Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Why would they get punished for heroing?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

http://vatoto.com/reader#265b795a7cbe0421_18chapter 56 page 18

So what exactly would they need to be punished for if it were made public? What kind of punishment?(I know it's likely no one could know this) And why didn't that apply when the villains attacked the training park? They battled the super villains without any supervision at all.

For that matter Grand Tarismo(isn't that  a video game?)/old trainer/mentor guy and Deku were going to fight some bad guys for training too. So wouldn't that violate the same laws?  If it's a matter of supervision, there was a official hero at the scene, even if he was paralysed during most of it.

Edited by truepurple, 29 February 2016 - 12:35 PM.

Haremmony

Haremmony

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

This is just my thought.

Maybe because Stain at the times is the most infamous villain that people fears and curious about the most. Society want him judged. If a villain labelled by police as Highest Level Danger actually defeated by students, it will definitely cause a very grand-scale hype, that could ignite the spirit of many amateur heroes to also do the risk. It may sound good if more heroes are becoming more heroic but in the long term heroes dying left and right only result on public's depression and grief. If Stain is the only threat in the world then maybe, but the Police knows about Villain Alliance, they can't let the Society be like that.

The matter in the training park, i believe the news actually spread, remember in the sport festival how many people comments on Class-A for their encounter with Villains? The difference is the whole tragedy is happening in the academy's property, so maybe the academy has authority to make it so the news are simply "Class A survive briliantly!"  Not "Class A defeats the Villains!" to protect them from Law Violation.

The Mentor Training, I believe the Villain that the Mentor will chose for training purpose are some third-rate not famous baddies who only a bank robber at best, defeating this kind of villain will not trigger any grand-scale hype nor violating rules bad enough to merits any punishments.

TL:DR: 

Stain is at the times the most wanted and the most dangerous villain in Police eyes, so it was risky to spread the news that this "seemingly rated Max-Notoriety Villain by the police is actually defeated by kids".

Why?

The worst possible reason: is because Police doesn't want to lose face,

The Best possible reason: The police knows this kind of news will only make the students targeted by all sorts of villain.

Edited by Haremmony, 02 March 2016 - 07:41 AM.

KatsuraKy

KatsuraKy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

It's most likely because it's illegal for the kids to be acting as heroes without, being actual heroes.

I feel like I remember some other evidence but the one that comes to mind right now is Grad Torino in /comics/2015/12/08/b/read5667065cbff08/img000005.png

Saying how Midoriya wouldn't be able to wear his Hero Costume UNLESS accompanied by a hero. 

💖I'm Kat💖

Belruel

Belruel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

https://youtu.be/uVdV-lxRPFo?t=40s

This is a world where heroism is regulated and commercialized, so there are some legal and financial restrictions in place. Also, allowing children to act as heroes is just one step away from sponsoring child soldiers really. It's one thing to train children as heroes. Totally another to send those same children in to active combat zones as combatants.

Also, in the park, the kids were practicing self defense whereas against Stain, they were actively looking for him. There were extenuating circumstances around the actual fight so the kids got away with barely a wrist slap. However, it doesn't change their intent to disobey their orders and pursue a villain at the time. If the heroes had intentionally killed Stain in that fight, they'd probably have become a vigilante and criminal.

Edited by Belruel, 14 March 2016 - 06:09 PM.

domoon

domoon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Just like in driving school, you'll be fined if you got caught driving before getting your licences. Or in medical school, you'll go to the box if you prescribe someone with medicine while you're still on your first year.
Here being hero is a profession. With license and all. They even get paid for it.

Tam Cruz

Tam Cruz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

If people (especially license-less heroes) could use their quirks whenever they want, all hell breaks loose

www.thetrendspotter.netwp-contentuploads

lygarx

lygarx

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

super human registration act. 

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
The point was is how it seemed to apply in this instance in such extreme, and not at all in other examples. Belruel has been the only of repliers to the thread that has broached the main subject of the thread.

One reason might be because author needed it. A story driven inconsistency put in to get the story to move in the direction the author needed. I dislike it when stories do that. The god hand of the author should be more invisible then that.

The rest, yes I get hero registration and regulating quirks, I don't need to be told something that obvious.

Edited by truepurple, 17 April 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Haremmony

Haremmony

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

The point was is how it seemed to apply in this instance in such extreme, and not at all in other examples. Belruel has been the only of repliers to the thread that has broached the main subject of the thread.

Wait, that's definitely not what the title of this thread want.

You should change the title then if what you want is not really the answer of "why would they get punished for heroing?"

Maybe to "Why is that this law was never been a problem before the Stain's arc?"

One reason might be because author needed it. A story driven inconsistency put in to get the story to move in the direction the author needed.

While that may be true, i don't really felt any inconsistency there.

Stain's arc is different from other previous arc so far in the first place, because:

1. The true trigger is Iida's reckless vengeance, not the villain attacking them first.

2. There are witnesses (Iida's WorkField Mentor and that Native Hero the victim of Stain) who may not totally kept the students flaw a secret to police cuz they aren't staff at Uei.

3. Stain's actually successfully defeated and apprehended.

With this different details it's not strange that the matter of law finally explored.

Plus, the fact that the police actually offer to let them slide from punishment for the cost of fame, is a definite proof that the police themself doesn't like this law especially when they know the unlicensed heroes are just doing justice.

Edited by Haremmony, 18 April 2016 - 04:22 PM.