Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kubera is twilight fanfiction (twilight spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts
Think about it:

•Leez/Bella meets Yuta/Edward
•Yuta/Edward stalks Leez/Bella
•Yuta/Edward is exponentially older then Leez/Bella
•Group of sura/vampires attack and want to kill everyone
•Yuta/Edward leaves Leez/Bella to protect her from himself
•Leez/Bella act out to get him to come back
•Leez/Bella forsake her human friends to be with Yuta/Edward
•There's a love triangle between the different races, Leez/Bella, Yuta/Edward, Kubera/Jacob
•Leez/Bella goes to live with the Chaos clan/Cullens

At this rate Leez will get pregnant, become a sura, fight another battle against stronger sura with the gods and chaos clan being on her side.

Currygom, I see what you are doing. I. See. IT!

No wonder the relationships and romance suck just like twilight.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Heh.......interesting.

Though, in all fairness, I'd have to have at least a clue about Twilight first to know if you were right or not :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
I always kind of thought this. Especially the love/hunger relationship between Yuta and Leez. And that's the only part I don't like about them.

But it's very different since Leez's feelings are much more different than Bella. Like her psychological state is very bad because of the destruction of her village and mostly Asha. Also she sees Yuta more like her friend rather than a lover(at least right now) and tries to hold him close even though he hurts her, because she has nobody else. Not like Bella, who is very much in love with Edward and all of her actions are based on her love for him.

And Yuta is much more different than Edward, personality wise. As far as i remember Edward tries to kill himself because he doesn't want to hurt Bella orsomething and sees himself as a creature that shouldn't exist. Like his existence is a pain to himself, very overly dramatic... I think he fits the byronic hero type. But Yuta has a strong personality, though sometimes weak and crying because of his uncontrollable hunger. (Edward has a dramatic hunger whereas Yuta has a crazy uncontrollable hunger). Yuta doesn't exist for Leez and wouldn't give his life for Leez, he was okay with the fact Leez would die someday and his feelings for her would go away/ she wouldn't mean anything to him at that point. I mean they are very alike because of their hunger for their loved ones, but his character feels better constructed.

Kubera and Jacob has nothing in similar though, that's nice. I ship Kubera^2 a lot.

I would argue chaos clan and actual human beings turned into domestic vampires are very very different lol

I mean the story line of Leez/Yuta, whole hunger thing is very similar and Yuta is very much sura equivalent of a vampire but I don't really think Currygom even read twilight. Doesn't seem her style hahah. And if she did she would be very much aware of those similarities and mostlikely would try to avoid them. I don't know about Korea but Twilight books became popular only after its movie in my country which was in 2009 afaik, I would guess the around the same time for Korea. Since Kubera started oficially in 2010, and was continuing as a webtoon in challange section,, it's vey unlikely Currygom read Twilight before or while planning/writing Kubera. Sooo unlikely to be a fanfiction of it lol

I read the books- I read them all ~6 years back and watched all the movies. ( I was a fan back then I guess, our whole school was crazy for it for a while even the boys) but I don't remember all the parts well, so there might be somethings I missed. While it encourages an abusive relationship I don't see why it's hated on the internet this much, their superpowers were cool lol. And I read some harlequin novels when I found them in my grandad's house around the same time, they were all cliche romance, -rich handsome man falls in love with a younger not that rich girl- they were much more worse in terms of abusive relationships lol and they were all my aunts could find to read when they were young, sadly most of teen girl books fits this category :/

Also on another note I heard cannibalism is a way, though very extreme, for expressing love; we have a hunger for the people we love and that's why we kiss them, with our mouths. I'm not sure about in english but in my language, people say stuff like "I will eat you" when talking to babies, and well some people bite baby feet/hands (not hurtful of course)

Popcrazy

Popcrazy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHint: there's lots of people

*Sees thread title*

*vomits a bit*

cocoa_mocha

cocoa_mocha

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationRindhallow, Willarv
Nooooooooo this can't happen :'( I want Leez for Kubera. Yes, yes i know he did some really bad things, but still...

In my opinion, Kubera falling for Leez...Leez falling for Kubera, that would make for an interesting dynamic. Yuta and Leez pretty much had their climax and screen time , the series has much more to go. It's like..."they're together, what else is there now?"
Alex still has a lot of explaining to do, and them meeting after
Spoiler
I just can't wait until we get that next encounter.
What more can the YutaxLeez ship bring to the table? How will their romance really help add to the bigger conflict in this story? (Though i do wonder what that insight was about when it looks like Yuta is fighting Leez.)

My biggest question is... if she hates that her father gave her that name, why does she make it her duty to protect a name that she despises? She could just stay as dead weight and let the chips fall as they may lol.
Spoiler

But i do see the similarities that you mentioned. On top of that, Edward can read minds just like Yuta lol I hope it doesn't turn out to be the same deal ;-; . There are too many factors for it to be the same though. I don't really know too much about Twilight so.... bleh

Edited by cocoa_mocha, 12 August 2016 - 10:48 PM.

F3k8fjN.jpg

Gotta love this guy.

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts
*sits back and sips tea*

Horseshoe Crab

Horseshoe Crab

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 551 posts

Also on another note I heard cannibalism is a way, though very extreme, for expressing love; we have a hunger for the people we love and that's why we kiss them, with our mouths. I'm not sure about in english but in my language, people say stuff like "I will eat you" when talking to babies, and well some people bite baby feet/hands (not hurtful of course)

In English, you sometimes hear phrases like "I could just eat you right up" spoken to cute little babies.