Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hello To All (The Introduction)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Umedyn

Umedyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Hello to all (re-iteration to show that this is an introduction,) My name is Umedyn! So a little bit about my self. I am an artist currently working on my own original manga (all from scratch, like making homemade biscuits, but without the food and nap needed afterwards), I have just finished the first chapter and I am hoping to get a larger reader base, which is why I am here!

Yay obviously shameless self-promoting/plug! I do other types of art besides manga, and if one of the staff says I'm allowed to, I will happily post a link to my art-blog, where I rant and rave between my drawings.

Other than that, I am an avid manga reader (mainly yuri) and hope to have fun! That's about it for my rambling, so I'll just go now!

Thank you for taking the time to read this roaming intro, which I'm sure lets you know JUST how odd I am!

-Umedyn

cropped-prologue-page-2-3-21.png  -

Umedyn's original Yuri Manga link to Umedyn's Kokoro No Kinu page at Art Blog.

Bato.to page -> http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/kokoro-no-kinu-r18880

Umedyn's Art Blog - Were one can see all the pretty (and not so pretty pictures) Umedyn draws,and the rants and half-formed ideas inbetween!
Umedyn's Gallery - See the pictures not tied to Umedyn's manga

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hi, Umedyn, welcome to batoto :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Yahooo welcome to Batoto!

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

MangaMoo

MangaMoo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Welcome fellow newcomer!

I think most forums allows a limited self-promotion, unless it's commersial/monitary.

In fact I think it should be encouraged when it comes to such a relevant thing to promote. Scanlators may promote themselves at the Scanlator Requests sub-forum, but there is no mangaka sub-forum.

But I'm a newcomer, and don't have any authority on the subject. It's just knowledge of other forums. Hell, even Reddit self-promotion is allowed on relevant sub-reddits, even if it's a paid game on Steam. Reddit, where a comment may be downvoted like crazy once it gets a few downvotes behind it (mob mentality), and if your comment isn't a sob-story or following the accepted patterns you are ignored. edit: structured this sentence...

I've not seen enough on here, but I've seen scanlation groups are being linked to in user signatures in banners. And I've even seen web-stores promoted in banners. So if this would be a problem, it's complete bullshit.

But at least you could send a link to me in a PM -- I'm interested in seeing indie works!

edit:

The Batoto forums could really be a great way of promoting your manga, as users are now forced to register on the site, automatically making you a forum-user.
It has good to great scans, and does proper promotion of scanlation groups for mangas, unlike other sites, so a simple registration is worth it, so there will be a crazy lot of members here ^^

And under the general forum rules (https://vatoto.com/forums/forum-0/announcement-2-rules-guidelines/), self-promoting in signatures is not a problem.

Edited by MangaMoo, 15 May 2016 - 11:13 AM.

Umedyn

Umedyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Well, thank you all for the words of encouragement. As self-promotion goes, I guess my signature will have to work, which I have just updated. But I hope you peeps like my creations!

Umedyn's Art Blog - Were one can see all the pretty (and not so pretty pictures) Umedyn draws,and the rants and half-formed ideas inbetween!

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Welcome to Batoto, Umedyn. Not to knock biscuits (or naps) but best wishes on your manga/artistic endeavors. Please enjoy your stay.

Bokuboy

Bokuboy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 260 posts

Hi, Umedyn!

This is a good place to promote your stuff (while getting an eyeful of manga). If it draws more people into the the forum, then I believe it's more than welcome.

There's even a self-publishing option, if you upload chapters here. They love original stuff!

Plus, it's a good way to get new readers.

Good luck, and I hope you do well.

Welcome to the forum!

*\(シ)/*

Russet potatoes are the most delicious!

Umedyn

Umedyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Thank you for the warm welcomes, and I already have uploaded the first chapter of Kokoro No Kinu to Bato.to, you can find the link in my siggy.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
U mean kuni ie country

Umedyn

Umedyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

U mean kuni ie country

Nope, to quote http://japanesefile.com/Nouns/kinu_3.html

きぬ - kinu - 絹 - silk

"kinu" can be translated from Japanese to mean "silk" in English. The Japanese kanji for "kinu" is .

In Japanese, is read as きぬ.

"kinu" is a level 3 noun in Japanese.

The title is Kokoro No Kinu (絹), which is roughly translated into "Heart's Silk" or something along those lines,