Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto keeps activating my camera?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tyboll

Tyboll

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden
Every time i come to ta batoto main page the camera on my tablet click, no other site that it does it at. Its a Sony Z3 tablet and im using the chrome app. Not a big problem just a minor annoyance.

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

That's what I'd call over-personal ad targeting.

Tyboll

Tyboll

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden
Did i post this in the wrong place or give too little information?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
If someone knew how to help they'd post here I think.

On the staff side you have Grumpy you could try PMing with enough info that could be related that you can think of, Daktyl who does post when he knows what might be wrong, and me either trying to reverse-engineer stuff I have access to or talking from collective experience aided by google trips.

Since it's just you having this problem chances are that there's something wrong with your device (configuration/browser/permissions/OS/camera software/whatever). Could be your device mishandling some ad you're seeing, like Natureboy implied (though you'd have to confirm that there's some ad you're only seeing on the front page and not elsewhere). Have you tried stuff like changing camera and browser settings, trying a different browser, etc. to see if the issue persists?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Does the camera save an image or is there just the sound of the camera clicking? Does the camera app open in the background if it's closed completely or does it stay closed?

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Tyboll

Tyboll

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSweden
Cant find any images i have not taken on the tablet, the camera app does not activate when the camera does and the settings on Chrome is to ask for permission before a site is allowed to use the camera.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Have you tried doing a soft restart of your phone? Not a reset, just a restart. For your device it's achieved through holding down the power and volume up buttons for 15 seconds. It'll vibrate 3 times.

It seems like it's simply a case of your device or chrome mishandling something. If a soft restart doesn't fix it, you could try installing an antivirus app and checking for that. Past that, I really couldn't say. It could be a bad behaving ad trying to activate the camera like Ponies said, in which case you might just want to get an adblocker (is that even possible on Android Chrome?).

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^