Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Saving language settings globally

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

omaekisama

omaekisama

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSpain

I suggest to save our language settings globally. I browse Batoto from many computers and browsers and sometimes in incognito mode, and I would appreciate the convenience of having our language settings saved in your database so I (and I suppose many of you too) wouldn't have to change them every time I log in.

Thanks and keep it up!  :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, I'm pretty sure it's all done by cookies, if you're doing anything that keeps the site from recognizing you I don't think there's any way for any of your personal stuff to just miraculously be saved.........the rare times I access the site from a different computer there's no way for it to know it's me without my signing in on that computer, then all my setting will be there.

I'm not sure what you're describing is really possible even if someone was willing to do it.

Tn7HA0h.png

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

I don't think there's any way for any of your personal stuff to just miraculously be saved

https://vatoto.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core
^this here (including the other tabs) all tied to the profile...

afaik the main argument against it was to keep the site guest-friendly because of the majority of readers being unregistered. not sure about statistics now that most of the comics are behind the registration. not sure how hard it is to attach it to the profile either (profile code is on IPB's side and grumpeh has less time to do stuff than he had in the past).

IIRC I brought it up at the time of the registration requirement switch. I don't think there's anyone who'd prefer to keep different settings on each browser/device they use (and for quick per-comic changes the old list-of-flag-buttons filter was better) so if there are noticeably more registered members than the guest ones, it'd be a beneficial change.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

What, you're saying your language setting don't carry over with your profile and follows or something then? I thought everything would be there as long as you signed in and weren't blocking/deleting cookies which sounds like what the op is asking about.

I'll be damned........not that it really affects me, I'm mostly on the same computer........but yeah, learn something new every day I guess.

Tn7HA0h.png