Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOCD] Rise of the Goblin Nation

re:monster ooc discussions role-play mature

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

@X: So Rend interrupted Vomit's attack and then killed him?

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Interrupt his attack? Yes. Done with the intent on killing him? No. Though..... if he died in the aftermath of her actions she wouldn't care. The intent was to send him flying/crashing towards/into the abomination, and either give his weapon more oomph in the thrusting/piercing department and/or serve as a distraction and be the focus of it's attack.

You know, like how one throws a spear/harpoon, she just kicked him instead, using him as a battering ram of sorts. And while the monster is focused on him (and possibly killing him) she takes advantage of the distraction and makes her move.

So in a way, I guess her action would get him killed, just in-directly. Haha

Edited by I-Am-X, 03 August 2017 - 04:01 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Ah, okay. The way I was reading it, it sounded like she killed him and left herself open to an attack from the abomination -- which would kill her instantly.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Hah, yea, no way she's that stupid. While Rend doesn't care if they live or die (preferably dead), she intends to make full use of them before they meet their end, be it indirectly or by her own hand. And when she does it, it'll be around the time she decides to head on home or so. xD

Oh Naifu, since it's all confirmed and such, thought I should let you know. In the beginning of September I'll be moving back to the states (moving in with my sister and her family) and im not sure if I'll be able to get access to the internet much if at all (since my sister and her husband use their phones for internet and don't have it installed at their home. So I'm really not sure when I'll be able to post again. I do hope I'll be able to post for Rend again.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Wow, well that must suck. What about your parents, are they going to be okay on their own? And I guess you're going to have to start working now too... ~screams~

Don't worry, Rend will be right here when you find a way to get back to us!

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

After thinking about it, I'm just going to update everyone (Rend and Vomit's) HP and let you finish the fight. Then I'll do a clean-up post and you can do what you want from there.

- So Rend basically throws Vomit into the abomination, that does some damage and then the abomination kills Vomit.

Edited by The Illuminati, 04 August 2017 - 03:37 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

i'll be posting today. Also from what X said, would this be put on hold or can I continue with Dar? Will you be interested in only updating me?

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

The story lines were already separated, so there's no need to put one on hold for the other. If anything, I'd probably start writing for Brix again to fill the void.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

The story lines were already separated, so there's no need to put one on hold for the other. If anything, I'd probably start writing for Brix again to fill the void.

looking forward to reading his adventures.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Wow, well that must suck. What about your parents, are they going to be okay on their own? And I guess you're going to have to start working now too... ~screams~

Don't worry, Rend will be right here when you find a way to get back to us!

I'm 27, so yea, i think they'll be fine lol.

Wooo, still got a month left, so depending on how fast we post and update, I can still post for rend until then.

- So Rend basically throws Vomit into the abomination, that does some damage and then the abomination kills Vomit.

That's the idea, yea. xD

Also from what X said, would this be put on hold or can I continue with Dar?

I'm not moving until September either the 10th or 14th....so I got a month left, i'm not leaving now lol.

Still got plenty of time to post.

Edited by I-Am-X, 07 August 2017 - 01:52 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

I'm 27, so yea, i think they'll be fine lol.

Wooo, still got a month left, so depending on how fast we post and update, I can still post for rend until then.

That's the idea, yea. xD

I'm not moving until September either the 10th or 14th....so I got a month left, i'm not leaving now lol.

Still got plenty of time to post.

I was just asking for an eventuality xP

I hope they get a hi speed wi-fi for you to not miss a beat ;D

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I see, just wanted to get it out there because it was starting to sound like my last post in the IC was my last one and thought I'd say something before she got written out/no update or something. xD

I'll finish up the fight later and move her a step closer to being on the same day as dar again. At least want to try to get her on the same day before I have to step away for a bit. lol

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

I was reading the latest chapter of Re:Monster (well, just looking through it to see how far the manga was) and I was reminded that they more-or-less combine the goblin names with their rank-ups. Do you guys want to do that too (Darlock/War-Dar), or is rank-up + name (Warlock Dar) good enough?

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

I think the plain naming scheme is good enough. I feel that if we stick to naming like the series then Darork would be a better one since Ogarou applies to Rou even if he is a special sub species.

Malevolent Reverie

Malevolent Reverie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDelhi, India

@Naifu: How does D'Alaces looks like?

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

@Naifu: How does D'Alaces looks like?

The demon is no longer female. T'is a bro! The last update was edited to reflect this change.
Spoiler

Edited by The Illuminati, 17 August 2017 - 06:32 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I do apologize for my lack of showing on batoto lately, unexpected events kind of put me on edge/worried about my upcoming future regarding my move (like my sisters current living situation, being evicted from her place and what not, then things happening to the place shes currently at), so my mind wasn't in the right place.

Anyways, I should probably give out a date of when im flying/moving back to the states and I fly out September 10th. So depending on if another unexpected situation arises or depending on the speed of posts and updates, next post may or may not be my last post for awhile pending i can find internet to continue rend's journey to being great again.

That said, I like the idea, would definitely feel more like 're:monster' with a naming scheme like that. For Rend, when she becomes a kitsune I'd have her go by Kitsu-rend, especially since in re:monster the naming always went [monster class] + [original name] = Overall name. Though, would be weird to call her anything other then Rend, so she'll probably keep it as a nickname or something apart from her official name.

Edit: Posted!

Edited by I-Am-X, 29 August 2017 - 01:35 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

How about we just use it (Re:Monster Naming System) as a 'true name'. So, like when your character is speaking to a god, or when the narrator speaks about you, they'll use your true name.

Rend

Spoiler

On another note: I'm going to start writing for Brix again and bring back in the humans. The initial arc will actually be a prequel for our characters. So basically, our human characters will die at the end and be reborn as goblins. That way, when the goblins run into the humans later, they -- we -- will have a stronger reason to hate them (or at least, the human kingdom closest to the goblin village). This should help you figure out your human characters better. So now that they've been linked together, I imagine you guys will want to change something about their bio. So feel free to do so and post the updated bio here. I'll post an update character sheet (for both goblins and humans) here in a second.

Edited by The Illuminati, 30 August 2017 - 10:57 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Updated Character Sheet: Goblin and Human

Brix

Spoiler

Isabela
Spoiler

World Map

Spoiler

Edited by The Illuminati, 30 August 2017 - 12:30 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

How about we just use it (Re:Monster Naming System) as a 'true name'. So, like when your character is speaking to a god, or when the narrator speaks about you, they'll use your true name.

Rend

Spoiler

On another note: I'm going to start writing for Brix again and bring back in the humans. The initial arc will actually be a prequel for our characters. So basically, our human characters will die at the end and be reborn as goblins. That way, when the goblins run into the humans later, they -- we -- will have a stronger reason to hate them (or at least, the human kingdom closest to the goblin village). This should help you figure out your human characters better. So now that they've been linked together, I imagine you guys will want to change something about their bio. So feel free to do so and post the updated bio here. I'll post an update character sheet (for both goblins and humans) here in a second.

Hmm, Wait, just so I dont misunderstand, our human characters die, get reborn as goblins and our goblins get revealed to be said former humans turned into goblins and have it wrapped up that the human portion was a flashback of sorts and the ones that didnt die or turn into goblins be the ones responsible for betraying/killing them? or totally different goblins? If so that would be totally cool

Loved the update, now to think of how to respond to Akta. Hmm...

Edited by I-Am-X, 02 September 2017 - 12:08 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler