Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thus, I reviewed Helck

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Here's that thing:

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/helck/

I just started writing reviews this week, and my Helck review is bigger than my first two reviews combined. It's kind of massive. I quite like Helck, and it took me a while to explain why. I don't actually think everyone ever can enjoy this series, so maybe all these words will inform you whether or not it's up your alley. Or maybe you just want to read a thing that's someone gushing over Helck for 3000 words. That's cool too.

OH, and I wasn't sure if it would be smart to reference scanlation on a review that also tells you how to buy stuff, but I want to give a HUMONGOUS thanks to rello for translating this series in a marvelous fashion that boosted its popularity. I can't thank that guy enough.

Edited by Swifft, 12 February 2016 - 10:40 PM.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

rello

rello

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts

Good stuff. Glad you enjoy it.

lenyek_penyek

lenyek_penyek

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

There you go, Rello the legend himself praises you.

You must be proud now.

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Yes, I feel like I'm ascending.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

azbarimon

azbarimon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

Nice review, it was quite enjoyable. You made me wonder, Helck, being a western based hero, could be a parody of He-man?

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Nice review, it was quite enjoyable. You made me wonder, Helck, being a western based hero, could be a parody of He-man?

I definitely got that impression from him, or maybe a Conan the Barbarian parody.

And thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

ROAR! TWIGLION!

Beansprout

Beansprout

Fingerling Potato

• tC Trainee
  • 50 posts

Seconded what everyone's saying. My only fear is that Helck and Rello will change.

Spoiler

karl0017

karl0017

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I like how they manage to pull an amazing non-linear plotline, it's really rare.
and at this much, its actually pretty amazing.

Swifft

Swifft

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHamamatsu

Seconded what everyone's saying. My only fear is that Helck and Rello will change.

At least this doesn't seem like "endless shounen" so it might reach a conclusion before getting bad.

I like how they manage to pull an amazing non-linear plotline, it's really rare.
and at this much, its actually pretty amazing.

Yeah, and it surprisingly feels really balanced. Good stuff.

ROAR! TWIGLION!