Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Random thoughts/SHOUT SOMETHING RANDOM!!!

• Please log in to reply
535901 replies to this topic

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

"It's reported that most labels, small or big, have similar costs to debut an idol group. Based on this, if an idol group does not manage to succeed within 2-3 years, their debt can build up over 1 billion KRW (940,000 USD)."

Spoiler

Lol...

"MONSTA X received their first ever paycheck from profits 6 months ago" (2+ years after debut and they're a group that did fairly well). When you work for 2 years without getting paid. I actually just talked about this with someone a few days ago. Imagine getting paid 10 months in advance and then having to work for 10 months without getting paid. I'd have zero motivation...

Now imagine being in a small unpopular group that disbands when you still have like a 100k+ debt left... how does that work out for those people?

Edited by Aurum, 19 April 2018 - 08:41 AM.

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

How far can I go

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
It doesn't work out for those people

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Not very far

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

The idol life is not very idyllic 

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Well, they aren't called idles

Actually the new Cube girl group will be called I-dles or something like that. Would be hilarious if they were like CLC and just idle forever in the beginning because then their name would be really fitting

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

The idol life is not very ideal was better

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

It really isn't. Which is why I feel bad for unsuccessful groups (unless they barely have any talent to spare. I'm sorry but everyone should be expected to be good at their job).

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
LdocPrX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Socrates, 19 April 2018 - 11:05 AM.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Being good at your job is so old school smh

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Who needs to be good at their job when you can just become a teacher

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I hate when people say that kind of thing :[

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
Ya we need to pay teachers more money

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

we do

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

Lol

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
But pay Aurum no money

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

yes let's do that

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
Being a teacher in Germany is completely different from being a teacher in other countries. You get a lot of benefits (like paying considerably less taxes) and you can't even fire most of them. That's how you end up with lazy teachers who talk to you about their ex instead of teaching chemistry and can't even be fired.
This doesn't go for all teachers though (just like with health care there are two classes of teachers) and they're working on changing the can't-be-fired thing.
Their benefits also lead many people to hate them and other Beamte (public servants/officials)
There are non-Beamte teachers though and they have less rights (except they have the additional right to protest which public officials don't have, but ironically if they protest for higher wages the public official teachers get them too so)

Yet we don't have enough teachers in Germany, because we also don't have enough schools and not everyone wants to work with kids (and imo it's good that those people then won't work with kids)

Edited by Aurum, 19 April 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

People also hate on teachers here for their few benefits

It's hot in here

Edited by Rol, 19 April 2018 - 03:05 PM.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Aurum

Aurum

Crispy Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

It's hot outside but friggin cold inside. Rn it's refreshing cause I just got home from the hot weather

I was in a public institution rn and some dude dropped a wooden board on my foot/toe. Too bad this isn't America so I could sue the money out of them. Idk how I was born with this much bad luck. And this is just after my bloody toe nail has grown out from the last time someone else dropped something on my foot

And this idiot kept giving me the stupid document for the wrong address despite me telling him it's the wrong one. And now he sent it to the wrong address too but I don't give a shit anymore. I'll just take the printout with the wrong address, hand it in in person, and hope they don't care or else I gotta go there again next Thursday

Ok enough whining, just needed to vent about how much this evening sucks.

Edited by Aurum, 19 April 2018 - 03:25 PM.