Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Extended TL Notes: Chapters 10 + 11

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Nuwang

Nuwang

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts

Merry Christmas in July folks, got a double upload for you all. Worked really quickly through Chapter 10 so I figured I might as well squeeze Chapter 11 in there too. Don't worry, I'm not skipping a week just because of this, so count yourselves lucky. Anyways, let's get into it.

Chapter 10

Names

Just a bit of trivia on names:

The kanji for Kenzou's name (健象) is literally "Healthy elephant."
The kanji for Renko's name (蓮子) is literally "lotus child."

Isn't that neat? I'll be sure to include any other names of note as the story goes on.

Miyaneya

Niyaneya is a play on the actual Japanese television program "Miyaneya," which I believe is evident once you take a single look at one of the hosts on that page.

Hamo

Also know by its full English name of the Daggertooth Pike Conger, Hamo is a traditional dish of eel served in Japan.

Souzu

I maybe could have been clearer in-text, but the sound that scares them is the bamboo coming back up, not the hitting the rock. The Souzu is a kind of Shishi-odoshi, further reading provided. It sounds something like this:

Chapter 11

Benjamin Button

Nice to have just a simple, easily accessible Western reference in a chapter, isn't it? If you aren't already familiar with Benjamin Button, further reading provided here.

Anything Else?

You may have noticed that one of the pages has drop shadow under the text for no discernible reason. I swear to god that's just exactly what it's like in the raws.

geLbhzZ.png

Anyways, that's all from me for this week. That idea I had didn't feel good enough so I'll be rethinking it and hopefully will have something by next week. Until then!