Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

NNM - Latest Chapter Discussion

Nurarihyon No Mago

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
Tsurara's Mom... LOL

Best Mom ever? LOL

Yes... Tsurara... go steal Rikuo's lips, you know you have the hawts for it already, LOL.

BTW... I wonder who's the Father (for Tsurara)... heh....

21j9mie.jpg

DrkTempest

DrkTempest

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
Then again, Tsurara left her mom alone with one of her human rivals. :unsure:

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
Kana better not show signs of liking Rikuo... better keep a poker face girl XD

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
Wow, chapter 205 has got the most pleasant surprise I've seen in a while. :)

Kata.

Kata.

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Setsura: "So... you are my daughter's love rival, eh?"
Kana: "...Eh? Eh?"
Setsura: "As a mother! To support my only child! To finally fulfill my 400-year-long desire!! I must froze you to death right here, right now!"
Kana: "Kyaaaaaah!!"

Something like that? :P

I really like Setsura's design character. How should I say.... She looks.... cold and cruel like the winter itself.

And more brush style-drawing from Shiibashi-sensei!! Seriously, it's one of the factor why I follow this manga and never watch the anime.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
May Tsurara steal Rikuo first kiss

Since Yokai are born from a story
If we refer to Yuki Onna legend
Yuki Onna in the legend have a human husband
Maybe, just maybe, most Yuki Onna will follow the legend
They will try to find a human husband first
Tsurara Father might be a human, if Her mother follow Yuki Onna Legend.

Edited by manga2x, 11 June 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
LegendS. This is especially important to mention when talking about Yuki Onna's because no other youkai (besides maybe Kappa) has so many different legends.

Doubt Tsurara's father is a human tough. Seems that NuraMago strongly follows the rule that having a human parent means you are a Hanyuu (part-youkai).

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
But then again, we know that in the Nura no Mago universe, Yokai could be born in different ways than natural living things, (such as through storytelling), so it's possible that Tsurara could have been "created" by Setsura alone...who said there had to be a father? Now as for how, I have no idea. It's not like Shiibashi told us everything about each of those types of Yokai he's introduced so far. There's a lot we still don't know.

Plus, we've only seen one other Yuki Onna (Reira) who isn't Setsura & Tsurara. Maybe they're a female only yokai species or something....just throwing out some possibilities, lol.

Edited by greensoulreaper, 11 June 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Plus, we've only seen one other Yuki Onna (Reira) who isn't Setsura & Tsurara. Maybe they're a female only yokai species or something....just throwing out some possibilities, lol.

Doubt there can be a male Snow Woman (Yuki Onna) tough ^__^;
Yuki Onna's male child would be some other type of Ice Youkai or have father's type I guess, but obviously not a Yuki Onna as they are a female only species.

Edited by Nayrael, 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

Doubt there can be a male Snow Woman (Yuki Onna) tough ^__^;
Yuki Onna's male child would be some other type of Ice Youkai or have father's type I guess, but obviously not a Yuki Onna as they are a female only species.

lol oh yeah, of course, "yuki onna" meaning snow woman, hehe, forgot. However, I actually tried googling "yuki otoko" and got nothing pertaining to old Japanese legends about snowmen.

Edited by greensoulreaper, 12 June 2012 - 02:09 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
Since following Legends is a natural thing for Youkai
Perhaps Yuki Onna is a special case
Their Female will children will turn into a Yuki onna

It isn't written in the legend though
I have been trying to find more story about Yuki Onna children, but found nothing
There are no story mentioning whether their children will become a Yuki Onna or not

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

lol oh yeah, of course, "yuki onna" meaning snow woman, hehe, forgot. However, I actually tried googling "yuki otoko" and got nothing pertaining to old Japanese legends about snowmen.

I think they have some other name... Yuki Warashi was mentioned once in the Manga but I can't say I know what that is... one person on MH mentioned Fuji Shogun as well

It isn't written in the legend though
I have been trying to find more story about Yuki Onna children, but found nothing
There are no story mentioning whether their children will become a Yuki Onna or not

Here are some of Yuki Onna reproduction myths I know of:
- a Yuki Onna having a happy human family with a human (who until very late had no idea his wife was a Yuki Onna... fun story)
- a Yuki Onna raping her human male victim (this is where freezing abilities come in handy...) and the child is a Yuki Onna
- a Yuki Onna is born when a Yuki Onna dies
- a Yuki Onna taking her victim's sperm after killing him
- a Yuki Onna abducting human girls and turning them into Yuki Onna's

And these are just stuff I heard of and I doubt I heard even 5% of Yuki Onna legends. There are very few reproduction methods that didn't end up in Yuki Onna legends. Thats what you get when Yuki Onna are being immensely popular throughout entire Japan for centuries.

Edited by Nayrael, 12 June 2012 - 08:28 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
So many version.
I guess people do change the story to their liking

I read Yuki Onna story in Lafcadio Hearn Kwaidan and watched Youtube Yuki Onna story
The one i know is the first point that you mentioned
Where They live together happily until the very end of the story

Taken from Lafcadio Hearn Kwaidan book
Spoiler

Edited by manga2x, 13 June 2012 - 06:46 AM.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
So ... 3 leader of demon parade ...
madam fox, Nue, and Rikuo ...

Kyouto demon parade by madam fox...
the number is small but each youkai is POWERFUL ...
and the leader herself is powerful too ...

Hellgate demon parade by Nue ...
the number seems quite vast and powerful too ... the leader also SUPER POWERFUL ...

big gathering of Japan demon parade by Rikuo ... + Yura as an extra Omyouji ...
TONS of youkai, each individual power seems above average but weaker compared enemy individually ...
need good teamwork and extreme fight to win ...

hoping for madam fox to join Rikuo's team ...

Edited by yariel, 24 June 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!
I get the feeling that Haguromo Gitsune will join Rikou but before that she will try speak with Semei ofc this will fail and he will attempt to kill her again but this time Rikou will stop him.

Also i don't know if anybody else felt this way but i could never bring my self to dislike Haguromo Gitsune because she was just doing what anymother would do for their son although she did take it abit too far for me this just reinforced that she was a vary caring parent willing to sacrifice herself for her son... even now after Semei killed her she loves him... Something else i would like to ask you about is what sort of love does Haguromo Gitsune hold for Rikou? The obvious choice is she simply sees Rikou as a younger brother although personally i somehow found my self hoping she wanted to marry Rikou although people have shown mixed opinions on the matter because Hagromo Gitsunes Vessel was Rihans first wife but because where dealing with Yokai i can see anything as a possable outcome.

Nayrael

Nayrael

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
Due to the fact that her vessel was not perfect, she and Yamabuki are now one person it seems (when Kitsune looks at water, we see Yamabuki's reflection). Yamabuki loves Rikuo as her foster son and due to that, 9-tails Kitsune now probably also loves Rikuo as her foster-son.

Edited by Nayrael, 24 June 2012 - 05:42 PM.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
I have a feeling Hagoromo will side with Rikuo, but in the end she'll end up killing herself and Seimei.

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!
That sounds intresting although it will be sad if she dies again although she will be reborn... i really want to see how Rikou gets along with her :)

Also it makes sense when put this way... since both Yamabuki and miss fox became one and share the same memories i guess all we can do is wait and see how it all happens.

DrkTempest

DrkTempest

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts
If nothing else, Kitsune could lift the curse. This would free Rikuo to have children with another Yokai, And if that is the case, Tsurara, who was confident that all she had to do is wait for the death of any human girls to have Rikuo all to herself, may find herself in competition with a lot of Yokai daughters. If you look at the number of villages, families, and clans that have come together under his flag for this battle...there are bound to be a lot of girls.

However, since this is not a rom-com, I doubt any of this will be addressed.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

- a Yuki Onna is born when a Yuki Onna dies

I thought this version might have explained how Tsurara came to be but Setsura's recent appearance debunked this one.