Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Social Experiment #2: Era Exchange

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Final_Boss

Final_Boss

Fingerling Potato

• Project_FinalBoss
  • 80 posts
  • LocationOver there
Think you have an idea what your life would be like if you lived in
another era?  Well, this thread lets you explore that thought.

Rules:

The user above will give the user below the following details about an Era:

-Year (The year the user reaches adulthood)
-Source Info (Use Wiki or any other kind of database that can be used to describe the era.)

With these given details, the user below will give either a vague or detailed description of what life would be like for him/her living in that era.  
After the user is finished describing the lifestyle he/she would lead in that era, they must pick a era for the next user.  You don't have to be realistic, but it'd make sense to base your assumptions of what your life would be like based on the lifestyle you're living now.  People making up eras can't use any years between (1990 - Present).  

Ex.

OP

Year: 1905
Special Events: Japanese Invasion

Response 

I'd most likely be born as a peasant in this era.  Most likely the son of farmers.  Considering I'm a manchild now with no particular talents and in the early 1900s, Japan invaded Korea resulting in war; I'd probably wind up in the military.

Year: 2020
Special Events: Low birthrates lead to a collapse in the economy

-----------------------------------------------

Well, this is an expiriment, so I'll see how this one goes.  Have fun with it.  I'll go first:

Year: 1806
Special Events: Colonial Exploration

Edited by Final_Boss, 06 December 2016 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

Video Game Development | Manga Scanlations

Metroxylon

Metroxylon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I'd probably be a wandering immigrant that decided to be a caravan trader to peddle goods between frontier town and peaceful indian settlement.

Goods that I will peddle will be tiny bit of metal tools, farming implement, agricultural goods, and absolutely firearm. You will never know when the wild bull will rampage.

All the while looking for marriage partner and wondering the way to store travel supply without sacrificing much of the caravan space.

Edited by Metroxylon, 06 March 2017 - 04:55 PM.

Frankness is good, frankness is ma friend, frankness help mi undastand relationship. (Hick Citizen #1)