Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Random thoughts/SHOUT SOMETHING RANDOM!!!

• Please log in to reply
535889 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Well, I am comparing it to America. And we have worse versions of both of those problems, quite frankly.

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Yeah American healthcare and education are fucked

I invite everyone reading this to the Batoto discord https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy 

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I would say our university graduate research education is top notched. No expenses spared. Top technology. Healthcare is the same. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Well, there is a small difference in that the universities seem like they should be fixable in theory, but the healthcare financing model we have is so fundamentally cuckoo that it's not even clear what a fix would look like.

But yes. Top shelf stuff indeed. A luxury, apparently.

(Realistically—our universities are quite good. After all, they can take someone with an American public education and turn them into a worker who is technically competitive on the global market! That's quite a feat!)

(Our healthcare less so.)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

True

The healthcare issue is a problem with just about every developed country. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I'm at that point in a video game where I've been having a lot of fun and I'm still having fun but creeping doubts begin to invade about whether it's okay that I'm spending this much of my life on this particular thing.

(It's good to have this defence mechanism, but sometimes I wish it wouldn't rear its head.)

(Still, it's good for me to remember that there's more than what I am doing right now.)

Edited by pokari, 14 November 2019 - 06:20 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

what game is this?

my current fav past time is listening to robot text to speech while i fall asleep

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Aww. What does your robot read to you? >w<

And, Elite Dangerous. Despite the name it's a very slow game, most of it is free-boating around getting from place to place and such.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

currently just light fiction but I need another way of absorbing information without using my eyes

tumbaad is a good horror movie. I didn't see it per say but I've seen a review / abridged version of it and it has a good theme  

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Nobody around me like horror movies/stories/etc. when I was a child and I think I completely failed to develop any appreciation for them.

Like, why does one normally "enjoy" something that is "scary"? There's an anticipation of something there (perhaps just adrenaline for some people? Not sure) that I think I'm lacking. And I feel like perhaps it didn't develop sinply since no one was triple-dog-daring me to watch such things.

Or just lack of exposure...? I know I've slowly (via large amounts of shoujo manga and the like) developed an appreciation for very certain varieties of stupid-drama-bordering-on-melodrama of a certain self-indulgent variety, which I have no explanation for other that I've slowly been trained to anticipate certain emotional elements that I've slowly aquired a taste for. Is horror like that?

Or is it just my inherent comparative lack of appreciation for thriller/suspense elements, of which much of horror is grounded in?

It's hard to say. Of course, I could go expose myself to more of it for science, but most horror is incidentally full of bad things happening to people (not a requirement for horror, technically, but it would seem to make things easier) and most of the time that isn't really my thing.

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

horror is acceptable as dispenser of karmic justice in some sense

so for example, wishing for things that you're deserving of (Monkey's paw, pet semetary)

There's also horror for the sake of sheer horror - which is meaningless :(

have you considered why a crowd of crows is called "a murder" ?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

so I continued watching horror movie summaries last night - kinda morbid but whatever

also my eyes hurt - guess i will have to transition to using audiobooks

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

I hate everything ... again

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Got ecstasy? makes you like your fellow humans again

works on octopus too

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/what-ecstasy-does-to-octopuses?utm_source=pocket-newtab

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I hate everything ... again

*hugs* D':

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany

Hugs aint helping with this one chief, hugs dont pay bills

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

sell bath water man

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I'm sorry, moral support is about as much as I can offer :/

If you can't buy hugs that's a shame though. I mean, pre-packaged obviously wouldn't be the same as home-made, but... They should come in 10-packs.

Wooah, I'm sleepy and talking nonsense now :'D Nigh' night folks. I hope tomorrow is a better day, regardless of however this one went.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

sleep actually helps with almost all problems

eternal sleep can solve existential ones