Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The Ravages of Time QnA and Discussions

ravagesoftime

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Deeka

Deeka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLolitopia
The Ravages of Time (TRoT) is an adaptation of Romance of the Three Kingdoms (RotK) Novel by Luo Guangzhong. it's maybe hard for readers who haven't read the novel, to understand who, what, when, where or how events in the TRoT related to RotK, because the adaptation in this manhua is pretty loose.

if you have any questions or thing to discuss feel free to post here, and if i can answer the questions as a fan of RotK, although not an expert, i'll try to answer them. there are of course another sources of info about the novel that you can visit like http://kongming.net/ where you can also download the RotK novel for your reading.

i really like this manhua and i hope other can also enjoy reading this great manhua like me ^_^. I hope this'll help ~

Posted Image

My Manga Recommendation List:

"If They are Good Enough, They're Old Enough" - Sir Matt Busby

Aiuca's Idiosyncrasy

Aiuca's Idiosyncrasy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between my mind and reality
i have no quesions nor am i in need of clarifications, just wanna say this is one of the best RotK adaptation i have ever read before, great art and pacing, hope more people get to read and appreciate its beauty~
Posted Image
ART BY: artsed.deviantart.com

"do not assume to know the answer before you know the full details of the problem~"
"I dont know why, but it just irritates me everytime I see people demanding for faster releases~"

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

One of the best things I enjoyed were the different characterisations of Lu Bu and Zhang Fei. Most media portray them as idiotic brutes, but they are portrayed as far more thoughtful than before. They allow the world to see them as oafish in order to have an advantage, something in which I find remarkably plausible given the nature of the world. 

asdfpass

asdfpass

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

hey. Know this sounds really dumb but can someone tell me if Lu Bu is really dead? (spolier) i know he gets executed but then in later chapters it kinda gets confusing cause it hints he's still alive. (chapter 275ish)? some help would be great....so confused

Deeka

Deeka

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLolitopia

hey. Know this sounds really dumb but can someone tell me if Lu Bu is really dead? (spolier) i know he gets executed but then in later chapters it kinda gets confusing cause it hints he's still alive. (chapter 275ish)? some help would be great....so confused

I think Lu Bu is dead, it's at ch. 260-ish iirc.

it's just the memory of Lu Bu's might as the god of war keep on living in people's memory and when someone showed a comparable mighty feat, they start thinking that was Lu Bu. Like the event when Zhang Liao and Zhao Yun as grave digger slaughtered many of Yuan Shao's men or Sun Ce's feat and might, makes people think that they are Lu Bu's incarnate or Lu Bu himself faking his death and actually still alive.

but i'm pretty sure there's no twist in Lu Bu death as we clearly saw Cao Cao himself handed him his demise.

Edited by Deeka, 24 May 2013 - 11:01 AM.

Posted Image

My Manga Recommendation List:

"If They are Good Enough, They're Old Enough" - Sir Matt Busby

Vorlianis

Vorlianis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Just wanna say here, this shit is awesome, and more people should get into it.

GreyCrow

GreyCrow

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

It's been around 4 years that I began to read this series and every month I wait for its release. Ironically, I started researching about the period of the 3 Kingdoms, historically as well as the novel and others materials about it, after reading the first 50 chapters of TRoT.

aarya188

aarya188

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Duke of wen is mentioned a few times but I'm not able to figure out who he is. Anyone have an idea?

Kubera, Kingdom, Golden Kamui, Shokugeki no Soma, Tower of God, Helck, Tokyo Ghoul:re, One Piece, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Yakusoku no Neverland, Uchuu Kyoudai, Grand Blue, Yotsubato, Non Non Biyori, Barakmon, Tamen de Sushi, Berserk, One Punch Man, Chang Ge Xing, Vinland Saga, Made in Abyss, Kino no Tabi, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, Dungeon Meshi, Shingeki no Kyojin

Apollo Kenobi

Apollo Kenobi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Duke of wen is mentioned a few times but I'm not able to figure out who he is. Anyone have an idea?

Can you specify in which chapter(s)?

Atarame

Atarame

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

This is a bit off-topic and I didn't want to create a thread for it, however it's still a question - in a way - related to Ravages of time!

I'm remastering the title pages of chapters 464 and 465. What is your favorite font? I'll be using the 'best' one as a the standard for older releases when/if I get the time to optimize them.

Spoiler

Bonus: Create your own (mention font name though)

Spoiler

Apollo Kenobi

Apollo Kenobi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

This is a bit off-topic and I didn't want to create a thread for it, however it's still a question - in a way - related to Ravages of time!

I'm remastering the title pages of chapters 464 and 465. What is your favorite font? I'll be using the 'best' one as a the standard for older releases when/if I get the time to optimize them.

Spoiler

Bonus: Create your own (mention font name though)

Spoiler

I'm fine with any of them, as long as I get to read the chapters lol... The third one is nice though...

Atarame

Atarame

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

I'm fine with any of them, as long as I get to read the chapters lol... The third one is nice though...

Okay, I'll be using #3 then.  ^_^

Firebird Watermirror

Firebird Watermirror

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

How is this community going?

I have finally resolved to join the discussion here, considering that there aren't that many (semi) active Ravages threads in English elsewhere...

Maybe we should talk about what other ways we as fans and students can do in order to make Ravages more renowned.

Edited by Firebird Watermirror, 16 February 2017 - 12:42 PM.

Atarame

Atarame

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 8 posts

476 spoiler

Spoiler

Will the eighth be able to survive the Hero of Changban? If he does, his fighting capacity must be insane! Combine that with being a genius and ... I think he's dying soon lol

Firebird Watermirror

Firebird Watermirror

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

So... how do we holdouts sustain the conversation?

If only the small Anglophone Ravages fandom can be just a little more active, maybe then we would be able to persuade the lurkers to speak up. The masterpiece has so much to offer when it comes to discussion after all

zaqr

zaqr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I post from time to time in ki shodar's cbox, though admittedly very rarely. I agree though that english-speaking people rarely discuss manhua like this, even in specific forums like scholars of shenzhou

Firebird Watermirror

Firebird Watermirror

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I realize the challenge is in getting the silent and inactive veteran international fans to speak up (and hopefully attract more newbies)...

It boggles me that simpler, less intricate series dealing with similar themes and topics could inspire so much discussion, whereas this gem for all its nuances and details continue to languish in English-language threads and sites

Edited by Firebird Watermirror, 01 July 2017 - 04:54 PM.

mencretnas

mencretnas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

so who the fuck is the eighth genius? i dont know enough chinese to understand homonym of "zhao zilong"

otterbox

otterbox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

hi several people in this thread! I'm a brand new fan and Ravages of Time is basically the best thing ever ! I set up a discord server for discussion since discord is so easy to use and lots of people have it already as sort of "the new Skype" (but way better), it might be a great central way for everyone to stay in touch since right now we're all spread out over various blogs and forum threads and what-have-you. I hope it's okay to post the link, here it is: http://ravagesoftime.info/discord(this works right in your browser without any registration, but you can DL the app for notifications etc if you want!)

edit - i added our brand new custom link for the discord server! at the rate this forum thread is going, I will expect the next reply in approximately 1.3 years! hopefully people in the RoT page comment area will find it sooner !

Edited by otterbox, 20 September 2017 - 03:21 AM.