Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thoughts on the Manga

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ballinbaroque

ballinbaroque

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Dedede is quite the ironic counterpart of it's predecessor Oyasumi Punpun.

What is meant to be a much more "happy" and "lighthearted" Manga despite the undertones of socio-political effect the invaders have had with their newfound presence in Japan it's quite daunting to find that even with the cute art, fun intelligent dialogue, and witty humor this manga has gone overall under noticed. 

I feel that  it's the author's unique artstyle that drives people in, and since most are not accustomed to his type of storytelling those brought in are not inclined to stay.

Even with "Oyasumi PunPun" it still failed to become vastly popular, even "Aku no Hana" with deviled into the same topics in a different way received accreditation with a crudely animated 12 episode series. 

However I think that these are the qualities that add charm to such manga, and especially dedede and PunPun.

PunPun was a marvelous journey that never failed to make me scratch the inside of my skull with how shockingly relatable each character was. 
With my own College life approaching and the all too real diminishing youth of my life dedede only re enforces the feelings I had previously when reading such manga in the past. 

I think the two pages I'll be attaching to my post highlight the charm, surrealism, and ever present wonder of Dedede

I think the big takeaway from this manga is that you should

Take care of yourself, be happy and live good fun lives.

You should make plenty of happy memories.

The world's a big, huge, ever changing place. 

And so are we.

Attached Files

Edited by braindeadmuffin, 22 August 2016 - 12:11 AM.

eidon

eidon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm enthralled by DeDeDeDe -- the characters are ALIVE, the story is fantastic, the art sublime. I LOVE It!

syayon

syayon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I do admire japanese mangaka work on philosophy & sociology manga type genre, its really dark & it really need someone to be open-minded for it to understand what's actually the author wanted to tell you.