Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Your ideal manga

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ndanix

ndanix

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
As the title says. All of us have our preferences for manga. I'm not asking EXACTLY for your ideal manga, but what kind of manga, with which elements, do you like the best.

I would say... I actually like manga that have elements from old times, like those manga placed in Victorian-like times (Kuroshitsuji, Pandora Hearts), or those whose characters seem to come from an older Japan, like Nurarihyon no Mago.

I also like lighthearted and cheerful main characters that can also be serious when the time needs it.

As for the main heroine... Meh, not necesarily large breasts or things like that... If she has non-hateful personality (I'm not refering to Tsundere characters. There are MUCH MORE hateful kind of characters out there) I'm fine with it.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Some of these elements are important for my ideal manga:

1. Good Romance among the characters without necessarily becoming the center of the story
2. Original comedy within the dialogue (if it's a serious type of manga, less so)
3. Heart wrenching stories of the character's past and some drama here and there in current storyline
4. Great execution of the storyline: The ending of each chapter a) has to coerce the reader to want to find out what happens in the next chapter, B) shouldn't leave the reader thinking (that's it for this week?)
5. Well self-embodied plot, the fictional world has to be something that can be easily (but can be very complex) explained to the reader. Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach all have these, which is one of the reasons why they are popular because they can be endlessly discussed. Many manga that are well executed and fun to read have very weird and confusing plots.
6. Has to include mysteries that are to be revealed later/much later in the series (compelling the reader to read through the series to find out, even if there are a few boring chapters here and there *of course an ideal manga wouldn't have boring chapters*)
7. It would be most interesting as both a Battle and an Intellectual Manga
8. Shows point of view and storyline from multiple characters
9. Characters with unique personalities and characteristics (and with good looks)
10. If there is any fan service, it has to be spontaneous rather than as a habit of including into each chapter
11. The morals and values expressed by the main characters can be shonen-like but shouldn't be too cliche. The words of the characters should be wise enough to actually reach the heart of the readers and influence their ideas rather than just "Oh, well this is what a shonen protagonist should say or believe"
12. Characterizes real human beings and society.
Spoiler

13. Originality! Manga shouldn't have limits and surprise me with something interesting.

Edited by Saphsin, 26 November 2011 - 06:47 PM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Finlay

Finlay

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCroatia
My ideal manga would have these.
Important elements :
1. Well thought out story
2. A good quantity of action and humor (Sun Ken Rock)
3. Characters that you can relate to
4. Romance (can be related to the character or not)
5. Cliffhanger endings
6. If the story is horror gore is a must , so is insanity :) (Hellsing , Berserk)
7.Historical or doesn't matter which period exactly but it be interesting to see something new
8. Martial arts can be normal or with ki and such (Like in Veritas or Breaker and Breaker:New waves . Like All rounder Meguru ,Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru)
9.The personality of the character should fit the story but he/she shouldn't be a total air head

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Decent and sexy Artwork. Story which evolves around the whole world
Genres such as Comedy, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen, Romance, Ecchi, Adult, Adventure, Harem, Martial Arts, Mature, School Life, Sci-fi
Main characters should not be to young nor to old.

The stars should be someone who is not to ignorant about thing such as love, hatred, jealousy and so on.
Absolutely not someone who clings to justice, someone who doesn't want to dirty their hands no matter what, and absolutely not someone like Ichigo nor Naruto. Someone who is not to carefree about thing, someone who is quite understanding of his/her surrounding, friends family, precious ones.

Also some bitches in the story who always make thing difficult for the star should be great, like in those Korean drama. (i.e Uee aka Yoo He Yi)

Very high fantasy, such as virtual/parallel world/dimensional/space, pandora's box, ancient characters/names of the characters, Monsters, super powers and such, much and much more deeper than Dragonball.

Story that continue forever.

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts
If its a romance it should go like this

Man meets woman
Man loves Woman
Woman loves Man
They get together
They only have eyes for each other
They make the babies
The End(Happy Ending)

*EDIT*
(I am a simple man with simple needs)

Edited by Boomsickle, 01 December 2011 - 04:27 AM.

Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
hmm, well.
1. main character should be awesome in some way. (I like especially when they are truly awesome like in Id: the greatest fantasy fusion)

2. I prefer manga with supernatural aspects but not the kind that focuses around one element (insert almost every supernatural manga/anime/manwha here) more like the ones that create a world that makes some sense while not being completely logical (since spending to much time on that ruins the storry)

3. I prefer elder times like the middle age, Edo era and other times in the past

4. for the story I like things that surprise me things I can't predict, like most manga and anime are really easy to predict especially of the romance genre

5. I like swords, and magic, while I love different planes of existence as well as worlds.

6. Author should leave hints throughout the manga not as obvious as we can figure it out but just that when it happens we think ohhh so that was why x and y happend.

7. I also like it when the main character is mature and understanding.

8. I usually like large parties of people and different groups rather than small ones

9. the parapsychology should be in place no out of order actions (I say that but most do not follow this at all...).

10. even though I want some seriousness I also despise if mangas turn to serious comic reliefs are needed

11. Art is incredibly important and I can even end up dropping a manga/manwha based on this. (there is a reason why it's pictures and not just words)

(12.) optional: notes of the writer are appreciated and jokes even better.
Posted Image
Spoiler

No Comment

No Comment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEarth
Almost anything that's not a harem nowadays. Oh how I've grown to hate those. And I typically don't like this open ended stuff where nothing gets resolved at all. Needs more resolution at the end. Other than that I'm not too picky.

Posted Image

Spoiler