Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Irrational fear of kubera series not coming to a concussion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Anyone else read the news about the two Korea's , and fear that we may never see (read ) the conclusion of Kubera . Remembering the Japanese earthquake and how the manga's were postponed several weeks   ( and rightly so ) Life before pleasure  .

Several Manhwa and Mangas have stopped mid story leaving the readers in the lurch . 

Edited by battradio, 31 March 2016 - 02:20 PM.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

is this about north korea saying they have their nukes or something? don't worry they like making a bunch of noise about it but are pretty aware that any actual action would lead to them being flattened to the ground. just them making a fuss per usual.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Hopefully long hiatus  of kubera , we just learned about doesn't derail its conclusion 

Tsarina

Tsarina

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

There is a possibility that it couldn't reach of a conclusion, but I find it unlikely since I assume Currygom is rather young. It could be a lot worse than a year hiatus with a distant conclusion. A Song of Ice and Fire series has been ongoing for about 20 years, and it is still 2+ books from its conclusion with 67 year old author.

Edited by Tsarina, 31 March 2016 - 03:07 PM.

decapus

decapus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts

there's always that fear when you follow a long and on-going story...

what if the author died or publisher gone bankrupt...

or the author just couldn't get the popularity to publish... or some silly copyright issue (e.g. Spectacular Spider-man)

or the company decided to go another direction (e.g. Star Wars: the clone wars)  (Disney, I am still very bitter that you cancelled these 2 shows...)

dozen of things could happen.... all we can hope is things will go well...

-----------------

there are also examples where long running series do end...  like Ah! My Goddess... it ended a very long run, 20+ years I think?  From no cell phones to smart phone basically

Edited by decapus, 31 March 2016 - 09:03 PM.