Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Free energy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I understand this is just a story, but the outrageousness of these powers and how it flies utterly in the face of all physics is astounding.

So he is using his arms to feed the village, even if his regen power is perfectly efficient in replicating all the matter that was in the arm, the human digestive system is very inefficient, and stuff like bone obviously can't be consumed.  This applies both to the people he is feeding, and himself, since he need to replace the energy used.  So they would need to feed him more food then they could get from his arm, no way around it.

Also, he spent a year or whatever doing nothing but burning and regening, and then goes on a long journey regenerating all the while. He never eats or drinks anything.

Somehow he gets burned up to only a eyeball, yet manages to perfectly replicate his brain entirely, without losing who he is, even able to think thoughts without a brain. But as outrageous as that regen power is, his most outragous power is that of free energy and matter. I mean he doesn't even reclaim lost matter, he just makes new stuff. At least he should be like the liquid metal terminator, all the burned parts rejoining and reforming with the original. With this kind of power, he should just create a power plant from nothing and infrastructure to deliver power. Instead of feeding people his arms, he should produce regular real human food out of of thin air with his unlimited energy and matter ability.

And of course a fire that burns without oxygen is like... I struggle to think of something equally as absurd, since fire is a oxygen chemical reaction.  Fine, fire that burns without oxygen and burns anything. So how come it isn't burning the ground, or the snow, or the water, or the fireproof material? I mean if this fire is so amazing, it should be burning up the world.  I guess this is fire that is intelligent and able to figure out whether something is alive, targeting specifically living things and then make sure that only that living person is burned to ashes. Though, where does it keep its mind? Does each fire have its own mind? Is there some fire magic spirit watching over the flames?

Edited by truepurple, 02 August 2016 - 07:49 PM.

Pyronex

Pyronex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Holy crap its like you've never read manga. One person froze the world, that should be more of a concern. This shit is tame for normal manga asspull standards. Everything he touches lights on fire the ground doesn't burn because there is snow everywhere and it just evaporates. Stick to non-fiction, what are you trying to do here?

Delete me 12345567

Delete me 12345567

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

The world of this manga is just as absurd as the vast majority of other supernatural worlds. Its just that this manga doesn't bother to hide the absurdity behind some arbitrary energy (such as ki or mana) or pseudo-science excuses. Do you find it jarring? I think that's the point.