Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Are AE idiots?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ordos2011

ordos2011

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
In chapter 1 and 4, I saw a tank firing at a high rank. Was the AE gunner an idiot? Didn't he know that the high ranks are invulnerable to conventional weapons? I thought the author has clearly stated that!
By the way, can high ranks monsters be destroyed by nuclear bombs? I'm curious. Is there any page in the story about that?

grandking3

grandking3

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
there's nothing stupid about using whatever weapons you have at your disposal to fight an enemy, regardless of how usless it may be.

ku4eto

ku4eto

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationBulgaria,Sofia
^ Agree with that. Also what else could you do ? Run ? Better try with the 0% success rate of hitting the high level. Death will come to get him regardless if he runs or stay.

"Together we fight.... for the blood of the nations!"
"Running through life with blindfolds..."

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Not sure about high-ranked beasts being destroyed by weapons of mass destruction, but in the flashback with Pray and Anne, they did have a satellite shoot this beam that at least forced one of them to land, didn't they?

Parakewl

Parakewl

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
I believe all beasts are vulnerable to conventional weaponry once their shields runs out.

High ranked beast have superior shielding and greater power in general, but to my understandering if their core reaches its limit their shield will disappear making them extremely vulnerable.
I'm getting my information from the Chapter 23 - Retreat. There are mentions of keeping Fear until constant fire to exhaust its core and thus destroying its shield. The problem is that it's stated that Fear's weakness is a low-level core. C-Rank I think? So I can't vouch for how effective a method it is firing at regular High Ranks who might have higher ranked cores.

My whole point (which I'm trying to make, but failing by rambling) is that any attacks against a shielded beast are effective to the point that they force the beast to use its shield and waste some of its power. Secondly, all beasts seem to be vulnerable to normal weaponry as long as their shields are down. (In regards to High Ranks it seems near impossible to do without using mass amounts of fire power.)
I think WMDs are just as ineffective against a High Rank's shield as normal weaponry albiet it might cause a greater strain on their core. I guess if the weapon was strong enough it might be able to completely deplete their shield in one shot and kill them. A single nuke probably wouldn't be enough I'd say.