lot of Criticism, but you know what , it's not something like comment board . they do a healthy criticism , they point out my mistake , they gave some thought on how it can be done or what the best way to worked on it,

i know that peps at internet have this"Freedom of speech, and i respect it . people can say what they want

TBH those posting got me , kinda sad and mad , that why i create this topic .

When someone criticizes my scanlations, I check to see if the criticism is valid. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. What matters is if the criticism will make my scanlation better. If you're so insecure in your ability that you would rather denounce those few who point out valid criticisms, then you're one troubled person. I mean, if you have something like Borderline Personality Disorder or some other affliction that prevents you from admitting your own shortcomings, then it's completely understandable and I apologize for aggravating you.

Why do you keep mentioning talking to the scanlation group in question? Why is that important? We can track what they've done, and it's clear that the group is just trolling with those unnecessary edits.

As for the comment rules, I agree that we broke the rules. You'll probably spend a while lording over that bit, but I will cede that victory to you. I personally see nothing wrong with using the comments section for the things we mentioned, but you're right. We broke the rules.

Look, I'm a damn Korean to English translator. I also clean, proofread, and typeset my own projects. Criticism helps me. When I add jokes to my translations (like when I translated a phrase that was literally "Expressionless face" to "IDGAF face") I do this understanding that some may dislike my decision. And if anyone complains, do I go crazy and say that they're ungrateful? Of course not. I put hours and hours into my scans, and a critical comment or five does nothing to stop my passion for scanlating.

alright dude , i know you got the point , every one take Criticism differently . we do want to gave Subby-D criticism to help him do better on his/her next release . i know also not all peps on  net is a good fella . if you do want to critique Subby-D do it by PM-ing him or something . it's will gave him a different impact or feel , i know lot of peps who try to do scan or stuff been treated like this, and they stop doing it , 

i know also this a harsh world to do, 

i just dont want grand blue being abandoned because he / she who doing it . got discourage after being treated like this.

also thank for your comment. let hope this Subby-D can swallow those harsh word so he / she can be better, i just dont like how Subby-D treated at comment section . 

CureTC

CureTC

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNew York

It still amazes me that nearly no one realizes that Subby-D does joke scanlations. They're not bad on accident. It's their first release in a year, and their previous one was just as mockingly bad.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
I dont know why people would actually accept this as a honest translation and are happy they got it. Stop taking the high road, this is meme garbage, the comment section shouldnt have been closed thanks to people who get triggered by the smallest thing and this deserves a good release from fallen angel scans, which i hooe srops soon

aovnZo7.png

Freestyle80

Freestyle80

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hope the comment section stays locked, bunch of privileged children here 

dont like it, then do it yourself

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

I really hate people who blame others for being entitled or privileged because they do not accept a meme translation as a proper translation. Helvetica has done this project, and since they quit they passed the torch to Fallen Angel scans, in close cooperation with some people from Helvetica. There is absolutely no need for a shitty sniper translation when a scan team with as much experience as Fallen Angel promised us a translation really soon. 

So take your "Omg be happy you actually get something scanlated, how dare u not be happy with a sniper meme translation, he put in a lot of effort, do it yourself!!!1111!!" and shove it somewhere where high roaders like u can enjoy it and where we dont have to see it

aovnZo7.png

Anonyan

Anonyan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Yeah, I've argued against the whole "you should appreciate everything done for free forever and always don't ever dare to even mention that something could possibly be improved" idea before, because that's stupid all by itself. Yeah, don't be rude about it of course, and a lot of people with valid complaints get shut down for being rude assholes, which they shouldn't do.

But anyone who dares to defend this group after chapter 40 is absolutely off their rocker. I don't know what's going through your head, but you've got some religious extremist levels of ideals if you still think people should lick the feet of fucking "Subby-D."

And yes, I'm sure they're not serious, this reeks of a joke scanlation by some fine memers, but don't you even try to say for one goddamn second that the releases being a joke means people should be grateful and comments should be locked because of people with more than reasonable complaints.

Oh but m-m-muh ruuules! Yeah those are way too strict and wide in scope to ever be meaningful for everything. By those rules, someone saying "hey, this is getting an anime, here's a link with details" ought to take it to the forums instead of his very relevant two-line comment, even though way more people read comments and never bother looking at forum topics. People take them way too seriously when they ought to be used to shut down extremely off-topic situations, and mods enforce them way too often whenever something bugs them personally.

If a manga has been running for months with the same scanlation group, and there's no change in quality, but there are five pages of comments talking about the scanlators for some reason, then sure, you can take your rule and justify shutting it down until people forget about it. (Because, as we all know, the best way to fix a situation is to just take all the toys away from the kids instead of teaching them to play nice, right?) After a chapter like this? No, fuck you, let the people say what they want, if the scanlators are allowed to shitpost like this then the readers ought to be allowed to respond in kind.

tl;dr: The people behind Subby-D did a damn good job in getting people mad, and I'd like to see more from them, but the reactions from people defending it like they deserve some sort of respect are spewing bullshit.

Edited by Anonyan, 11 December 2017 - 12:55 AM.

ayy lmao

Kiriha

Kiriha

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

You know what? I used to think that i wasted my precious time by learning Japanese. Thanks to this memetrans i realized it actually helped me having a proper standard to what i read. When push come to shove i can just read it in Japanese. I haven't read the new chapter by subb yet but judging by the other thread he's memeing again lul.
Also, no one isn't apreciating his translation effort. It's just that the bad (memes and shit) outweight the good part. And now that i checked the raw there's actually some mistranslation, inconsistency and other shits.

Anonyan

Anonyan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

You know what? I used to think that i wasted my precious time by learning Japanese. Thanks to this memetrans i realized it actually helped me having a proper standard to what i read. When push come to shove i can just read it in Japanese. I haven't read the new chapter by subb yet but judging by the other thread he's memeing again lul.
Also, no one isn't apreciating his translation effort. It's just that the bad (memes and shit) outweight the good part. And now that i checked the raw there's actually some mistranslation, inconsistency and other shits.

No, you don't understand, they did a thing so we have to worship the ground they walk on.

ayy lmao

Guest_mug3n_von_Kartoffel

Guest_mug3n_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Maybe the comments were a shitstorm because... someone did a meme bait translation in a highly popular series on hiatus until picked up.

Sure there are shitters in the comments and things have gone worse in recent years but this was downright mockery from Subby-D. If you are the type of person who likes getting pissed on his face and say it's raining and thank god for the rain, well, have a happy life but the rest of us don't have to comply just because he did a """release""".

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
Highroaders just got btfo and its glorious, thanks subby-d!

aovnZo7.png

kuraiaku

kuraiaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
So basically we're free to upload low quality chapters in Batoto? No quality control whatsoever? Mods will defend our trash translations? Yeay trolls give it your all! We got a free pass!

Remember the same sub also posted a chapter on https://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/ookami-shounen-wa-kyou-mo-uso-o-kasaneru-r14569and turned the dialogues into profanity fest.

Edited by kuraiaku, 11 December 2017 - 12:12 PM.