Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Old ladies a super sadistic pervert

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

@ bottomlessbag

My "striking again", my "nonsense", my "handiwork" is me expressing and holding my own opinion. We had a discussion before? What of it? You couldn't force me to agree with you, so your labeling my expressing a opinion of my own as a bad thing. You can't force me to see things your way, you self-centered jerk. And it's funny, even as you post to put me down, you aren't even exactly disagreeing with what I am saying regarding the topic, meaning you are expressly posting to troll me.

Edited by truepurple, 19 July 2017 - 09:15 PM.

mistermaples

mistermaples

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Why does this topic exist? Based on your track record, and your "infamy", it seems you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone here that will agree with your outlandish opinions. And while yes, nobody can force you to change your opinion or agree with others, nobody is inclined to respect a poor opinion like yours. I don't believe many people exist that agree with you in this topic or any other. Each thread is almost the same. Just people reacting to how unrealistic or oblivious you tend to be.

Who cares what the orphanage director does? It's a minor detail to the plot. It's literally distracting you from enjoying the story. You think it's horrible how Riko's treated? It's played as a joke to show how rowdy and unruly a child she is. It's literally there to show what kind of person she is while doubling as fanservice. It's storytelling. It's another culture. Different morals. Different way of thinking. And in a fictional world, no less. I mean, you're only on chapter 5. You've barely touched the story. You haven't even seen how screwed up this world is. You think the orphanage is tough? You haven't even seen the vagrant homeless children yet. The ones that in this story eke out a living in the trash. The truly unfortunate ones.

So, please. Just read the story and enjoy the ride, or drop it. There's no point in being outraged at how a fictional character is treated. It's just a story.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

You don't need to respect my opinions, just my right to have them, by not posting personal attacks in response. Such a hypocrite, criticizing me for both not respecting your opinion, and for holding my own.

And if it's "just a story" then that means you are just posting to troll me. You want my attention that badly?

Funny, if you weren't being such a bottom feeding troll, we could have come to some agreement on a number of different issues regarding this topic. But I won't respond to anything you have to say on the topic if it's interlaced with personal attacks.

mistermaples

mistermaples

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

My opinion is that you should finish the story (or get up to date with the chapters) before coming to a conclusion about it. What chapter are you on now, by the way? 

I can't understand you. It's like you've read the first page of "Little Red Riding Hood", then you put the book down and started screaming, "What kind of awful, neglectful parents would let their child walk through a forest full of man-eating wolves on her own?!" It's like you can't find a forest because the trees are blocking your vision. Please, if you're still on ch5, you've barely touched this meal on your plate. You do not yet know what kind of setting this kind of story truly is underneath its cutesy skin. The Big, Bad Wolf pretending to be a child's one-way adventure into the depths of hell. I reiterate, I want you to know everything there is to know before judging this book on its cover.

BottomlessBag

BottomlessBag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Just so you know Maples, this is also something not new to any purple thread. Getting to a part in the story where he doesn't like something and then launching into a rage even though there are more chapters still available. Keep in mind that at the point this thread was made over 20 chapters were available.

I would direct you to another purple thread where one of his arguments hinged on a statement that was false. And this was proved in the actual Manga weeks before he made the thread.

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/21409-romanticizing-ownership-of-women/?p=1576960

While I'll be told I'm either trolling or using ad homenem or whatever detracting there is. True purple has routinely for years made threads that rely on him not reading all of the available Manga chapters which causes him to miss out on some critical context. That is slightly less relevant for this topic since naked hangings only happen twice, but without reading the rest of the text he misses.out on the realization that this is less to do with an in-universe justification for the practice, and more to do with what the author likes.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Yeah, i get it, I badmouthed a aspect of a comic you guys liked, I couldn't be convinced otherwise of my position and I strangely stopped reading a story after writing that(I did read up to that point and a few chapters after) Imagine, someone not reading something they don't like, what a strange world we live in. Surely that makes me incorrigible and worthy of people posting just to say shit about me.

So I read up to the 42 chapter. And I am more convinced I am right then ever.

This story is filled with a trope similar to fridge logic. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/main/fridgelogic  For example, while not even remotely close to the horrors he's done, It is implied that Bondrewd has been doing sexual things with the girl he called "daughter". Chapter 33 page 6 https://vatoto.com/reader#ffd802232c773dbc_6 She's witnessed him getting erection and how that erection was achieved.

It's also implied in multiple ways and places that Reg has repeatedly fondled the Rabbit girls genitals, and that he gets a erection when he does and that she lets off a aphrodisiac like scent. This isn't a criticism or horror, but it is something tucked into the story like many horror and sexual things. Meaning Riko being tied up in ropes in a sexual fashion, while probably also the authors Fetish, is absolutely part of the story.

Further proofs (also previous page listed earlier)

Chapter 38 page 18 https://vatoto.com/reader#dc2ef066139dc418_18 Proof she's aphrodisiac. Latter its mentioned in the sixth layer about her good smells.

Also when Riko was fondling Rabbit girl, she was nervous Reg might be tempted to do so right then too. He asks her what the difference is, she says the way he does it is too lewd. And then latter when those things were poking around in his pants and doing stuff to Regi, she says something like, now know how it feels.  And once he's even revived by her fluffy body after Reg is knocked out a moment by Bondrewd, and his penis is revived too. And a strange further implication is made here, since it's suggested that what you change into, is like that which you desire, implying she wants people to desire her sexually, that was her deepest, unconscious wish, as a little girl. Just that even though she turned into the shape of that desire, she's not ruled by it.

So at some point they state that Reko has been hung naked with the rope in the groin and put on display many a time.  It seems her worst offense, was not stealing anything of great value, but a artifact umbrella that had already been thrown in the trash. https://vatoto.com/reader#d04082ddf296d7ef_22 chapter 10 page 22.

chapter 3 page 5 https://vatoto.com/reader#f1747c9672e9e796_5 So she's been electrocuted and other forms of torture, so many times, they made it into her room. This is the punishment room, and it's only filled with torture stuff.  So she's been tortured many times in multiple ways for "mischief", even knowing it's no use and even counterproductive.  Is what Bondrewd did worse, turning kids into curse absorbing cartridges? Sure, but to be fair, at least Bondrewd never aimed to cause pain, he just used them and didn't care about their pain(or cared about their "use" more). So the orphanage director lady is way sadistic and Bondewd is probably not sadistic at all (though with Bondewd, who knows with a mind as twisted as that) So if any of you don't consider the orphanage director as evil, that mean you don't consider Bondewd evil either?

And look at this again ch4 p9 https://vatoto.com/reader#82a06c1697589a23_9  are kids curious about anus's and genitals? OK, but it isn't normal for her to be casually handling his penis, looking into his anus, and sticking a ruler up his butt so far/hard that it breaks. In a bonus page I had kept open but now I can't find. It showed the various stuff she used to "examine" Regi, and even showed her putting red hot coal into his mouth. This is not normal for a well adjusted kid, it's almost like she's been the victim of repeated sexual and physical abuse so that such things don't even phase her.

Yeah, the story brushes off alot of its sexual and horrifying implications, but just because the story makes light of them, doesn't mean they aren't there.

And the next time one of you tries to change and reduce what I am saying to something like "oh  naked is horrible" or me missing the bigger picture, I'm likely to just ignore, since it's you who are missing the bigger picture and not properly listening to what write.

Edited by truepurple, 20 July 2017 - 10:13 PM.

CochnBalz

CochnBalz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Nude hanging punishment wasn't performed in public. Riko got frustrated when she learned that Nat saw the punishment take place. This means that the punishment took place in a private place and Nat was peeking. Plus, I doubt that the ropes applied too much pressure on the genitals, mainly because the ropes weren't tied directly on the genitals. They only applied pressure on the sides of the groin region

For example, while not even remotely close to the horrors he's done, It is implied that Bondrewd has been doing sexual things with the girl he called "daughter". Chapter 33 page 6 https://vatoto.com/reader#ffd802232c773dbc_6 She's witnessed him getting erection and how that erection was achieved.

She mentioned "Papa's rod" when Riko was talking about penises in general. Haven't you seen your parents naked at least once?

It's also implied in multiple ways and places that Reg has repeatedly fondled the Rabbit girls genitals, and that he gets a erection when he does and that she lets off a aphrodisiac like scent. This isn't a criticism or horror, but it is something tucked into the story like many horror and sexual things. Meaning Riko being tied up in ropes in a sexual fashion, while probably also the authors Fetish, is absolutely part of the story.

Further proofs (also previous page listed earlier)

Chapter 38 page 18 https://vatoto.com/reader#dc2ef066139dc418_18 Proof she's aphrodisiac. Latter its mentioned in the sixth layer about her good smells.

Also when Riko was fondling Rabbit girl, she was nervous Reg might be tempted to do so right then too. He asks her what the difference is, she says the way he does it is too lewd. 

You're rather obsesses with genitals. She' always wearing her big-ass pants though, so that's unlikely. I think what Nana-chi considers lewd is that Reg probably pets her chest. She's flat, covered in fur and therefore not wearing anything up top, but the area should still be sensitive. Especially when someone of opposite sex is rubbing the region.

So at some point they state that Reko has been hung naked with the rope in the groin and put on display many a time.  It seems her worst offense, was not stealing anything of great value, but a artifact umbrella that had already been thrown in the trash. https://vatoto.com/reader#d04082ddf296d7ef_22 chapter 10 page 22.

chapter 3 page 5 https://vatoto.com/reader#f1747c9672e9e796_5 So she's been electrocuted and other forms of torture, so many times, they made it into her room. This is the punishment room, and it's only filled with torture stuff.  So she's been tortured many times in multiple ways for "mischief", even knowing it's no use and even counterproductive. 

If she still has the umbrella it means that she hasn't been punished for it. 

The torture chamber is a mystery though. It certainly has little functionality in the orphanage other than as a "boogieman" to scare children. It's pretty clear that they don't use these things on children, otherwise Riko would be heavily scarred. "Nude hanging" is apparently the most severe punishment she's gotten so far. 

"but why does an orphanage need a torture room in the first place?"

Old pre-orphanage room? Repurposed room for interrogating foreign delvers?

And look at this again ch4 p9 https://vatoto.com/reader#82a06c1697589a23_9  are kids curious about anus's and genitals? OK, but it isn't normal for her to be casually handling his penis, looking into his anus, and sticking a ruler up his butt so far/hard that it breaks. In a bonus page I had kept open but now I can't find. It showed the various stuff she used to "examine" Regi, and even showed her putting red hot coal into his mouth. This is not normal for a well adjusted kid, it's almost like she's been the victim of repeated sexual and physical abuse so that such things don't even phase her.

Reg may look human, but don't forget that at the end of the day he's still a robot. This is why his boner is the butt of constant jokes - robots aren't supposed to have boners. 

Riko putting red hot coal into Reg's mouth was her "attempt" at kickstarting that mysterious pile of machinery into working order again. Didn't work so they tried electricity.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
She mentioned "Papa's rod" when Riko was talking about penises in general. Haven't you seen your parents naked at least once?

Who would describe a unerect penis as a rod? Plus, considering the place Bondrewd lived and how he lived, it's hard to imagine she'd have many chances to see him naked by chance. It was like a mansion with many locking doors, and I can't imagine Bondrewd walking around naked or soaking in a hot tube for a long time or something. And consider the explanation of what a penis was included what would cause it to get erect and possibly even what it looked like when it was erect, (notice arrow pointing down to second drawing) and then, she got what was being described. Also, look at how her hands form when she talks about "papas rod" and how she's looking at her hands. https://vatoto.com/reader#ffd802232c773dbc_6

Again, I am not disturbed, just showing this as an example of how this comic likes to sneak in sexual and horrifying things, especially sexual.

You're rather obsesses with genitals.

I'm just pointing out what's already in the comic. 

She' always wearing her big-ass pants though, so that's unlikely. I think what Nana-chi considers lewd is that Reg probably pets her chest.

Big ass pants would not stop him from reaching into them, or down to where the pants start, and the waistline in the front is pretty low. ch38 p18 https://vatoto.com/reader#dc2ef066139dc418_18 It also says in that bonus page where it talks about how great he finds the smell comes from her pants where her chest smell was pretty mild, and how she says "see how it feels" when the others from the sixth layer are reaching into his pants.  But you may be right.

Regardless, it's a part of the story they snuck in there, (along with the implications regarding her smelling good and people taking the form of their desires) and that was my main point with all of these.

Riko putting red hot coal into Reg's mouth was her "attempt" at kickstarting that mysterious pile of machinery into working order again. Didn't work so they tried electricity.

Oh right, well she did try cutting him, broke a ruler pushing it so hard into his ass, a drill, a torch, a screwdriver that possibly got bent in the effort(maybe same place as ruler),  a boot somehow (kicking?) https://vatoto.com/reader#8ecb1d96f0e15131_3 seeming without consideration of what might happen if these things actually managed to damage the individual who saved her life or bashfulness in so thoroughly invading his privacy with his penis and anus, and even then nonchalantly talking about it afterwards.

If she still has the umbrella it means that she hasn't been punished for it.

That doesn't follow, it was implied that she thought she was caught with the unreported compass that points down (that she found herself) when the old lady was taking about the punishment of "theft". The umbrella is the only item we know she's "stolen" that they know of (if that, you say) So maybe she "stole" back the umbrella after the punishment, I mean it was considered trash after all, it was probably put back on the trash pile or whatever. But if it wasn't for "stealing", then you really got to wonder what she was punished so many times for. Rikos character has not been mean or vindictive in any way shape or form since the story has started, we haven't seen her pulling pranks or anything either.  So it had to be some pretty petty shit that triggered these severe "punishments" on her.

I get what you are saying about scars, fair point, aside from maybe electricity wouldn't leave scars. But then why was it called the punishment room, what was the point of making it her room, if not to shorten the distance to getting her to her punishments? Also, there should be scars of repeated rope burns and pressure on her from being strung up like that so frequently, and none was shown with her in that regard either, which suggests the artitist choose not to draw them, rather than them not existing.

Edited by truepurple, 21 July 2017 - 06:14 AM.

CochnBalz

CochnBalz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Who would describe a unerect penis as a rod? Plus, considering the place Bondrewd lived and how he lived, it's hard to imagine she'd have many chances to see him naked by chance. It was like a mansion with many locking doors, and I can't imagine Bondrewd walking around naked or soaking in a hot tube for a long time or something. And consider the explanation of what a penis was included what would cause it to get erect and possibly even what it looked like when it was erect, (notice arrow pointing down to second drawing) and then, she got what was being described. Also, look at how her hands form when she talks about "papas rod" and how she's looking at her hands. https://vatoto.com/reader#ffd802232c773dbc_6

Again, I am not disturbed, just showing this as an example of how this comic likes to sneak in sexual and horrifying things, especially sexual.

I considered the possibility too at first, but ditched the thought since it doesn't fit Bondrewd's character at all. He is ruthlessly obsessed with research and research only, so unless banging his daughter somehow helped his research, it's unlikely. I doubt he augmented his penis with sensors to "research" the cavities of his daughter...for SCIENCE!

Prushka was part of Bondrewd's research and his goal was to make Prushka love Bondrewd above all else, before being inserted into a cartridge. Banging her daughter was therefore too risky and out of the question...unless it was part of his plan all along, to make Prushka love him even more...but that too seems unlikely.

Big ass pants would not stop him from reaching into them, or down to where the pants start, and the waistline in the front is pretty low. ch38 p18 https://vatoto.com/reader#dc2ef066139dc418_18 It also says in that bonus page where it talks about how great he finds the smell comes from her pants where her chest smell was pretty mild, and how she says "see how it feels" when the others from the sixth layer are reaching into his pants.  But you may be right.

Regardless, it's a part of the story they snuck in there, (along with the implications regarding her smelling good and people taking the form of their desires) and that was my main point with all of these.

Nanachi isn't that helpless. Considering how detailed that page is, I was actually expecting to see "Between the legs: smells like ____", but all we got was a vague "Inside the pants: smells good". It's clear she doesn't let Reg perform a full survey on the area covered by her pants.

As for people taking the form of their desires, Nanachi took the form of a fluffy bunny that smells nice. Smelling nice is like wearing perfume - there's nothing sexual about perfume. It's a social thing. People treat you nice when you smell nice and look cute.

"but Reg gets a boner"

Reg is a weird fur fetishist. People online are already starting to think he was originally a sex bot.

Oh right, well she did try cutting him, broke a ruler pushing it so hard into his ass, a drill, a torch, a screwdriver that possibly got bent in the effort(maybe same place as ruler),  a boot somehow (kicking?) https://vatoto.com/reader#8ecb1d96f0e15131_3 seeming without consideration of what might happen if these things actually managed to damage the individual who saved her life or bashfulness in so thoroughly invading his privacy with his penis and anus, and even then nonchalantly talking about it afterwards.

Reg wasn't technically an "individual" in their eyes back then. He was an unconscious lump of machinery that happened to shoot a lazor beem at some point. 

Riko was a young curious kid...not very smart though. Also a troublemaker, meaning that she has a habit of doing irresponsibly stupid things. This is how children image 'research' is being done - by trying various things on the research artifact. All that was Riko's idea of "researching" the robot artifact. The conclusion she arrived through her "research" is that Reg's body is almost indestructible, since they were unable to even scratch the surface. She's talking about it nonchalantly because in the end, no damage was done (and because she's a bit stupid).

That doesn't follow, it was implied that she thought she was caught with the unreported compass that points down (that she found herself) when the old lady was taking about the punishment of "theft". The umbrella is the only item we know she's "stolen" that they know of (if that, you say) So maybe she "stole" back the umbrella after the punishment, I mean it was considered trash after all, it was probably put back on the trash pile or whatever. But if it wasn't for "stealing", then you really got to wonder what she was punished so many times for. Rikos character has not been mean or vindictive in any way shape or form since the story has started, we haven't seen her pulling pranks or anything either.  So it had to be some pretty petty shit that triggered these severe "punishments" on her.

I think that umbrella and compass were listed as the only stolen item still in her possession, as part of her equipment. If it's still in her possession, it means she hasn't been busted yet, same with the compass. Therefore, she hasn't been punished for the umbrella. 

The items she was busted with and punished for were obviously confiscated and therefore, they're no longer in her possession. They're not listed, because they're not part of her equipment on the adventure. We don't know the full extent of her thievery, all we know is that she has a history of keeping artifacts for herself and she's still doing it. All of Riko's thefts and troublemaking apparently took place before the storyline started.

I get what you are saying about scars, fair point, aside from maybe electricity wouldn't leave scars. But then why was it called the punishment room, what was the point of making it her room, if not to shorten the distance to getting her to her punishments? Also, there should be scars of repeated rope burns and pressure on her from being strung up like that so frequently, and none was shown with her in that regard either, which suggests the artitist choose not to draw them, rather than them not existing.

The chapter was named "Former punishment room, Riko's room", meaning that the tools are no longer in use. Why keep it then? Well, it's still very effective psychological tool for scaring children. "You kids better behave or else we'll take you to the super-scary punishment room". These spiky tools can certainly scare small naive children. Riko was banished into that scary room as a punishment in an effort to scare her. Fear is the main component of disciplinary punishment. 

The 'electric chair' wasn't technically part of the punishment room btw. When Leader saw it after the blackout, he said "It must've been one of Siggy's pranks", meaning that it was likely just an average interrogation chair with electric wires attached to it, improvised by Siggy(he's the egghead).

Edited by CochnBalz, 21 July 2017 - 02:48 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Responding to some of what you said, I'll have to give some thought with the rest.

He is ruthlessly obsessed with research and research only, so unless banging his daughter somehow helped his research, it's unlikely. I doubt he augmented his penis with sensors to "research" the cavities of his daughter...for SCIENCE!

There's sexual things one can do without insertion. Also, not his daughter and she wasn't in a rational mindset in the beginning, she's told a "cartridge" is a girl called X and she doesn't blink at all. She was incredibly far from any social normals, her mind broken and reformed, at least TWICE.

Prushka was part of Bondrewd's research and his goal was to make Prushka love Bondrewd above all else, before being inserted into a cartridge. Banging her daughter was therefore too risky and out of the question...unless it was part of his plan all along, to make Prushka love him even more...but that too seems unlikely.

Again with the banging, pleasuring her would make her love/devote herself to him more, probably. And maybe he allowed her to investigate and explore him in return. Does Bondrewd's character seem like he is risk averse? Especially when it comes to the welfare of children. The risk/reward is probably a little different than you think too.

I considered the possibility too at first, but ditched the thought since it doesn't fit Bondrewd's character at all.

Him being careless in a way that would cause her to see his penis in a large mansion size structure with many locking doors does not seem at all in character. The clues on that page mentioned before, I don't see any other way to take them then her having seen his erection (well technically someone elses erection, since he borrows bodies, original bodies probably lost even) And it also implies she saw how he got the erection.

And what the hell with them letting Bondrewd survive. Why didn't they break the mask? I thought they already knew it was a aspect of his body swapping. And did they destroy the main body swap device? Riko  was in the room with it, but they kind of glide over that.  All that desperate survival against him and trying to kill him because he's so bad, and they just shrug about him surviving and seeing them off?!? Won't Bondrewd keep using kids in horrible experiments and as cartridges?! Also, was Regis arm reattached? I can't remember if we were told after.

Regarding Nanachi'

Ok maybe he rubbed to her underbelly then? We know that he finds the smell down there especially good. And I get what you are saying about it being a general wish for being liked, except where the best smells come from aspect. Also, Nanachi can take care of herself, but then again he is a cyborg or whatever with high strength and while embarrassed and resistant to a degree, she wasn't totally adverse him touching her either. It was implied with her saying "now you know how it feels" with those things reaching into Regis pants, that he had managed to pet her in sexual ways any of a number of times before, even if we quibble about which ways those might have been.

Also, Nanachi expressed something that sure sounded like sexual arrousal regarding Bondrewd a few times, calling him attractive or whatever, despite her general hate of him (during battle with him and after, of all times) And Nanachi was assistant to Bondrewd for a long while after she got turned into a bunny. (why did she do what he said after that, hurting kids on his behalf?) Which goes to both Bondrewd possibly doing sexual things with the young girls and to Nanachi having a bit of a extra sex drive that isn't typical for a young kid.

Regarding Riko and her punishments.

Former punishment room, Riko's room", meaning that the tools are no longer in use. Why keep it then? Well, it's still very effective psychological tool for scaring children.

Why make it into Rikos room then? Behave or we will take you to Rikos room? Yeah, I don't see a threat like that being effective. No longer in use, but you think they may have been in use before? If the tools had never been used, wouldn't the kids pick up on that and not be scared?

Whether Riko took a few items or many items, whether she was electrocuted or any of the other nasty items in the "punishment room" were used on her or others, or not...

1.   We know that at the very least she was hung naked in that horrible way many times. It tells us exactly that at one point. And since no picture accompanied it telling us it was done many times, the point was not some fetish drawing by author/artist only, and was well past the point of establishing her being a energetic troublemaker or whatever, in the story.

2,   Her being hung like that naked would cause great pain and damage. This is not some minor thing, it is torturing someone. Plus since kids are growing and repeated distortion of the body as someone grows can badly affect their growth. Like how Japanese girls forcing their feet into shoes too small because of ideals of small feet warped their feet growth. She'd probably at least have scar tissue from it as well as permanent mental damage.

3.   If it was private, there wasn't much reason to do this with her naked, unless they wanted the ropes to damage her young flesh as part of the punishment (or wanted to see said flesh themselves) If it was public, it would be putting her on display, either way, sadistic and extremely excessive.

4.   This torture, was repeatedly proven useless, and even counterproductive with both Riko and the others (and would be much more so in real life) yet they kept on doing it and not trying other things. Meaning the goal was not "reforming" her, but the torture itself, which makes those who do it, sadistic. And we know the old lady made threats regarding such, meaning she was the one who decided such, and probably saw to it herself.

Also, the white whistle lady using it on her child assistant after commending her for the very same thing she was torturing her for. Like, "Yay, a excuse to torture a naked young girl!", and we know she was twisted.

Edited by truepurple, 21 July 2017 - 05:04 PM.

BottomlessBag

BottomlessBag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Mararuk is a boy though?

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Mararuk is a boy though?

Who?

BottomlessBag

BottomlessBag

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Who?

Ozen's child assistant. The white whistle you referred to in your last sentence.

textor

textor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
By the way, the similarity between old lady and Ozen doesn't end on love for poorly justified naked hanging. They have the same color scheme (in a color spread) and nearly the same hair (except Ozen has reasons for her hairstyle).
Maybe it runs in the family?
Ozen might even be her sister, given that she apparently didn't age much in decades.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I'm pretty sure they show that assistant hanging naked with immature breasts so... not that it matters aside from the author/artist fetish bit. I would think such a punishment would be harder on a boy, physically speaking, ropes on either side squeezing and rubbing his... And if it did cause sexual stimulation, he couldn't hide it either.

Also, note how the leader boy only scolded Riko and made her write stuff, all basic traditional punishments you'd expect, and that was for blacking out the whole school (or was it the whole town?) Maybe he's just nicer (though that implies the punishment is just "mean") , or maybe they are more greedy with the artifacts, and/or maybe he also is of the mindset that a punishment like that is excessive.

Another possible semi-hidden element.

Reg was the dogs name, then it became the boy cyborgs name, after the dog. But someone who knows him (sorta? seemed like she questioned his identity at first, can't she tell by sight?) said his name really was Reg. Maybe the dog was named after the cyborg, and the cyborg was then renamed after the dog, because Rikos mom was  probably involved with Reg, maybe she sent him on a mission to protect Reg. She named the dog after Reg, her daughter names Reg after the dog, he gets his name back even with the amnesia.

Edited by truepurple, 22 July 2017 - 09:34 PM.

CochnBalz

CochnBalz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Again with the banging, pleasuring her would make her love/devote herself to him more, probably. And maybe he allowed her to investigate and explore him in return. Does Bondrewd's character seem like he is risk averse? Especially when it comes to the welfare of children. The risk/reward is probably a little different than you think too.

Him being careless in a way that would cause her to see his penis in a large mansion size structure with many locking doors does not seem at all in character. The clues on that page mentioned before, I don't see any other way to take them then her having seen his erection (well technically someone elses erection, since he borrows bodies, original bodies probably lost even) And it also implies she saw how he got the erection.

Bondrewd is ruthless and doesn't care about the welfare of other children, they're expendable test subjects to him. He only cares for Nanachi and Prushka, but only because the former is a rare success of his work and the latter requires extensive care for his experiment to succeed. 

And since Prushka requires extensive care from Bondrewd, they have to spend a lot of time together. Children at a very young age usually bathe with their parents and Prushka was "adopted" at very young age. I'm assuming Bondrewd did bathe with Prushka...you don't want your test subject to drown after all, not before the experiment at least.

And what the hell with them letting Bondrewd survive. Why didn't they break the mask? I thought they already knew it was a aspect of his body swapping. And did they destroy the main body swap device? Riko  was in the room with it, but they kind of glide over that.  All that desperate survival against him and trying to kill him because he's so bad, and they just shrug about him surviving and seeing them off?!? Won't Bondrewd keep using kids in horrible experiments and as cartridges?! Also, was Regis arm reattached? I can't remember if we were told after.

Riko was in a hurry to find Prushka. Attempting to destroy the device would have been a logical decision, but she went with the emotional decision - to desperately find her friend. A bad decision on her part though understandable considering the circumstances. That was their one and only chance to destroy the device. Going back to destroy the device just for revenge would have been too dangerous. They only went there for Prushka in the first place and they got what they came for...sort of.

Reg's arm is still disconnected btw.

Regarding Nanachi'

Ok maybe he rubbed to her underbelly then? We know that he finds the smell down there especially good. And I get what you are saying about it being a general wish for being liked, except where the best smells come from aspect. Also, Nanachi can take care of herself, but then again he is a cyborg or whatever with high strength and while embarrassed and resistant to a degree, she wasn't totally adverse him touching her either. It was implied with her saying "now you know how it feels" with those things reaching into Regis pants, that he had managed to pet her in sexual ways any of a number of times before, even if we quibble about which ways those might have been.

Also, Nanachi expressed something that sure sounded like sexual arrousal regarding Bondrewd a few times, calling him attractive or whatever, despite her general hate of him (during battle with him and after, of all times) And Nanachi was assistant to Bondrewd for a long while after she got turned into a bunny. (why did she do what he said after that, hurting kids on his behalf?) Which goes to both Bondrewd possibly doing sexual things with the young girls and to Nanachi having a bit of a extra sex drive that isn't typical for a young kid.

Nanachi smells best from places where smelly people smell really bad - mouth, armpits, underbelly and "inside the pants". So it's basically the same areas, except her odor and breath smell good actually. She isn't totally against the idea of people rubbing/petting her (Riko wants to do that too and she lets her), but she generally stops Reg from rubbing areas that are too embarrassing.

Reg COULD in theory push her down and do whatever he wants since he has the strength, but so could any man really. And he won't, because he's not a full-time rapist. Do keep in mind that there's a difference between lustful annoyance and literal rape. To Nanachi, Reg is just an annoyance. He clearly likes the fluffy rabbit and 'plays' with her, but he won't cross the line. Otherwise the group falls apart.

I wouldn't say Nanachi was aroused by Bondrewd. I think that despite hating him, she did feel some sort of respect for him. There's nothing wrong with respecting a worthy enemy, though I'm not sure what aspect of Bondrewd she respected...oh well, maybe it's just because Bondrewd treated the bunny nice after she turned into a cute bunny...non-sexually I mean.

Why make it into Rikos room then? Behave or we will take you to Rikos room? Yeah, I don't see a threat like that being effective. No longer in use, but you think they may have been in use before? If the tools had never been used, wouldn't the kids pick up on that and not be scared?

Whether Riko took a few items or many items, whether she was electrocuted or any of the other nasty items in the "punishment room" were used on her or others, or not...

1.   We know that at the very least she was hung naked in that horrible way many times. It tells us exactly that at one point. And since no picture accompanied it telling us it was done many times, the point was not some fetish drawing by author/artist only, and was well past the point of establishing her being a energetic troublemaker or whatever, in the story.

2,   Her being hung like that naked would cause great pain and damage. This is not some minor thing, it is torturing someone. Plus since kids are growing and repeated distortion of the body as someone grows can badly affect their growth. Like how Japanese girls forcing their feet into shoes too small because of ideals of small feet warped their feet growth. She'd probably at least have scar tissue from it as well as permanent mental damage.

3.   If it was private, there wasn't much reason to do this with her naked, unless they wanted the ropes to damage her young flesh as part of the punishment (or wanted to see said flesh themselves) If it was public, it would be putting her on display, either way, sadistic and extremely excessive.

4.   This torture, was repeatedly proven useless, and even counterproductive with both Riko and the others (and would be much more so in real life) yet they kept on doing it and not trying other things. Meaning the goal was not "reforming" her, but the torture itself, which makes those who do it, sadistic. And we know the old lady made threats regarding such, meaning she was the one who decided such, and probably saw to it herself.

Also, the white whistle lady using it on her child assistant after commending her for the very same thing she was torturing her for. Like, "Yay, a excuse to torture a naked young girl!", and we know she was twisted.

It's an orphanage filled with young and naive children. Just tell them there's a "torture chamber for naughty kids" and they'll believe you and try to behave. Tell them there's a "Santa Claus who doesn't bring gifts to naughty children" and they'll believe that too. Banishing Riko into the former punishment room is sort of a psychological punishment. Like banishing a child scared of darkness into a dark room. Not very effective in Riko's case though. I guess you can also save up room on Riko's behalf, putting old space in use.

2. It doesn't cause as much damage if you use a lot of rope to support multiple areas of the body equally. In addition to the ropes around her thighs, she was also hanging from ropes tied to her arms and legs. Besides, such a punishment probably didn't happen very often. Too bothersome to set up and it's silly to assume that the orphanage would use the same exact punishment for every wrongdoing. 

btw, tiny shoes on girls(aka foot binding) was a chinese tradition, not japanese.

3. Well it's not like Riko hoisted herself up naked all alone. The orphanage director who carried out the punishment was also there. Being naked in front of the same sex can still be embarrassing, especially if it's a punishment.

4. Punishments sometimes are indeed useless and counterproductive when you try to reform a hopeless repeat-offender. Some people just don't change. That's why you hang them with a noose and set them up as an example to other potential wrongdoers. Nobody bothers to follow rules that aren't enforced. No crime should go unpunished - that's how you keep order.

Edited by CochnBalz, 22 July 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Xylon666Darkstar

Xylon666Darkstar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

lol

squinty

squinty

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
On my part, I think the fridge humor in this story adds to it's charm. Like a good horror movie. No use blaming an extra character no one even remembers anymore. And having an ungodly long debate about sexualization, denials about it being sexualization, denials about using sexualization in the argument, constantly assuming that characters have been raped, sexually abused, as evidenced by small children's desensitization to sexual things in a world where naked hanging punishments are the norm.... Y'all need Jesus.

As for my two bits on Riko's experiments on Reg, given her age, where she is both somewhat curious about sex and clueless about it, combined with the fact that he was, essentially a human-shaped robot that would be really cool if he actually works... I admit, I would have also checked him all over and attempted to feed him fuel. Who knows, there might be a red button labeled "Start" on his ass.

Edited by squinty, 29 July 2017 - 03:04 AM.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

FWIW: My take on this was the orphanage re-purposed an old building. Why did it have a torture chamber/electric chair? Who knows. None of that was used on the children, they just didn't bother to remove all the stuff because reasons. Convenient plot device to be able to shock Reg back to wakefulness maybe?

The bigger takeaway: This society isn't "modern day" its more like 19th century Britain. Think Charles Dickens books. There were no gov't social services back then: Kids not in an orphanage would have been street urchins that scrounged for food and had a high mortality rate. (Remember what Nat said about if he stayed in the slums he would have been dead from getting sick on eating trash already) The orphanage doesn't have gov't funding and charity donations back in those days was basically non-existent. Philanthropy is largely a 20th century invention. AKA: Their funds to feed, clothe, and educate the kids comes from the piddly relics they can dig up in the first layer—its not without risk, but it appears to be a good deal better than the alternatives. Again, hearing Nat talk about it, they're actually lucky to be in the orphanage. Punishments in those days for children would probably seem harsh by today's standards, but they were how it was in that time. (Even more recent history has nuns cracking rulers on kids knuckles or using large wooden paddles, etc)

Also: Seeing as Orth revolves around the Abyss, those kids are likely orphans of delvers in the first place. Its no wonder many of them would desire to follow in their parents footsteps. Or are wooed by all the stories of heroism and adventure they hear in town.

(I'm reminded of an old Disney movie called The Journey of Natty Gann where she was stuck in a orphanage for part of the movie. Or there is a series of old kids books called "The Great Brain..." where one of them he's sent off to a boarding school with rather harsh punishments for his mischief as well)

TLDR: Modern SJW-ism being applied to essentially an 1800s society is dumb.

Tokochiro

Tokochiro

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i've seen video of a man maliciously trying to pop a transport truck tire, the resulting blast of air pressure blew away all his clothing. that most certainly was not a sexual attack by the truck tire. 

Truck-kun from the Isekai series is now a sex offender? Damn