Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LN Translations, Slow and... Unsteady

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWherever there is Internet

This is Dijon, the idiot translator/scanslator who loves My Love Tiger. I'm translating the LN, titled Me and the Tigress. The translation quality's about a C+, but the original Korean is pretty elementary, so I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Here's the link: https://dijoninpieces.wordpress.com/

So here's how this'll go: when I get tired of the manhwa, I'll go to the LN. When I get tired of the LN, I'll switch to the manhwa. Sorry, but I really am that fickle.

MagicChicken

MagicChicken

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location20171

Twice in 24 hours? You're spoiling us. :)

Thanks Dijon.

<:3

Almateri

Almateri

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Rather a fickle person who works on something we like to read than no person at all!

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

This is Dijon, the idiot translator/scanslator who loves My Love Tiger. I'm translating the LN, titled Me and the Tigress. The translation quality's about a C+, but the original Korean is pretty elementary, so I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Here's the link: https://dijoninpieces.wordpress.com/

So here's how this'll go: when I get tired of the manhwa, I'll go to the LN. When I get tired of the LN, I'll switch to the manhwa. Sorry, but I really am that fickle.

there's like how many volumes, man? Lol.

By the way, be careful. SEED is very anal with scans of their stuff, if you didn't already know it. 

Kemm

Kemm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Just a question: since chapter 53 does not have the warning, does that mean that you've found a translator for chapters 71+?

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

Just a question: since chapter 53 does not have the warning, does that mean that you've found a translator for chapters 71+?

Actually, there's a huge coincidence there :)

I left it out because I didn't want readers in the future to think "God, it's so annoying that this scanslator from a year ago put so many extra pages" but then someone from another Scanslating group contacted me, wanting to take the project up after chapter 70. So the answer is, yes. A scanslating group has made itself known to me! I won't reveal its name until such time as I am given permission to do so :P

Kemm

Kemm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

That's quite a happy coincidence. Looking forward to it.

Will you lend them a hand or do they want to do it themselves?

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

My hope is to quit the series completely, so I will most likely end up as a relic from the past who provided chapters 32 to 70. I'll probably focus on Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, Me and the Tigress (the LN) and studying Korean in general. Who knows, maybe my LN translations will have caught up in a few years (probably not gonna happen. The manhwa is way easier to translate and way less time consuming).

Kemm

Kemm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

The closest reference I have to a Korean light novel translaton is Id, and leaving aside the fact that the series seems to be cursed since the very source, as far as I know three different attempts have been made to translate it, thrice they strated from scratch, thrice they divided the chapters in parts so as to "not bun out" and thrice has happened that they didn't even manage to finish chapter 1.

Seeing that, it's crystal clear that it will take a lot of effort to even dream to catch up in the middle term with the original.

The best of lucks to you and thanks for your work (also, I've decided to wait for volume 1 to be completely translated before reading the novel; looking forward to it).

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts

The closest reference I have to a Korean light novel translaton is Id, and leaving aside the fact that the series seems to be cursed since the very source, as far as I know three different attempts have been made to translate it, thrice they strated from scratch, thrice they divided the chapters in parts so as to "not bun out" and thrice has happened that they didn't even manage to finish chapter 1.

Seeing that, it's crystal clear that it will take a lot of effort to even dream to catch up in the middle term with the original.

The best of lucks to you and thanks for your work (also, I've decided to wait for volume 1 to be completely translated before reading the novel; looking forward to it).

Well, I finished chapter 1 now so at least I'm ahead of the curve in that regard :D

And chapter 2 is almost done so yay~~