Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

japanophile new to bato

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Prof_Tea

Prof_Tea

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNortheastern USA

Hello all,

About me:

Hobbies/Interests:  see profile
Favorite Anime [series]:  eureka 7

Favorite Anime [movie]:  summer wars
Favorite Manga:  nana to karu
Others?:

- household owned manga (complete series):  eureka 7 (en & jp), GitS; rurouni kenshin

- favorite unfinished (by author) manga:  king of debris

- favorite source of paper manga:  public library

- household owned anime (complete series):  eureka 7,  last exile, samurai champloo, trigun, crest of the stars, record of lodoss war, samurai 7, GitS:SSS; rurouni kenshin, strawberry eggs, fruits basket

- favorite live-action-anime-esq movie:  fifth element

- what want to be when grow up: english teacher in japan, jp->en manga/doujinshi translator

About what I've read on bato so far:

like Polboron,
[...] came here from mangafox and mangareader after seeing the watermarks the scanlators put on their work. [...] I wanted to show support to the scanlators out there so I came out here. [like] the site so far!

like Yuuza,
[...] I am an avid fan of certain mangas and found this site from other manga sites. I must say that I'm [glad] to have FINALLY found a site that actually supports scanlators instead of posting up others work without permission. I'd just like to thank you guys for coming up with this great idea, an idea in which I never thought would happen, and am glad that its finally come to fruition. Thanks for all your hard work guys and keep up the good work!

like tTSubject,
Just like many I found this site through reading on others. I was oblivious until now as to what scanlators were going through. It felt like a big debt I really wanted to repay them some how for offering me the possibility of reading manga.[...] the least I could do is come here to read the manga. So ....um... Thank you

thx to nevernown for turning on to TXi-CAB on soundcloud

Saint Potato, Cards Against Humanity is an *evil* nsfw game

agree with 101010,
bigotry and ignorance have no place in modern society. Because people do not realize that their posts can trigger people and how dreadful that is for the victims. Because today some of the most serious crimes around the world are precisely virtual rape and on-line PTSD.

Few questions:

- how are tags used? is there a list of common tags somewhere?

- why limited # of likes/day? (why not like FB?)

- what are thoughts about (not review of) "free" iphone manga reader(s) - ZingBox (no ads)

Edited by Prof_Tea, 23 January 2016 - 06:14 PM.

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." -- Konstantin Josef Jireček

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hi, welcome to batoto 

Tn7HA0h.png

bonfart

bonfart

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

hi, anyone agrees with that fagget 101010 is my enemy

watch your back.

take it all in pffffffff

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

agree with 101010,

bigotry and ignorance have no place in modern society. Because people do not realize that their posts can trigger people and how dreadful that is for the victims. Because today some of the most serious crimes around the world are precisely virtual rape and on-line PTSD.

101010 was being sarcastic. "virtual rape" and "on-line PTSD" should let you know he's messing with you. that's not to say his viewpoint on bigotry and ignorance is incorrect. 

it also doesn't mean he always follows his own advice.

Prof_Tea

Prof_Tea

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Hello svines85; who's in your sig?

Hello teacup; "Can we all get along?".  FYI - 101010 base 2 = 42, the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Hello smithFishy; oh - figured "most serious crimes" was hyperbole for effect.

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." -- Konstantin Josef Jireček

iTwixie

iTwixie

Potato

• Contributor
  • 174 posts
  • Locationservices are not available.

Welcome to Batoto, I'm glad you want to support scanlators. You can check out the Recruitment section and join a scanlation group if you're interested.

Um, let's see...

For tags, you just enter tags when you make a new topic, like here

Spoiler

I don't think there's a list of tags commonly used since people don't really use tags here.

And I didn't know you can only like a certain amount of posts a day o.o

And as for thoughts, I think it's better if you make a new topic in the General Discussion section of the forum. I feel like this wouldn't be a welcoming post if I go any further...

aae9147e34.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

fagget 101010

Heh....that's a little surprising, just looking at your membership date I'm surprised you've been around long enough to know just how much 101010 has done to garner dislike on this site. Good for you, forewarned is forearmed, eh?   :)

Hello svines85; who's in your sig?

Random hentai girl   :D

Nah, a cut-out from the May 2015 issue of Comic Shitsurakuten......here you go if you're interested, it's ecchi but safe :)

Spoiler

Edited by svines85, 24 January 2016 - 06:00 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Prof_Tea

Prof_Tea

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Hello iTwixie; thanks for the scanlator recruit thread. as noob, gotta check out online tutorials first
  - thx about tag info
  - was asking about likes/day, not posts/day
  - for thoughts, found similar GD topic instead:
https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/23758-batoto-on-mobile-devices/

svines85 - thx for ref - was thinking more spicy (in b&w looks like tongue)
  - while asking, who's your avatar? : )

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

svines85 - thx for ref - was thinking more spicy (in b&w looks like tongue)
  - while asking, who's your avatar? : )

That's Jane, from Green Boy, a very, very good webtoon (as long as you're ok with some romance thrown in with your action and drama :D)

It's not here anymore because of, well, reasons...... I'd recommend, if you're interested in reading it, either on MangaPark or KissManga since they have longstrip readers   :)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59754

Edited by svines85, 24 January 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

bonfart

bonfart

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

Heh....that's a little surprising, just looking at your membership date I'm surprised you've been around long enough to know just how much 101010 has done to garner dislike on this site. Good for you, forewarned is forearmed, eh?   :)

i just vaguely remember a haughty cockroach that no matter how much you squish him, he shamelessly keeps crawling, dragging his filth along with him all over the forum. he's been gone for a while, but appearantly his stink is still around. disgusting. i almost forget him, but you had to go and make me remember *spits D:

take it all in pffffffff

ThatYellowFever

ThatYellowFever

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationIreland

Hello all,

About me:

Hobbies/Interests:  see profile
Favorite Anime [series]:  eureka 7

Favorite Anime [movie]:  summer wars
Favorite Manga:  nana to karu
Others?:

- household owned manga (complete series):  eureka 7 (en & jp), GitS; rurouni kenshin

- favorite unfinished (by author) manga:  king of debris

- favorite source of paper manga:  public library

- household owned anime (complete series):  eureka 7,  last exile, samurai champloo, trigun, crest of the stars, record of lodoss war, samurai 7, GitS:SSS; rurouni kenshin, strawberry eggs, fruits basket

- favorite live-action-anime-esq movie:  fifth element

- what want to be when grow up: english teacher in japan, jp->en manga/doujinshi translator

About what I've read on bato so far:

like Polboron,
[...] came here from mangafox and mangareader after seeing the watermarks the scanlators put on their work. [...] I wanted to show support to the scanlators out there so I came out here. [like] the site so far!

like Yuuza,
[...] I am an avid fan of certain mangas and found this site from other manga sites. I must say that I'm [glad] to have FINALLY found a site that actually supports scanlators instead of posting up others work without permission. I'd just like to thank you guys for coming up with this great idea, an idea in which I never thought would happen, and am glad that its finally come to fruition. Thanks for all your hard work guys and keep up the good work!

like tTSubject,
Just like many I found this site through reading on others. I was oblivious until now as to what scanlators were going through. It felt like a big debt I really wanted to repay them some how for offering me the possibility of reading manga.[...] the least I could do is come here to read the manga. So ....um... Thank you

thx to nevernown for turning on to TXi-CAB on soundcloud

Saint Potato, Cards Against Humanity is an *evil* nsfw game

agree with 101010,

Few questions:

- how are tags used? is there a list of common tags somewhere?

- why limited # of likes/day? (why not like FB?)

- what are thoughts about (not review of) "free" iphone manga reader(s) - ZingBox (no ads)

Welcome to Batoto :)

i just vaguely remember a haughty cockroach that no matter how much you squish him, he shamelessly keeps crawling, dragging his filth along with him all over the forum. he's been gone for a while, but appearantly his stink is still around. disgusting. i almost forget him, but you had to go and make me remember *spits D:

Who is this 101010? What did they do?

Mushiren

Mushiren

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationFloating about

welcome

I too like summer wars

tumblr_mb92vwi93R1qfbz1so1_500.gif

Cx1SVSV.png

Zeƒƒ Schrödingo