Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

xPearse

xPearse

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBelfast, Northern Ireland.

What are your general thoughts on the series? I'm interested to know.

Evangelion, Higurashi, Terra Formars and video game translations
http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/

Limilicious

Limilicious

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts

I can't remember which manga it was but this gave me a similar feel of another mixed with your traditional apocalyptic roles.

Maybe it was something like Eden no Ori? No, that's different. I can't remember. Basically, your group of survivors enter some new environment and then there's an "expert" that knows things. But this "expert" isn't your leader but s/he's the one that kick ass and saves the day. The bugs idea isn't bad. Was it Terra Formars? I don't remember either. But I think Terra Formars often talked about their different insects or animals they used. When the expert talked about it, it gave me a similar feeling.

As for your traditional apocalyptic roles, I meant it as your snobby ass leader, who isn't much of a leader. The one that always sway towards the strongest. The "whore", who I don't really need to explain much. The trouble stirrer that basically stir up trouble within the group. I think this and the whore is one in the manga.

I do have mixed opinions though. I personally prefer pure survival plot instead of a drama oriented one. This seems to lean towards the latter, maybe. I don't know what happens next, but the whore is being manipulative and making things dramatic. I do understand that many plots with this kind of theme have the whore role. But I do really hate it. It gives me a really bad taste.

I think my thoughts are all over the place. I'll end it here.

I am a Kleptomaniac.

Hollowcantaro

Hollowcantaro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSpanishtan

It's like Eden no Ori with the bi*** from Battle Royal... but the characters suc* im every way posible.

History goes makes no sense, people die too fast (for such a small group) and in too "gory" ways.

Pyronex

Pyronex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Too many utter garbage tier bad guy characters.

Zephiris

Zephiris

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Location‽‽‽

Not enough psychological thriller, too many characters that seem to be so far detached from reality that it borderlines absurdity...

Also, compared to Eden no Ori, it also have a weaker setting with bugs, as bugs lack the respiratory capability to really grow big unless in a hyperoxygenated environment like the carboniferous period, and that high of an O2 is usually poisonous to the human, so much of the scifi part goes unexplained.

p.s. more murder, rapine, and pillage will make this story much more interesting ;p

‽‽‽

Demut

Demut

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
The fan service is way too blatant.

But I guess it can’t be helped; a man has to read ...

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

Having keeping up with this manga, I just hope this doesn't end like Eden no Ori or Bleach does.

It's a great manga that has it ups & downs compared to Eden no Ori.

> I'm generally more harsh to unpopular manga when I first read them

Edited by SolemnNotice, 19 October 2016 - 06:27 PM.

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler

deathinvenice

deathinvenice

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
more psychotic sexy girls with stronger sadistic tendencies would be nice.